Finally got my book "Cruise Confidential"

tammi0916

Thanks! In fact, at the Book Expo America this weekend, Cruise Confidential snagged two prizes: the Ben Franklin Humor Book of the Year, as well as taking the Gold at ForeWord Magazine's Humor Book of the Year. Coolness! Oh, and for those who justifiably wonder if it's all fiction, the answer is no. Names are changed, but that's it. I have a lot of friends from the ships who recognize themselves and contact me... it's been a great time.

Hi Brian! Welcome to Cruise Critic! I am so excited for you for your book's recent awards! CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Now, tell us. How much longer are we gonna have to wait for your next book? We want to know "the rest of the story". :D

Jan in Louisiana

Hi Brian! Welcome to Cruise Critic! I am so excited for you for your book's recent awards! CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Now, tell us. How much longer are we gonna have to wait for your next book? We want to know "the rest of the story". :D

Jan in Louisiana

We are all waiting! The first one was fabulous!:o

Thanks! In fact, at the Book Expo America this weekend, Cruise Confidential snagged two prizes: the Ben Franklin Humor Book of the Year, as well as taking the Gold at ForeWord Magazine's Humor Book of the Year. Coolness! Oh, and for those who justifiably wonder if it's all fiction, the answer is no. Names are changed, but that's it. I have a lot of friends from the ships who recognize themselves and contact me... it's been a great time.

Congratulations on the awards and good luck on writing the sequal. You will need to keep us in the loop when it prints so that we can see were it goes. Thanks

I cancelled my amazon order.. I ordred it on May 6th and it said that hte shipping date would be the 20th. I waited to the 20th.. checked it and they moved it to the end of June.

I guess i'll wait until a store actually has the book to try again.

I cancelled my amazon order.. I ordred it on May 6th and it said that hte shipping date would be the 20th. I waited to the 20th.. checked it and they moved it to the end of June.

I guess i'll wait until a store actually has the book to try again.

As someone else said, you can order through Amazon from one of their other sellers who have it in stock now. I checked around and found that it was on back order at a couple of other major online book stores, too. Brian, that sounds good for you! :)

Someone on here mentioned not letting crew members know you are reading it. No way. We had such a good time chatting with our dining room waiter on our last cruise on the Glory about what we had learned. He showed us his security dog that he keeps at his station, two big padlocks so no one can steal his stuff.

Now when you watch the waiters work, you know what is going on in the background. I love it.

Also, I was on the pool deck and one of the bar waiters saw the book and came over and talked with me about it. I think they appreciate the fact that we want to know more about what their lives are like.

Thanks Brian and can't wait for the sequel.

Someone on here mentioned not letting crew members know you are reading it. No way. We had such a good time chatting with our dining room waiter on our last cruise on the Glory about what we had learned. He showed us his security dog that he keeps at his station, two big padlocks so no one can steal his stuff.

Now when you watch the waiters work, you know what is going on in the background. I love it.

Also, I was on the pool deck and one of the bar waiters saw the book and came over and talked with me about it. I think they appreciate the fact that we want to know more about what their lives are like.

Thanks Brian and can't wait for the sequel.

Yes, and now I will make SURE I am never a minute late for dinner and that we don't hang around, chit chatting with table mates, past our allotted time! :o

As someone else said, you can order through Amazon from one of their other sellers who have it in stock now. I checked around and found that it was on back order at a couple of other major online book stores, too. Brian, that sounds good for you! :)

Thank you! I just ordered it from the 3rd party user.. I lost my free shipping since it wasn't prime eligible.. but at least I'll get the book!

To the Original Poster,

Thanks! I did not know about this book before seeing your post, and I immediately went to Amazon to get a copy. Lucky for me, I didn't have to wait too long to get it (about a week and a half). I just recently got off of the Conquest, and wished I would have found this book before that. OH well.

Such a great read! To be honest, I haven't read a book in about a year...the last book I read was "What to Expect when you're expecting", as I have been SO busy with my new baby, reading was something that I didn't have time for anymore. I got this book and couldn't put it down, I stayed up later after the baby went to sleep, etc.

I was sad when I got to the end, I wanted to know more!

Can't wait for the sequel, I was hoping there would be one.

Maybe Brian can go back to the ships to write more books! Ha ha ha....

Brian, if you are reading this, THANKS! and congrats on your awards.

Sigh,,,,My Amazon order still shows a possible ship date of mid June through early July. It appears to be the book thats holding it up. What stinks is that I have other items that are in the order that are in stock, but I cant get the free shipping if I order the book elsewhere.

