Finally got my book "Cruise Confidential"

tammi0916

Good Morning Tammi---still waiting for ladysail2 home address. I emailed her twice, maybe my e-mail did not go through, it didn't come back, so hopefully she will see this and let me know.

Have a good day, kmbb

Hey KMBB! Hope you are well and glad that you heard from Ladysail. Glad that the book is traveling on to others. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. The next two are pretty good to, it really helps to get in the cruising mood.

Take care of yourself so you can make the next cruise! Keep me posted when you decide and you never know we just may sign on too!

Tam:cool:

I guess I'm going to have to beg for someone to send it to me when they're finished with it. I'm willing to pay postage and/or a reasonable price for the book. I've been looking online all night and there are places asking $58+ for a USED copy PLUS postage on top of that!!!!

I got this book on Monday from the local library and I read it already.

Some good interesting reading.

My only problem with the book is I too will be closely watching the workers to see who had either a rough or lucky night.

Is anyone still looking for this book? I am willing to ship it to someone so we can keep the love going!! :p:p No, seriously mostly so that we can let others know just how the other half lives and works on a cruise ship :)

lollylew,

Id' love to have your copy if someone didn't beat me to it. Email me so we can swap details. I'd definitely pass it on when I'm finished. Thanks! :D

Misti

peterg_1@charter.net

I finished mine over the weekend and just ordered "When is the Midnight Buffet" love reading this stuff!

I would be willing to send out my copy of Cruise Confidential to someone if they want it.....I just ask that you keep it going to other Cruise Critic Members when your done.

Just post here if you want and give me an email to contact you for info...

Hi, if you still have it would you mind sending it my way? I'll pass it on once My DH and I read it :) My email is: sadere@cheerful.com

Going on my 4th cruise this fall, and I'd like to read it before then :)

.....a LARGE chunk of the book is at googlebooks.......and yes...it's GREAT..informative and riotously funny.

Will buy book anyway because don't enjoy long reads on the computer, but you will find what looks to be the majority of it there.

Mitch

I got my copy Monday and just finished it, did not lay it down, even lost sleep. Best read in a long time. I will be checking out the crew in July on the Glory to see who is wasted. And I thought us passengers partied like crazy. I am ready for the next book Brian, mine is being fought over in our household, my mom and hubbie are fighting over it now. LOL:eek:

I would love to see an official cruise critic Q & A with Brian Bruns!! With it's own thread.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a PERFECT IDEA!!!! But I think it will take multiple emails requesting it to show lots of interest...

He is a fountain of information about Cruising in general... and has specfic information on the ships he's sailed!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a PERFECT IDEA!!!! But I think it will take multiple emails requesting it to show lots of interest...

He is a fountain of information about Cruising in general... and has specfic information on the ships he's sailed!

Hi Lambie! Can you tell us who we should email about this idea?? :)

Hey KMBB! Hope you are well and glad that you heard from Ladysail. Glad that the book is traveling on to others. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. The next two are pretty good to, it really helps to get in the cruising mood.

Take care of yourself so you can make the next cruise! Keep me posted when you decide and you never know we just may sign on too!

Tam:cool:

So Tam.. does he has 2 more books?

Hi Lambie! Can you tell us who we should email about this idea?? :)

Grits... I truly believe Cruise Critic is MISSING SOMETHNG HERE!!! Hey, I'd like to go cruise to see the things he wrote about...

Well, Laura doesn't respond to to my suggestions... nut maybe if more of us wrote...

Host Mach didn't respond... maybe if we write to all the Carnival Moderators... the volume would help:

Laura is:

community@cruisecritic.com

The rest are:

HostRandy@cruisecritic.com

hostterry@cruisecritic.com

hostMach@cruisecritic.com

So Tam.. does he has 2 more books?

No he only has the one about cruising but he says he is writing the second one. The other 2 I mention are "Permenant Passanger" from a guy who was an Asst. Cruise Director - pretty good read not as captivating as Brian's book and the other is call "What time is the Midnight Buffet" by ChesterH - he is part of these boards. I really enjoyed this book - it's about his first cruise and read like a great review and he has a great wit about him.

Hope that helps!

Tammi:cool:

Just ordered this book today.. are there any more good cruise related books out there?

There is a book called Cruise Ship Blues: The Underside of the Cruise Ship Industry by Ross A. Klein. I read it several years ago, and found it interesting but disturbing at times.

Archived