Question for UK Beer Drinkers

Unless they've changed it since I was on the Navigator last year (which also boasts an 'English' pub) your 'english' choices are Boddingtons Draught in a can, Newcastle Brown in a bottle, Bass in a bottle and Heiniken in a can (if you want to count that as english!!), oh and Guinness. So much for the 'English' pub!!

Simon

I understand that there is an "English Pub" on board Liberty.

Now I am not really a Lager drinker (Bud, Corona, Coors etc).

Can I assume British Bitter/Ales are available in the English Pub on board ?

did find draught Boddingtons and stella on Ind and Brill

price $7.50 for a pint 20oz

Cans $6.25

house spirit $6.25

expensive compered to other lines hope it helps

Canned Boddingtons at $7.50 per pint? English pub, Las Vegas style!:eek:

No draught but it did not travel well.

very pricey for us Brits £2.80 on P&O $4.80 on Cunard

No draught but it did not travel well.

very pricey for us Brits £2.80 on P&O $4.80 on Cunard

Hit the bars when you're in port :D.

If I'm going to have a drink at the prices they're charging I'll do it ashore and get some proper beer / wine.

Berwyn

Hit the bars when you're in port :D.

If I'm going to have a drink at the prices they're charging I'll do it ashore and get some proper beer / wine.

Berwyn

We did but you can see why the CL for diamond members was full 5-8.30

cheapest 5 bottle wine package was $130.

We did but you can see why the CL for diamond members was full 5-8.30

cheapest 5 bottle wine package was $130.

Yes, We don't pay anywhere near their prices in our best local Italian for wine.

When DW saw the wine prices she nearly had a fit, said herself she's not drinking on board.

Berwyn

Yes, We don't pay anywhere near their prices in our best local Italian for wine.

When DW saw the wine prices she nearly had a fit, said herself she's not drinking on board.

Berwyn

Smuggle it on board like everybody else in your hold luggage.

Soda package is $6.90 a day and is NOT cans. glass of house wine $6.35 $26 a bottle

they did have offers on this ship once a week where prices were reduced, 1030 am till 3pm.

So read the compass letter

Soda package is $6.90 a day and is NOT cans. glass of house wine $6.35 $26 a bottle

they did have offers on this ship once a week where prices were reduced, 1030 am till 3pm.

Thanks for the tip about the Compass and reductions. Smuggling isn't worth trying with the weight limits on the luggage on the flight then we're straight out to the ship by coach from the airport. We'll be fine for 2 weeks.

This thread makes us all sound like aload of raving alchys.:D HIc...

Berwyn

I think it is fair to say that we are all united on this site in the fact that the ( beer , wine , cider etc ) alcohol prices are over and beyond what we pay at home . Yes I do appreciate that we are at sea and that we are sitting in a premier drinking enviroment but what i would like to know is how much do we all pay at home in our local 4 star hotels for 1 pint of local beer ? Surely it should be the same as any 4 star hotel .

In my local 4 star hotel the price is £3.20 as against $7.00 dollars plus on a RCCL ship , what about you in England , Scotland , Wales , America and Canada ? :eek:

I think it is fair to say that we are all united on this site in the fact that the ( beer , wine , cider etc ) alcohol prices are over and beyond what we pay at home . Yes I do appreciate that we are at sea and that we are sitting in a premier drinking enviroment but what i would like to know is how much do we all pay at home in our local 4 star hotels for 1 pint of local beer ? Surely it should be the same as any 4 star hotel .

In my local 4 star hotel the price is £3.20 as against $7.00 dollars plus on a RCCL ship , what about you in England , Scotland , Wales , America and Canada ? :eek:

Here in North Wales the price for a pint of beer is £2.60 and in my local Italian we pay £12.80 for a litre of the House red. It's a lovely smooth one from the Venetian Plain. and in a restaurant about £2.80 a glass for wine.

Berwyn

we pay about £1.40 to £2.50 for a real beer like harveys of spitfire and about £3 to £3.5 in hotels.

price seem to have gone up a lot as a lot of the guy where i work used to work on cruise ships and were telling me the prices were about $2 for a beer.

was thinking about drinking on shore but after reading the t & c's i changed my mine dont really want to be stuck some where for being a bit tipsy.

Not a smuggler....

Here's a price list :

Drinks prices from Jewel of the Seas.pdf

Not a smuggler....

Here's a price list :

I agree with you there Linda,

It's too much trouble and immagine if it leaked in the case (I'd look good in pink shirts all cruise from the red wine) :eek:

Can't afford the space/ weight in the luggage. (20Kg. for a 2 week cruise in the suitcase)

Also the earache I'd get off DW with the embarrasment of going down to the "Naughty Room" to collect the case.

Berwyn

PS,

I just looked it says 19 days to go to cruise.Nerves and Excitement building up

Archived