To the Original Poster,

Thanks! I did not know about this book before seeing your post, and I immediately went to Amazon to get a copy. Lucky for me, I didn't have to wait too long to get it (about a week and a half). I just recently got off of the Conquest, and wished I would have found this book before that. OH well.

Such a great read! To be honest, I haven't read a book in about a year...the last book I read was "What to Expect when you're expecting", as I have been SO busy with my new baby, reading was something that I didn't have time for anymore. I got this book and couldn't put it down, I stayed up later after the baby went to sleep, etc.

I was sad when I got to the end, I wanted to know more!

Can't wait for the sequel, I was hoping there would be one.

Maybe Brian can go back to the ships to write more books! Ha ha ha....

Brian, if you are reading this, THANKS! and congrats on your awards.

I agree with you! I am the orginal posted and hadn't read a book in several years as like you - just too busy. But once I started, I remembered how much I enjoy reading and have really missed it! I have also finished "Permenant Passenger" and "What time is the midnight buffet" both were also good but not the same as Brian's book.

Tammi;)

Ok everyone, Tammi0916 was so very nice to me and sent me all 3 books. I am almost done with Cruise Confidential and I will sent it off to some one who gives me their e-mail address so that I can get your address to send it to.. When you are done with it, please pass it on to some one else. The first person to post their e-mail will get this copy mailed to them over the weekend. kmbb

:D

Ok everyone, Tammi0916 was so very nice to me and sent me all 3 books. I am almost done with Cruise Confidential and I will sent it off to some one who gives me their e-mail address so that I can get your address to send it to.. When you are done with it, please pass it on to some one else. The first person to post their e-mail will get this copy mailed to them over the weekend. kmbb

Hey KMBB! Glad your enjoying the book! Hope you are well. Thanks for keeping the book going...

Tammi:D

Tammi--no problem. I think it will get passed around pretty much. It sounds like its hard to get for some people. I will sent the others off also when I get done with them. I just such a slow reader, just too busy to sit down and relax and read. At night, I'm so tired that when I read I fall asleep. ThanksTammi, great idea to pass it around. kmbb

:D

Hey KMBB! Glad your enjoying the book! Hope you are well. Thanks for keeping the book going...

Tammi:D

What a great thing you are doing. :) Love when I read about these little acts of kindness here on CC.

I just put the book on reserve from my local library on line. I will get a call when it comes in. :)

Thanks from me too. I had seen your post and ordered the book that day, I got it from Amazon in a few days. My 15 year old daughter read it and loved it, then me and now I have to let my mom borrow it. Can't wait to find out what happens in the sequel!!

I agree with you! I am the orginal posted and hadn't read a book in several years as like you - just too busy. But once I started, I remembered how much I enjoy reading and have really missed it! I have also finished "Permenant Passenger" and "What time is the midnight buffet" both were also good but not the same as Brian's book.

Tammi;)

Will you ship to Canada???? If so......winkiecat9@yahoo.com Thanks!!

I would love to read The other two if you want to pass them on, i will do the same dbusby2001@yahoo.com

ladysail2---Does it cost more to ship to Canada? I have no idea. Let me know, I don't even know how much it costs to ship in the U.S. I probally would not have a problem shipping it to you, as along as it didin't cost me a fortune to ship. kmbb

Bought mine used on E-bay for $10 including shipping. Was like new when I rec'd it.

Pretty good read. Dragged in a few spots but overall it waa enjoyable.

I just wonder if it will impact any future cruise for me. Can't help but wonder if I'll look at the cew differently when I'm onboard and if it will affect my experience. Not in a bad way. Just differently.

Dr. Jack

ladysail2---Does it cost more to ship to Canada? I have no idea. Let me know, I don't even know how much it costs to ship in the U.S. I probally would not have a problem shipping it to you, as along as it didin't cost me a fortune to ship. kmbb

I'm not sure...if you can give me an approx weight of the book, I can go to the US postal site and figure it out. Maybe the approx dimensions of the book too! Thanks!

Joyce

Hi KMBB...don't know if you have the paperback or hard cover copy...but this is what I found out. I went to Amazon and their dimensions are for a book weighing 363 grams = 12.8 ounces

According to the US Postal site....a book weighing up to 1 pound = 16 oz would cost $5.01 to mail to Canada...a book weighing up to 1 pound 4 oz = 20 oz would cost $ $5.99 to mail as First Class Mail International Package. The rate would include the weight of the book and wrapping.

I would be more than happy to reimburse your shipping costs to you!

Hope you had a good dinner!!

Joyce

Archived