All things "Victory"

richbum

Which night is past quest party?

I've gone through my notes from November and can't for the life of me figure out what day I went to the past guest party. It was later in the week though. And it is usually at 5:00 pm...before the first dinner seating, and held in the big show lounge. It won't be listed in the Fun Times paper, but you'll get the invitation in your cabin, left by the room steward the night before.

Hi

Me and my boyfriend have booked our first cruise on victory this September 2012, the 12th. We are so excited.

We just had afew questions, if anyone could help?

We have booked an inside stateroom, and look to have been allocated 1288, does anyone know if that room is ok? Should we look into paying more money to upgrade, we originally thought to have basic room so can spend more on excursions etc.

Also when disembarking on the last day, when do you have to exit the ship?

With us being Full Board, what does this include? Can I only eat in one restaurant or in any?

Many thanks :)

We had a Balcony Cabin on Panorama Deck, loved the views and being do close to everything. All of the food is included, The Victory does not have any additional restaurants that you have to pay for. When it is time to leave, ask them for the last zone if you want to stay on just a little longer. Where are you boarding the ship? San Juan or Barbados.

Is there any way to find out what the name of our cruise director will be for our May 20 sailing? Is there a way to get in touch with him??

Thanks!

Check out this CC link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1530628. In here you will find a link to the Carnival Cruise Director Schedule. It presently shows the schedule from January to June. According to this, your cruise director should be Felipe Couto.

Hi

Me and my boyfriend have booked our first cruise on victory this September 2012, the 12th. We are so excited.

We just had afew questions, if anyone could help?

We have booked an inside stateroom, and look to have been allocated 1288, does anyone know if that room is ok? Should we look into paying more money to upgrade, we originally thought to have basic room so can spend more on excursions etc.

Also when disembarking on the last day, when do you have to exit the ship?

With us being Full Board, what does this include? Can I only eat in one restaurant or in any?

Many thanks :)

You will be assigned a dining room and either a specific time OR a time frame in which you can go to the dining room. However, there is also the buffet, and various other options such as the grill out on the Lido. Room service is also included. Basically the only things that aren't included are soda pop, alcoholic beverages and anything at the specialty coffee place.

We had a Balcony Cabin on Panorama Deck, loved the views and being do close to everything. All of the food is included, The Victory does not have any additional restaurants that you have to pay for. When it is time to leave, ask them for the last zone if you want to stay on just a little longer. Where are you boarding the ship? San Juan or Barbados.

We are boarding from Barbados :) after spending 3 days there, we cannot wait.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Here is a link to a photo of the cabin on the opposite side of the ship but with same configuration as yours. If the link doesn't stick just go to cruiselinerooms dot com and navigate through the ship lists to get to the victory.

********************/view_room.php?r_id=20213

Link not working for me???

I am thinking of booking cabin 6424 and noticed the stairs next to it.

Who uses those stairs and is it noisy?

Thanks for the pix. This will be my first time on Carnival...2 previous cruises on RCCL. Is there anything in particular that I should look for, or is there anything not to miss?:D

Not really I have done 3 RCCL and 2 Carnival now. Have my 3rd Carnival booked for this Oct on Victory.

I feel RCCL is a bit more elegant but more expensive. For the $$$ I will take Carnival. But if same $$$ I would take RCCL all day. Carnival rooms are a bit bigger. Especially balcony and Suites. Food is the same IMO its cruise ship food...

Enjoy

We are boarding from Barbados :) after spending 3 days there, we cannot wait.

Thank you so much for your reply.

When we dock in Barbados, people will be getting on and off? How does this work? Will the rest of us be held up in the morning for debarkation?

Passengers who disembark in Barbados go through a disembarking procedure in one of the lounges early in the morning. When I did this we then stopped on the ship until 2.00pm when we were taken to the airport for our homeward flight. I don't think this caused any delays for other passengers - in fact, Barbados passengers are more disrupted because they have to pass through Customs and get off the ship in San Juan even if they want to return immediately. Bear in mind that only a couple of hundred passengers embark at Barbados as opposed to the 2,000+ at San Juan.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Do you have to go through a body scanner before entering the cruise ship? Or is there a pat down? I'd rather do a pat down as I don't trust the radiation from the body scanner thingys.

You do go through one each time you board the ship, at embarkation as well as reboarding at ports of call. You might can request a pat down instead...doesn't hurt to ask.

You do go through one each time you board the ship, at embarkation as well as reboarding at ports of call. You might can request a pat down instead...doesn't hurt to ask.

You go thru a metal detector, not a millimeter wave scanner or X-ray scanner - there is no radiation involved