RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Here's the link to the website where I got my Colosseum Underground/Upper Levels tour: http://www.tickitaly.com/tours/colosseum-dungeon-upper-level-tour.php

I kept checking daily because they open them up in 2 or 3 month blocks. I think mine ended up around 45 days in advance.

We really enjoyed the tour. The guide was not the best (not quite up to RIL standards) and the little microphones around your neck did not work well, but we still liked it. Since I was getting for a group of 9 I wanted to be sure to get them as soon as possible.

Are the Catacombs you saw on the Appian Way? We lucked up and I've already received a confirmation from the Vatican for a scheduled Scavi Necropolis Tour and we're really excited about that for next summer.

And for hylasgirl, here's a couple of photos from Odescalchi:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Be sure to print your confirmation and take with you. Luckily I did because they originally tried to say either we wait for a couple of hours for a regular tour or pay 175 euros for a private one. Thanks to our wonderful driver from RIL and my printed confirmation, we got the tour at the time we had arranged for 7 euros a piece. Tour was an hour and well worth it. I just wish we could have taken photos inside the castle.

Thank you SO much for the photos :) It looks really nice!

How can I find the cruise share location? Our ship Thomson Dream doesn't seem to have a roll call page ....... or if they do, I can't find it :confused:

add http://www. to the link below. I don't think they'll allow me to post the full link, but here is where you can find the tour sharing. I'll look around for your Roll Call also.

romeinlimotoursharing.com/index.php#4

How can I find the cruise share location? Our ship Thomson Dream doesn't seem to have a roll call page ....... or if they do, I can't find it :confused:

It looks like maybe you found it? The Roll Call board for Thompson doesn't look like the others so I'm not sure. Good luck with finding someone to share with. Even if you only have 4 people, it's still a great value from the ship prices. We tour very frequently with only 4 people. I'm getting to the point where I'd rather tour with only one other couple than save 20e per person to fill a van. It makes for a really nice day doing exactly what you want to do.

Great information here. We are also discussing using RomeInLimo. We habe family members who toured with them a couple years ago snd recommend them highly.

You certainly will be more than happy with RIL.

On our recent NCL Jade Cruise Oct / Nov we used Romeinlim.com for both our airport to ship transfer & our day tour when we finished our cruise. The booking process was simple & all my questions were answered promptly which I certainly appreciated.

Our transfer driver was Salvatori who was waiting with our name on a sign as we arrived & he had us at the ship quickly. Salvatori helped us with our luggage & made sure we knew where to meet our guide when we returned.

On our return Nick was there to meet us again with our name on a sign & away we went. Nick was very knowledgeable & guided us to the sites before the bigger buses so we always got the best views. Nick made suggestions for a lovely lunch before meeting our Vatican guide … (who was also arrange through Romeinlimo). "Yoryanna" just call her Georgia was excellent! The Vatican was a delight & so full of interesting areas that the over 2 hours just flew by & it was time to say addio before we knew it. Nick whisked us to our hotel near the airport & saw us safely settled in for our last night in Rome.

Our group of 8 highly recommends using this company for your trip to Rome.

We also highly recommend Rome In Limo. We spent 5 days in Rome prior to our cruise. Sarah was our Vatican guide, Nick drove us to Pompeii and Sorrento, and Maurto drove us to Ceri and then to the cruise ship dock.

Sarah was a wealth of knowledge about the Vatican and its history. She is a great guide and we were so grateful to have her share her knowledge with us. She also is the best "crowd wrangler" that we have ever met!

Nick was a great driver and was so funny! We enjoyed the time we spent with him. He recommended a restaurant in Sorrento that was inexpensive, charming and the food was excellent. Thanks Nick!

Maurto, is an incredible guide and driver. He went above and beyond to make our family feel special. We highly recommend him.

Rome in Limo made our trip to Italy special. When they picked us up from our rented apartment, they were always on time. We never waited...they are the best in the business

Also, Jany (who works with the bookings) is such a joy to work with. She is super at her job. Thanks Jany...

Rick and Carol Kemp

Colorado

I arranged an all-day tour for 8 off the Ruby P at Naples in Oct. with Rome In Limo. Raphael was our driver and one of the best we've ever had on a tour. First we visited Herculaneum where Maria was our personal guide (an excellent choice). Our next stop was Sorrento where we had free time and then Rapahel took us to a delightful restaurant for lunch. The service there was above and beyond! We had planned to return to Naples to visit the Archaeological Museum, but Raphael offered us the option of going to Positano instead so that's what we did. Raphael was a wonderful tour guide and entertained us with his singing, especially on our way back to Naples. We felt very well taken care of the entire day and would not hesitate to use RIL in the future.

Edited by BarbinMich

I arranged an all-day tour for 8 off the Ruby P at Naples in Oct. with Rome In Limo. Raphael was our driver and one of the best we've ever had on a tour. First we visited Herculaneum where Maria was our personal guide (an excellent choice). Our next stop was Sorrento where we had free time and then Rapahel took us to a delightful restaurant for lunch. The service there was above and beyond! We had planned to return to Naples to visit the Archaeological Museum, but Raphael offered us the option of going to Positano instead so that's what we did. Raphael was a wonderful tour guide and entertained us with his singing, especially on our way back to Naples. We felt very well taken care of the entire day and would not hesitate to use RIL in the future.

