All things "Victory"

richbum

• 2 weeks later...

Baby Blue 78 - book late! We booked the 10/30 cruise. Not to say we won't have a problem with weather, but the chance lessens the later in the season you go. We have sailed October most of our cruises and only had a problem once when we had to change from a western route to an eastern route.

We are on a official Cruise critic group cruise on victory on Nov. 2oth. I am so excited and counting down. WHOOHOO!!!

Here's a link to your OFFICIAL webpage for the Victory Member Cruise:. http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=246. The page contains all the information concerning deposit, pricing and booking phone numbers. Once you are book go to the below forum and post that you have booked.

Group information forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=708

Edited by dja31705

Baby Blue 78 - book late! We booked the 10/30 cruise. Not to say we won't have a problem with weather, but the chance lessens the later in the season you go. We have sailed October most of our cruises and only had a problem once when we had to change from a western route to an eastern route.

Our anniversary is 10/7 and there is a cruise that sails on that date, which would be perfect. I know that no itinerary is "hurricane proof" during this time of year, I am hoping since these stops are more southern that they would be less likely to be hit.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any recommendations about Emerald Beach? It is in a decent area of St. Thomas? I hear it's not very busy, but you can still rent kayaks and snorkel equipment. We're not huge on water sports, mostly beach bums who want to hide from the crowds and enjoy a drink or two-- maybe kayak or snorkel in the afternoon!!

• 3 weeks later...
I am finally getting around to scrapbooking our Victory cruise & OMG does it ever make me want to go back to all those gorgeous islands!!!

For all the future Victory cruisers, take lots of pictures!

Juli

Did you go to scrapbooking hour in the library, was it worth going? I heard that you can buy a scrapbooking paper kit, that would help, since I dont have much selection up here in NS.

Did you go to scrapbooking hour in the library, was it worth going? I heard that you can buy a scrapbooking paper kit, that would help, since I dont have much selection up here in NS.

Sorry. I never go to the scrapbook class. I love to scrapbook but I love to watch the ocean go by more!

I have purchased the scrapbook pack from Carnival but there are some amazing online scrapbooking suppliers that offer great cruise & beach supplies. I even custom ordered a cruise ship with the laser cut Victory 2010 & ordered most of the islands we went too & a lot of beach things!

I love to relive our cruise through scrapbooking when we get home!

Juli

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, we will, my wife and I will be on the Victory, out of San Juan on the 15th of May. Could anyone tell me, what bands will be playing, and who the piano player and comedian are. Thank you, John

This probably wont be that helpful but no one else has responded so...neither the "band" more like duo or guitar soloist were memorable for me so if that is important to you hopefully they are a different duo from when we sailed..think bad karaoke, and i really cannot even remember the guitar soloists voice. The piano player was good, but he was kind of a jerk, but everyone has an off night so who knows, we only went there once the smoke was unbearable. Both comedians we saw were very funny and i would try to make it to atleast one show, we only made it to one we were too tired! One person that did stand out to me was the main woman singer for the shows in the theatre she was awesome. Sorry i dont know anyones names..it seems that a trend with carnival is the entertainment has gone downhill fleet wide..im glad i dont care about entertaintment ill entertain myself lol

Edited by nytonowhere

Thanks for posting these pics! They have to be the best I have seen on this site so far. Amazing!

Want to make it clear that my recent April 09 mini-cruise on Victory

was a special post-Summit-of-The-Americas three day wonder offered to Barbados-island-residents only

so we went to St.Maarten.. not(I think) part of Victory's usual PR-to-Barbados-and-back loop.

Anyhoo...on the way up to SXM, we passed many islands during the night

and I woke early the next morning..

Sunrise-437.jpg

to find us off St.Kitts!

albeit quite a way from the island

StKitts-706.jpg

We were still heading North( a long run from Barbados, straight to SXM) so we got a good bit closer..

StKitts-743.jpg

Once St.Kitts was left behind by about an hour or more

up came SABA

SABA.jpg

which is nothing but a volcanic peak breaking the surface!

In my experience, this (above)

is about as clear as you'll get to see Saba

which is often covered in cloud.

Hope these aren't too off-topic for y'all...

• 1 month later...

Hi! My fiance and I are currently booked on the 09/18/11 7 day Victory cruise in an aft balcony room for our honeymoon. While talking to my PVP today, he said we could upgrade to an ocean suite for about $330 total. We will already be platinum on this cruise so wouldnt benefit anymore from the vip boarding of the ocean suite i believe. Do you think this is worth the extra money and not staying in the aft balcony room? Also, we live on the west coast where I believe our choices of ships with aft balcony rooms are limited. Thanks in advance for any decision making help!

