Champagne in CC Class Cabin

dukeysmom

We're not big drinkers, just a sip or two will do, of the in-cabin champagne in cc class cabin. Don't want to waste it, so would it be appropriate, instead, to bring the bottle to the dining room to share with our (as of yet unknown) tablemates? Requested large table - 8 to 10 people. Will they charge us a corkage fee?

We do this every cruise. You can mention it to your room steward and they will take it to the dining room for you and have it chilled in advance. Last cruise we had 4 bottles at our table for 8--no one drank theirs in their room! Oh, and there's no corkage fee.

Cathy

We always share our champagne with our tablemates through the steward like Cathy said, usually on the last night as kind of a festive farewell. Since they provide it, there is no corkage fee.

I have seen this done as well although the sail away champagne provided in our Sky Suite on our last cruise was barely drinkable. It was a Celebrity label. Friends who invited us to their Royal Suite had the same.

I would suggest that if you might want to quitely offer a gratuity to the wine steward who serves it in the MDR if you don't regularly use their services.

Did you have the champagne the first night on board, or wait until the next night, which is usually a formal night?

We actually did it the last night--no matter how thirsty I got in the cabin, somehow the champagne just didn't seem to be the right thing. Now, if they gave me a bottle of pina coladas, THAT would have been gone the first day!

Cathy

We handle this very simply. As you are aware, on the M class, you are presented with a glass upon boarding. After, we have ingested our noontime meal, I consume one half of the bottle during the aternoon. This is of course, during my additional exercises. Afterward, I cork the remainder, and have mimosas on the following day.

Are you aware that you can ask your cabin attendant or butler to exchange the champagne for some wine? We've done it three times.....and on one cruise, our butler even made sure we didn't run out of wine for the rest of the trip :)

Archived