Who has smuggled glass bottles of beer?

mistyinca

Has anyone brought in your own glass bottles of beer. How did you pack it? The kind dh likes only comes in glass.

Thanks!

We took two Heinken Mini Kegs and a collabsible cooler that fit just right with ice. Hell of a system!

yhst-43357575186341_2051_19795577

ManHo only brought three pairs of shoes. We used the tube socks as they are much smaller than bubble wrap. You just double bag em, stick em in a plastic bag and insert into the shoe. Since we had a 12 pack we had six that we just randomly rolled up in his jeans and an old beach towel. Easy peasy.

We took two Heinken Mini Kegs and a collabsible cooler that fit just right with ice. Hell of a system!

yhst-43357575186341_2051_19795577

LOL...now we know whose room to go to for the keg party!

The thing is...dh doesn't drink--he drinks non-alcoholic beers. The ones he ordered onboard (including from the Lido) are buckler non-alcoholic, and they don't come in cans or plastic. He actually prefers the St. Pauli Girl NA's, but they are glass only too.

You know...it just occurred to me...since these are non alcoholic, I wonder if we'd have a problem just carrying them on. I kind of think yes though because I think they are still sold and handled as alcoholic beverages--even thought they aren't.

ManHo only brought three pairs of shoes. We used the tube socks as they are much smaller than bubble wrap. You just double bag em, stick em in a plastic bag and insert into the shoe. Since we had a 12 pack we had six that we just randomly rolled up in his jeans and an old beach towel. Easy peasy.

LOL..."ManHo" :p. Maybe we'll give it a try.

LOL...now we know whose room to go to for the keg party!

The thing is...dh doesn't drink--he drinks non-alcoholic beers. The ones he ordered onboard (including from the Lido) are buckler non-alcoholic, and they don't come in cans or plastic. He actually prefers the St. Pauli Girl NA's, but they are glass only too.

You know...it just occurred to me...since these are non alcoholic, I wonder if we'd have a problem just carrying them on. I kind of think yes though because I think they are still sold and handled as alcoholic beverages--even thought they aren't.

NA beer in cans:

Sharps,

Old Milwaukee NA

Kaliber (made by Guinness, I think)

Labatt Nordic

The latter two may be hard to get. Find a good beer store and they may be able to help if given enough notice.

BTW, you can usually pick up a twelver at your first port and bring it back with no problem, mon.;)

We flew in the day before and I bought a 12 pack but my cousin was not in the mood that night so I had about 8 left over. We have ziplock bags with us so I placed 2 in a bag and wrapped them with t-shirts, then placed them in between clothes. This way, as long as you pack your luggage tight and the bottles don't move around, they should be okay.

NA beer in cans:

Sharps,

Old Milwaukee NA

Kaliber (made by Guinness, I think)

Labatt Nordic

The latter two may be hard to get. Find a good beer store and they may be able to help if given enough notice.

BTW, you can usually pick up a twelver at your first port and bring it back with no problem, mon.;)

LOL at Sharps in a can!! He's tried that one. It'd be like smuggling on Lucky Lager beer!:p

Just offering you options. IMO there is no decent NA option for beer. Glad I gave you a laugh.:rolleyes:

Thanks!:) I agree with you, actually.

Though I'm not much of a beer person myself. The best beer I can ever say that I drank was at a company picnic when I was 18 (:eek::o). It was Coors light and it came off a beer truck. I think it was the fact that that truck dispenser delivered the COLDEST draft beer I've ever had. (And maybe the fact that it was free was cool too, and the fact that I was able to get away with it.:eek:)

Misty,

If you decide not to smuggle, but put the NA in a backpack or something that isn't hidden, please post how you made out. My husband doesn't drink and I am interested in bringing some NA onboard.

Thanks.

Sorry Dan, but dh purchased his buckler na beer in a glass bottle at the bar port side of the lido pool as well as many other places onboard the splendor.

Like no Carnival employee ever screwed up before? I OFTEN drink at the Lido aft bar and drink Grolsh [in glass bottles] The btender pops it and pours it into a plastic cup. EVERY TIME, EVERY SHIP!

A screw up makes sense... I'm curious though (as I've only ever seen them in their original bottles), when someone buys a Corona bucket, what do they do with them then? I've seen a few people in lounge chairs with Corona buckets and they've always been the glass bottle (same as when I ordered mine). BUT these were up one deck from the pool, and aft. Does that make a difference?

A screw up makes sense... I'm curious though (as I've only ever seen them in their original bottles), when someone buys a Corona bucket, what do they do with them then? I've seen a few people in lounge chairs with Corona buckets and they've always been the glass bottle (same as when I ordered mine). BUT these were up one deck from the pool, and aft. Does that make a difference?

Depends on the ship, maybe, but I have never seen glass near the pool area (or at any lido deck bar). I am not privy to documented Carnival policy so I can't say what that is, but my personal experience is they pour the beers into these funny bottle-looking contraptions and stick them in ice. Not like they will go flat anyway. ;):D

I have never received a glass bottle of Corona from a bar on Carnival. I have, however, received the bottles in the bon voyage package.

I know I haven't because they fill 4 cups of corona for the bucket. Just not the same. :cool:

I have never received a glass bottle of Corona from a bar on Carnival. I have, however, received the bottles in the bon voyage package.

I know I haven't because they fill 4 cups of corona for the bucket. Just not the same. :cool:

I agree!!! There is nothing like stuffing that chunk of lime into that little neck!:D TBT, Mexico/tropics are the only places I drink the stuff. Just seems to go with the hot sun. :cool:

I agree!!! There is nothing like stuffing that chunk of lime into that little neck!:D TBT, Mexico/tropics are the only places I drink the stuff. Just seems to go with the hot sun. :cool:

I'm cheap.. Unless I'm on a cruise, I go with the Bud Light Lime :) lol

(obviously, I am not a beer 'snob') HAHA

Well, they were on the 4/5 Splendor...

OK, this is what I did. Take it out of the twelve pack. put each bottle in a heavy pair of your hubbys socks put them back in the twelve pack one up and one down, retape the twelve pack and gift wrap it in wedding wrap or birthday wrap and you should be good to go.

I'm cheap.. Unless I'm on a cruise, I go with the Bud Light Lime :) lol

(obviously, I am not a beer 'snob') HAHA

That is why I had to smuggle beer on, they do not sell bud light lime on any ship. :(

Archived