All things "Victory"

richbum

Getting ready to take my fourth cruise on Victory. Absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cruise. My favorite. ~

There doesn't seem to be anyone else going on Dec 26 - New Year's???? Too bad, it's going to be a great trip! :D

DS and I will be going the week prior to you - we'll try and not use up all of the fun on the fun ship and save some for you:eek: Have a great cruise!

We're almost three years removed from our Victory cruise now. DW and I still rate as our all time favorite cruise. Spent time looking at pics just last night. We had an unbelievably great time!

Hope each of you yet to sail have the experience of a life time!

• 3 weeks later...

I know it must have been mentioned somewhere in the previous 78 pages but can someone tell me where the Serenity Area is located on the Victory? I looked at the deck plans on Carnival's website but didn't see anything that said "Serenity". I hoping to snag a chair on our one and only sea day! ;)

Can someone tell me where the Serenity Area is located on the Victory?

I looked at the deck plans on Carnival's website but didn't see anything that said "Serenity".

Look up forward, and up high!

Serenity-387.jpg

Have a look again at those Deck Plans...

Serenity-411.jpg

On the website..

take the deck adjuster thingy up to Decks 12 and 14 (13 doesn't exist due to Bad Luck factors)

You're looking for Decks SKY and SUN

Aplmac - I will take your word for it. I went back to Carnival and on Deck 14 it only shows "Skylight" and "Slide Entrance". On Deck 12 it only shows "Club Oz" "Camp Carnival" and "mini golf". Nothing that says serenity.

But like I said, I BELIEVE YOU.

Thanks Hutat - but on the Carnival website, it shows no such Serenity...lol. As long as it's there, that's all the matters!

:D

Thanks Hutat - but on the Carnival website, it shows no such Serenity...lol. As long as it's there, that's all the matters!

It's there, it's just that Carnival is a "little":rolleyes: late in updating it's website:D.

Thanks for the pix. This will be my first time on Carnival...2 previous cruises on RCCL. Is there anything in particular that I should look for, or is there anything not to miss?:D

If you're disabled, look out for trouble! Carnival is okay - our last 2 cruises have been with them, but after all the changes lately and getting stuck with higher tips just because we didn't want to prepay them 6 months early, we're going back to RCCL and Princess...happily!

Seriously though, as long as you don't have a problem you need to have solved and aren't too picky about food, it's an okay line and definitely good value for the money. We've just decided that that little extra is well worth it. We've learned that you get out of a cruise what you put into it - and if you're determined to have a good time and not let little things bug you, then you'll enjoy it. It used to be mainly young folks you'd see on board the "Fun Ships" but now, it's definitely a cross section.

If you're disabled, look out for trouble! Carnival is okay - our last 2 cruises have been with them, but after all the changes lately and getting stuck with higher tips just because we didn't want to prepay them 6 months early, we're going back to RCCL and Princess...happily!

Seriously though, as long as you don't have a problem you need to have solved and aren't too picky about food, it's an okay line and definitely good value for the money. We've just decided that that little extra is well worth it. We've learned that you get out of a cruise what you put into it - and if you're determined to have a good time and not let little things bug you, then you'll enjoy it. It used to be mainly young folks you'd see on board the "Fun Ships" but now, it's definitely a cross section.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are going to have a blast on the Victory. As a widow i went solo for the first time this month and had the best vacation I've ever had. So much so that I'm taking my grown children and their SO's on the Victory this May. Several people from my Nov 6 roll call have already booked the Victory a second time as well. Check out all the Victory reviews and you'll be so excited. Here's a link to a list of Victory reviews...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1479869

There are more recent ones as well if you do a search on just Victory in the search box you'll find a ton of info to get you going.

...after slogging thru the Muster Drill at 9:30 p.m. complete with sleepy kids who want to go to bed!

you should get yourself up on a top deck somewhere

Sailaway-867.jpg

for Sailaway!

We watched Adventure of the Seas pull away a little while before we did..

RCIsails-763.jpg

leaving behind Caribbean Princess at her berth, presumably to follow a half-hour or so behind us?

WARNING!

Looking at Aplmac's pictures of the Victory is hazardous to your productivity!

You won't want to do anything but read reviews and stare at his pictures for months!

Ask me how I know! :D

Been there done that, huh?

There's no way the bridge team could have successfully docked Victory at St.Thomas

Docking-051.jpg

without the close supervision of this guy -and his several assistants at lower levels ;)

Been there done that, huh?

There's no way the bridge team could have successfully docked Victory at St.Thomas

Docking-051.jpg

without the close supervision of this guy -and his several assistants at lower levels ;)

LOL... I just love your pictures aplmac. I had not seen your name for a while and was worried you did not post anymore. Thanks for staying active. :D

GLORY-572.jpg

LOL... I just love your pictures aplmac.

I had not seen your name for a while and was worried you did not post anymore.

Thanks for staying active. :D

We did a New England/Canada cruise on GLORY

back in mid-October. :)

Caught the last cruise for the year out of Manhattan...

Sail-296.jpg

..under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge..

from Oct. 8th - 15th. very different from the usual sunshine Caribbean thing, of course.

If you're a regular on Cruisecritic's Photo Gallery at

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/index.php

then you've seen those cruise pics by now.

I don't post so much these days on the message boards

but I'm still here!