Who has smuggled glass bottles of beer?

mistyinca

Be nice.:p

LOL, it's all good. I am as beer snobby as they come and have a twelver of Miller Lite in my fridge.:eek:

Everybody needs a "lawnmower" beer now and then.;) I tried the bud lime and would rather add fresh lime to a corona, dos equis, etc, but I am not a beer evangelist by any means (more good stuff for me:p).

Enjoy your BLIME! :D

LOL, it's all good. I am as beer snobby as they come and have a twelver of Miller Lite in my fridge.:eek:

Everybody needs a "lawnmower" beer now and then.;) I tried the bud lime and would rather add fresh lime to a corona, dos equis, etc, but I am not a beer evangelist by any means (more good stuff for me:p).

Enjoy your BLIME! :D

Thanks, I am right now.

I like my beer light, and i usually put lemon or lime in my beer anyway. So when they came out with Miller Chill I was all over that and when Bud Light lime came out I really like it.:p

Thanks, I am right now.

Wait a minute - I just saw your home town. Ever had sprecher black bavarian, or a Leinie Creamy Dark? I spent a year and a half in the Madison area and was amazed at the beer selection. You know, I hate to preach, but a true cheese head would never drink an AB product.:p (That is where I learned to drink Miller - my friends would not let me drink anything else, lol).

both kegs stayed fresh for 4 days - about 18 bottles at $20.

Wow! If I liked Heineken enough I would go for it. I have a full size kegerator at home, but it is not portable. Good to know!

There is nothing like stuffing that chunk of lime into that little neck!

It does amaze me with the lime thing... I have put one in a Corona myself BUT the real reason a lime was used way back was for sanitation... they would squeeze a lime over the bottle top prior and after opening to "sterilize" the top as the bottling plants did not have the "best" practices... it was done with most beer including cans.

Didn't want to start a new thread and this seems to be a similar subject.

But what happens if they do search your suitcase and find stashed alcohol?

I like a certain type of Whiskey and wanted to bring at least a fifth on board. I do plan to buy drink there, but I wanted to have at least a bottle or two for the room.

Can I have a bottle of say Crown or Jack delivered to my room through room service?

I agree with the other posters, I have never seen them serve anything in glass on the Lido decks on RCCL or Carnival, but I guess theres a first time for everything. On our last cruise with RCCL they were serving all beers on the ship in aluminum bottles, really cool. Does anyone know if this is a cruise exclusive or can we purchase those somewhere? We usually take regular can beer in our luggage but the others would definitely blend in a little better;)

For the last poster, you can purchase alcohol for your room through the Bon Voyage department on the Carnival website but be forewarned it is quite expensive:eek:

I like a certain type of Whiskey and wanted to bring at least a fifth on board. I do plan to buy drink there, but I wanted to have at least a bottle or two for the room.

Can I have a bottle of say Crown or Jack delivered to my room through room service?

If they find it they will confiscate and return to you at the end of the cruise. Not even a slap on the hand, if you ask me.

Yes, you can purchase through bon voyage, but you HAVE to call before your cruise. Be prepared to pay a premium for this service.

I have heard that some have bought bottles from a bar onboard too, never tried though.

Used to be they gave it back at the end of the cruise. Now they toss it and you lose!

...then all the porters drink your booze.:D

(I thought I'd finish your little poem.:p

I'm a poet, and don't know it. My feet show it, they're Longfellows!:rolleyes:

How old is that!!:eek::D

OK, this is what I did. Take it out of the twelve pack. put each bottle in a heavy pair of your hubbys socks put them back in the twelve pack one up and one down, retape the twelve pack and gift wrap it in wedding wrap or birthday wrap and you should be good to go.

LOL...Now that is sneaky! :p

I'm a poet, and don't know it. My feet show it, they're Longfellows!:rolleyes:

How old is that!!:eek::D

Pretty dang old, Methuselah.:p

You know what they say about big feet...

big hands!:cool:

Does anyone know if this is a cruise exclusive or can we purchase those somewhere? ...

You can find the aluminum bottles at larger distributers, but there are a couple of problems.

