Liberty of the Seas Review with lots of pictures

Janet,

Thanks for taking the time to put together that nice pictorial review.

A couple of questions. Did the Hampton you stayed at have a free airport shuttle?

How did you like the aft cabins? Did you have any issues with vibration or soot or cigarette butts on the balcony?

How obstructed was your view on the aft balconies?

Hi Scott:

Yes, the Hampton Inn provided free shuttle to and from the airport. They will also take you to the stores or restaurants close by, free of charge.

Aft cabins on Deck 10 are great. Aft cabins on Deck 7 not so great. (and I just mean the view on the balcony) These were the only two decks I could compare since I was in cabins on both decks. There was not much of an obstructed view on Deck 10 but Deck 7 seemed to have more of the steel structure in the way. Still it was a pretty sight. I am not saying don't ever book Deck 7, I am just saying Deck 10 is a better selection.

There was no vibration, no wind, no soot, and no cigarette butts. Only sun we got was when the sun went down if we were lined up in the right direction.

Our cabins and balconies on Deck 10 were noticeably longer than our friend’s cabins on Deck 7. Same cost too!

As far as aft cabins go, we needed to try it and did it. Probably won't do it again because we all enjoy sitting out on the balconies and watching everything around us. In the aft you are limited to what you are seeing, just the back. I also like going out on my balcony in the morning and watching the ship pull into the port. We also like being in a row and having the balcony doors open up down our row of cabins; the aft balconies don't open up.

So.. I don't regret being in the aft, it just isn't what I would do again. I am glad I got to experience it.

We are sailing LOS in June and can't wait! Also have our first aft cabin this time, (7708, corner aft) but won't get to go to Coz :(

My DH and I will be in our 50's starting this year :eek: but still have DS's in HS. I hope we will be able to hook up with a fun group like yours in a few years!! Ya'll seem to have alot of fun together!!

Again, great pics and review!

Jacquelyn :D

7708 will be a great cabin for you being on the corner like that. Have a great time!!!

There was no vibration, no wind, no soot, and no cigarette butts. Only sun we got was when the sun went down if we were lined up in the right direction.

Our cabins and balconies on Deck 10 were noticeably longer than our friend’s cabins on Deck 7. Same cost too!

As far as aft cabins go, we needed to try it and did it. Probably won't do it again because we all enjoy sitting out on the balconies and watching everything around us. In the aft you are limited to what you are seeing, just the back. I also like going out on my balcony in the morning and watching the ship pull into the port. We also like being in a row and having the balcony doors open up down our row of cabins; the aft balconies don't open up.

Thanks for the info. I'm considering aft for a future cruise, but for now, we like center hump balconies. ;) We had one on the Jewel and have one booked for our October LOS cruise. I like the fact that the dividers open on the LOS vs the Jewel. Our friends our next to us so we'll be able to open it up for an even bigger balcony.

I'm doing the same itinerary (minus Cozumel, of course) next week. We leave in two days, and reading this review made me so excited that my stomach hurts now, ha ha. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Erica

Thanks for the info. I'm considering aft for a future cruise, but for now, we like center hump balconies. ;) We had one on the Jewel and have one booked for our October LOS cruise. I like the fact that the dividers open on the LOS vs the Jewel. Our friends our next to us so we'll be able to open it up for an even bigger balcony.

Oh yes.. I first wanted to get the hump cabin on LOS when I booked this and the agent on the phone said: "The afts are available and they are generally the first to go!!". So I went ahead with the afts.

Yes, having the balcony dividers open really gives you so much more room and we had four cabins that opened up all the way down. It was lots of fun.

We are already looking for the next cruise... :-)

I'm doing the same itinerary (minus Cozumel, of course) next week. We leave in two days, and reading this review made me so excited that my stomach hurts now, ha ha. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Erica

Erica have a great time... I wish I were going back!

Great review! Thank you for sharing your trip with the rest of us. We're 10 days away from our Liberty sailing -- the Eastern route -- and your review made the anticipation that much better.

Have a great trip. I love the Eastern route also. We did that one in 2007.

Bon Voyage!!!

Thank you, Janet. What an awesome review! We are doing the Eastern route on Liberty in Sept.. Your review only served to heighten my anticipation and excitement!! Good Job!

Thank you, Janet. What an awesome review! We are doing the Eastern route on Liberty in Sept.. Your review only served to heighten my anticipation and excitement!! Good Job!

Thank you Rala!!

I hope you have a great time.. I know the planning stages are the best fun of all!!

Janet

Great review! Thank you for sharing your trip with the rest of us. We're 10 days away from our Liberty sailing -- the Eastern route -- and your review made the anticipation that much better.

I hope you will post a review!!

I hope you will post a review!!

Janet, that was by far the best review I have read...mostly, I am sure everyone who reads it will agree they wish they were along for the party you guys had. I am betting you are all laughing no matter where you are or no matter what the activity is! Nice thing that Liberty is so beautiful, but it likely wouldn't have mattered!

I think the themed cocktail parties is a great idea. We may have to "borrow" that one for a group cruise we are thinking about putting together for next year on the Oasis.

Bravo! You are my review of the month (in case CC is listening!)

Janet, that was by far the best review I have read...mostly, I am sure everyone who reads it will agree they wish they were along for the party you guys had. I am betting you are all laughing no matter where you are or no matter what the activity is! Nice thing that Liberty is so beautiful, but it likely wouldn't have mattered!

I think the themed cocktail parties is a great idea. We may have to "borrow" that one for a group cruise we are thinking about putting together for next year on the Oasis.

Bravo! You are my review of the month (in case CC is listening!)

Awww. Thanks Mom!! Ha ha.

Hey really thanks for your compliments. Glad you enjoyed!!

Awesome review! I love the idea of party themes....you guys had a blast! Yes, I'm ready to go w/you guys on the next cruise!

Love the name

sailingawaysoon....

Well... come on with us. We are currently looking to plan for summertime 2011 but I don't see many itinaries out there yet...

Thanks for your remarks on the review. Glad you liked it...

Janet

I absolutely loved your review!! and those pics! How clever were those parties?! I think you are exactly the kind of people RC had in mind when they said Why Not? The T-shirt idea was terrific. Keep us posted on your next cruise, it would be great to sail with folks like you. :)

:eek:Wow... I also posted my review (minus pictures) with the REVIEW site here on CC and I got this response back...

We would also like to encourage you to submit a more detailed version of your review for publication. We believe these additional instructions should help you get started. We are looking to publish reviews that are extremely detailed and comprehensive in nature -- covering all aspects of your cruise in detail. Please take a look at a few recently published reviews for samples, located on the submission page.

Here's what we look for:

Personal Background Information

Travel To Port of Embarkation

Hotel Info (if any)

Embarkation

Stateroom

Ship Info

Dining

Activities

- Children's Clubs

Staff & Service

Entertainment

Shore Excursions

Disembarkation

Summary

Let us know if you have any questions.

LauraS

Community Manager

www.cruisecritic.com

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:confused::confused:

I absolutely loved your review!! and those pics! How clever were those parties?! I think you are exactly the kind of people RC had in mind when they said Why Not? The T-shirt idea was terrific. Keep us posted on your next cruise, it would be great to sail with folks like you. :)

Thank you for your very nice comments. I even had fun making the shirts. Everyone was so surprised to get them. The whole trip was just so much fun and has given us all lots of memories!!