Hi! My fiance and I are currently booked on the 09/18/11 7 day Victory cruise in an aft balcony room for our honeymoon. While talking to my PVP today, he said we could upgrade to an ocean suite for about $330 total. We will already be platinum on this cruise so wouldnt benefit anymore from the vip boarding of the ocean suite i believe. Do you think this is worth the extra money and not staying in the aft balcony room? Also, we live on the west coast where I believe our choices of ships with aft balcony rooms are limited. Thanks in advance for any decision making help!

After you have rested wave, we will be on deck 8 the right hand corner aft cabin.

ralph

We sailed the Victory for our 25th Anniversary and wish to congratulate you on your marriage & honeymoon cruise. Our first cruise was our honeymoon 25 years ago and sailing sure has changed!

Regarding balcony vs. suite we have done both. Since you are Platinum, and get VIP boarding with Platinum(which in San Juan is awesome perk -make sure at the first arched entranceway to terminal in SanJuan they know you are VIP and will put you in separate line or near front. For us they opened outside gate at

10:50-11am) As far as cabin we were in Ocean Suite- the only difference is a larger bathroom that has a real tub/shower with a jacuzzi (really just a jetted bathtub) and a nice granite topped sink, and can move around in it. The standard balcony is 35sq.feet the suiteis about 65. I am not sure what size aft balconies are. The suite also offers more storage -but for two people a standard room is plenty and can store suitcases under bed. If you have an aft cabin, I'd likely stay with it-as the ports this cruise goes to has great views from the aft. Especially sail away in St.Lucia.

One thing if you have not have your heart set on anything in St.Lucia is I highly recommend to arrange a daypass at Rendezvous resort as I covered in my review. It is all inclusive and serenity for a honeymoon is all you could ask for. It is for couples only and saw very few people. Our pass was 10-3pm for $50 a person. We arranged through Rendezvous Romantic Holiday and got in touch with manager via email. Cab ride was 5min from ship!

Here is my link to my long lengthy review with photos and menus:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=25213689&mode=linear#post25213689

Here is link to page about St.Lucia post #223

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1236801&page=12

Suzy

Edited by Buffettfan 225
typo

thanks for all the help! i'm thinking of just staying with the aft balcony as i am looking forward to the views and will not be as concerned with the vip boarding the suite has to offer. i also want to save the money we might spend on upgrading to the suite to use for other activities. i really appreciate the input!

I've read a lot of negative things about luggage becoming damaged during embarkation at the San Juan port. I know that Carnival allows self-carry on at some ports (provided your luggage meets the size criteria), would San Juan be one of them?

I've read a lot of negative things about luggage becoming damaged during embarkation at the San Juan port. I know that Carnival allows self-carry on at some ports (provided your luggage meets the size criteria), would San Juan be one of them?

Hello,

I was on the Victory this past Jan and had no problems at all with our luggage.

But I found this on Carnivals FAQ's...

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.

I don't know if San Juan is one of the ports - you may want to call Carnival and ask.

• 2 weeks later...
What restaurants are open for lunch on embarkation day on the Victory? I have searched a lot but have not found an answer to this.

Curious if there are more options than the buffet.

No such luck I'm afraid. Dining Rooms both are closed, Sushi Bar is closed, but the Lido offers an good selection. There are several sections with burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, nachos, etc along with the Deli and Wok.

Hi everyone...Lets get a new thread started about all things Victory. We are getting ready to sail in January, and would love to have people post pix, comments, questions etc. Lets see how big we can get this one.....:D

We are sailing on 7/10. I would love hear from anyone that has sailed with the Victory. I need information on shore excursions and cant miss activities and shows on the Victory. This is our 15th cruise (3rd with Carnival) and we are bringing 3 other couples along with us, who have never sailed with Carnival before. They have only sailed with RCCL. I keep telling them, that a Carnival Cruise is definitely worth the money, but it doesnt have the same feel as a RCCL cruise.

We are sailing on 7/10. I would love hear from anyone that has sailed with the Victory. I need information on shore excursions and cant miss activities and shows on the Victory. This is our 15th cruise (3rd with Carnival) and we are bringing 3 other couples along with us, who have never sailed with Carnival before. They have only sailed with RCCL. I keep telling them, that a Carnival Cruise is definitely worth the money, but it doesnt have the same feel as a RCCL cruise.

Come visit us on the July 10th Victory Roll Call Forum. There are several of us that are going and we have shared excursions we have booked and other advise. Some of us are actually booked on the same excursions to save cost. Hope you drop by and introduce yourself.