Finally got my book "Cruise Confidential"

tammi0916

I finally got this book from Ama$on today! It had been back ordered for several weeks. I have been looking forward to reading since hearing about it on CC boards - and I have to admit so far about 1/4 of the way thru it has not disappointed.

Great read and very funny not to mention eye opening to a whole nother world.......I highly recommend it!:cool:

I checked it out from the library and was the first one to read that copy!!

I read it in 4 nights!!! Just before going on the Conquest!!!

There is a person in the book called 'Made' - I saw 2 Crew members with that name on the ship!! LOL!! One was a waiter and the other our Room Steward! I did not ask them if they were the one in the book.

i finished the book a couple of days ago. When I step on the Conquest, I know I will be looking at most of the crew very differently. I can see me in the back of my head wondering, just how many shots they've had that day!

I ordered this from Ama$on 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received it. Hopefully it will be here soon!!!! I am really looking forward to reading this one!

Mine took forever too - it was back ordered 2x, but got it yesterday an so far well worth it!

Going through the library I had a 3 day wait for it to come from another branch and it didn't cost me a dime.

My intentions were to order the book through the library, but I just moved and can't find the freakin' thing, lol. There isn't a library for my specific suburb, so I need to find out which one serves my area.

I just ordered it on Amazon today and my estimated delivery date is May 20th - June 5th. All of the reviews of the seller stated "fast delivery", so fingers crossed that it comes sooner than later!

I read my copy in 2 days...could not put it down. I have a neice-in law that worked in Camp carnival and never heard these kind of stories. I understand she hung out with the entertainers who are mostly American. I never realized the hours these people have to work for not alot of money. I did see our dining room waiter working 3 different jobs...I just never put 2 + 2 together. The book gives you a whole new perspective of the cruise industry and how hard the employees work to give us "rich Americans" (right) a nice cruise!

Thanks for posting the pics. It is a bit odd to see how the people really look compared to the images created in my mind.

I have about 10 pages to go to finish it. Great book. I will give to DW to read as soon as I am done - it'll be interesting to see how we look at the employees when we are on the ship.

Just ordered this book today.. are there any more good cruise related books out there?

Yes, pick up a copy of What Time is the Midnight Buffett? It is written by one of our own Cruise critics and a fellow that I do know. I have one of his original copies. It's a hoot.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Going through the library I had a 3 day wait for it to come from another branch and it didn't cost me a dime.

None of the libraries here have it.. that's why I broke down to buy it.. I didn't know it was such a long wait when I did either.

I'm sure Amazon is wondering why there is this sudden demand for this book. I got mine a couple of weeks ago and read it in a day, couldn't put it down. It definitely made me want to read another cruise book!

Definitely a good read! I got it from the library (a week wait) and read it in 2 days. Then my husband took it and read it in 3 days - and he's not a big reader! Definitely gave you a different perspective of what the crew goes thru. I know I'd never make it in a million years!

I got mine from a local bookstore and they had to order it, but it took only 2 days. I read it in 3 days, then loaned it to a friend who took it on his cruise, he's on the Paradise as we speak and then will be on the Splendor next week (couldn't resist those cheap last minute rates right now) and I'm sure he'll be looking at the crew differently! Hopefully they won't see him reading it!

Archived