1. Aluminum is a great conductor, so while they brag about how you "can feel how cold" the beer is, there is a reason for that: The heat is rapidly being wicked away from your hand and the surrounding air to heat the beer. I found that even on ice, the top of the beer would warm up from the sun/air and I would have to keep the alum bottle on ice all the time. Ice melted faster too.
  2. The aluminum bottles are quite distinctive on x-ray, and I have heard about confiscations. (In case you are considering smuggling them)

We saw a lot of bottle lined up behind security when checking in. I tell friend to bring canned beer. If someone can tell the difference between a can of pop and a can of beer on x-ray. I would be glad to hand it over. Alcohol I would put in a different bottle, like a water bottle.

When I went on my last cruise on RCCl AOS, IF you were in the pool or sitting near the edge they had you use cups, BUT when on the pool deck by the lounge chairs they served you glass (corona). They just said that if you were going near the pool to get a plastic cup. Same rules applied to me on the Triumph in 2006......

Wait a minute - I just saw your home town. Ever had sprecher black bavarian, or a Leinie Creamy Dark? I spent a year and a half in the Madison area and was amazed at the beer selection. You know, I hate to preach, but a true cheese head would never drink an AB product.:p (That is where I learned to drink Miller - my friends would not let me drink anything else, lol).

Wow! If I liked Heineken enough I would go for it. I have a full size kegerator at home, but it is not portable. Good to know!

I don't like dark beer, I live 50 miles north of Milwaukee.

You can find the aluminum bottles at larger distributers, but there are a couple of problems.

1. Aluminum is a great conductor, so while they brag about how you "can feel how cold" the beer is, there is a reason for that: The heat is rapidly being wicked away from your hand and the surrounding air to heat the beer. I found that even on ice, the top of the beer would warm up from the sun/air and I would have to keep the alum bottle on ice all the time. Ice melted faster too.
  2. The aluminum bottles are quite distinctive on x-ray, and I have heard about confiscations. (In case you are considering smuggling them)

That is not what I heard about big feet. I also heard they have................................big shoes. :p

I don't like dark beer, I live 50 miles north of Milwaukee.

That still doesn't let you off the hook for drinking Bud in Miller country :p

That is not what I heard about big feet. I also heard they have................................big shoes. :p

LMAO:D

When I went on my last cruise on RCCl AOS, IF you were in the pool or sitting near the edge they had you use cups, BUT when on the pool deck by the lounge chairs they served you glass (corona). They just said that if you were going near the pool to get a plastic cup. Same rules applied to me on the Triumph in 2006......

If anyone finds a pool deck on anyship where any rule is consisently enforced, we'd love to hear about it. Its not a big deal for us, we no longer have expectations on this front. The expectation that pool rule will be enforced consistently on differnet ships and even different lines is pie in the sky.

You can bring a glass - you may be able to use it - maybe not. It might be fine the first sea day in the morning, but not in the afternoon.

If anyone finds a pool deck on anyship where any rule is consisently enforced, we'd love to hear about it. Its not a big deal for us, we no longer have expectations on this front. The expectation that pool rule will be enforced consistently on differnet ships and even different lines is pie in the sky.

You can bring a glass - you may be able to use it - maybe not. It might be fine the first sea day in the morning, but not in the afternoon.

What gets me is ANYONE who would use glass around a pool... having a pool I find it bad behavior....

If I spread my fingers wide as possible, the distance from left hand thumb tip to little finger tip is 11.25 inches. Right hand is 10.5 inches. [Right thumb broken too many times]

So I guess what they say about big feet is trooo!:rolleyes::D

I think these days they say it is the length of the ring finger relative to the length of the index finger. Trying to cut down on fraud, I guess.

I don't smuggle alcohol, but I have packed glass half gallon bottles of liquor.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone brought in your own glass bottles of beer. How did you pack it? The kind dh likes only comes in glass.

Thanks!

I think you are looking for trouble even thinking about glass bottles .. Have you seen the way that luggage is stacked up on the carts? There may be 10 suitcases on top of yours. GLASS is not agreeable. If by some chance MY suitcase was under yours, and one of your botles were to break, that's gonna be a mess. What could be worse than the smell of hot yicky beer all over my suitcase ... euwwww, yeck!

PLEASE, no GLASS. If you are set on glass, then buy it on the ship.

If you are set on smuggling, then find plastic.

Thanks,

Earle

Archived