Isn't Raffaelle the best driver ever!? I just adore him. We've had him on several occasions now and always request him if possible. He's a Sorrento local and I just love spending the day with him. We are going to Naples again in May and I have already reserved Raffaelle.

I'm glad you had a great day in Naples. It would be hard not to with him as your driver:)

We have just returned from the Ruby TA and I booked a tour using RIL for Cinque Terre. I used RIL for our Med cruise 2 years ago based on recommendations from CC and found them to be wonderful. This was the only tour I personally booked from our roll call but used private tours others had booked so had alot to compare to. I have to say that although all tours were enjoyable this one was the best. Our tour did not include a guide but when we were picked up we were told a guide had been included. I later found out that this was complimentary because of our previous bookings. Our driver Mike was so personable and knowledgeable as was our guide Lucca. We had a great day and certainly wouldn't have enjoyed it or got as much out of it without the guide. We also had time for a visit to Pisa on the way back to the ship. We were shocked to see that the following day the Cinque Terre region was devastated by torrential rain and mudslides, found the video on youtube and couldn't believe we had been standing there less than 24 hours previously. Thank you RIL once again for a great day.

Terry

This was the third year for us to visit Italy and RIL was the company we called for all our transfers and our trip to Pompii.....we had Francesco as our driver and Luisa was our guide in Pompii. We requested her as she had guided us the last time we were in Rome. Wonderful company with professional drivers and guides. Can't wait to get back there again. Several people on our cruise ship also used RIL for their tours and transfers and also told me they were great.

We just completed a transatlantic cruise, on which we hired RIL do take my husband and myself on a private tour of the countryside around Rome (their Etruscan Tour). As both of us had been to Rome on previous occasions, we decided to explore the countryside in a relaxed way, not being bundled up in a tour bus full of tourists. Our driver was Angelo, and he went out of his way to make it an enjoyable and interesting 9 hours sightseeing the area. He has been with RIL since its inception. We visited the old towns of Tarquinia, Tuscania (where we visited the Tomba de la Regina - Tomb of the Queen, on special permission, and 2 very old churches), Oreola Romana, the hill-top village of Ceri (where we had a wonderful lunch on the edge of a cliff), Bracciano (where we spent time at the lake, and did a tour of the Castello Orsini Odeschalci with 3 other people - spectacular view from up the towers!), and eventually returned after covering about 250km of driving that day. Angelo pointed out places and facts of interest, and called ahead to make special arrangements for places that would normally be closed on the Monday we visited. Although generally more expensive for 2 as compared to a ship's excursion, we saw and experienced so much more, staying longer where we wanted to, and enjoying a tourist-free tour of some spectacular scenery and places of interest. I hired RIL on the recommendation of CC, and we were not disappointed!

In June this year, we had a wonderful and very efficient tour of Rome in 8 hours with our driver-guide Onofrio (American tourists all him "Jack") during our Western Mediterranean tour on LOS. We saw all the important sites at our own pace without having to wait for other people. Onofrio was a wealth of information and tips, he could get us into little side lanes that tour buses could never do, right next to the Pantheon, Trevi fountain and Plaza Navona, Campo del'Fiori etc saving us lots of time and walking and even drove us all up to a lookout point for the Forum which required a special sticker on his car.

We booked out Vatican and Colosseum tickets on-line (clicking on the links in the RomeinLimo website) and walked right to the entrances bypassing all the long queues (definitely worth the few extra euros).

I came back giving rave reviews about RomeinLimo and Onofrio to all our friends and we were back in Rome again on 1 and 2 Nov before our Holyland cruise (from Venice) and requested for him again. He picked us up from the airport and this time took us to some of the beaten track places and well as the Christian tour of Rome. We had a wonderful time and we have 4 groups of friends going to Rome in the next few months and all of them are going to use him too.

One thing though, don't bother paying extra for the private Vatican guide, we did that in June and she never gave us any extra information or pointed out anything along the way, she was just trying to get us into the Sistine chapel as quickly as possible. We went on our own the second time and did just fine on our own by downloading audioguides into our mobile phones online. The best ones (free) are the Rick Steves ones from his website. I used them for all the important sites in Rome, Venice and Athens.

One thing though, don't bother paying extra for the private Vatican guide, we did that in June and she never gave us any extra information or pointed out anything along the way, she was just trying to get us into the Sistine chapel as quickly as possible. We went on our own the second time and did just fine on our own by downloading audioguides into our mobile phones online. The best ones (free) are the Rick Steves ones from his website. I used them for all the important sites in Rome, Venice and Athens.

Glad you had a good time but I could NOT disagree more about not hiring a guide in the Vatican. RIL gave us Serena and she was an amazing wealth of knowledge and made the grounds, the museum, the chapel, St Peter's come alive for us. I would not mind going back a second time with no guide because we have the knowledge she gave us but without her the 1st time it would have been far more difficult to learn all that we did in a short amount of time. We completely enjoyed our time with her.

We just got back from a 12 day Med cruise and used RomeInLimo for three ports. ( Naples, Florence and Rome). Our tour guides were excellent ( Vito, Maurizio and Fabrizio and Sarah in the Vatican.) They picked us up on time, were extremely professional and had a great wealth of information to give us. Our guide for the Vatican was worth the money as I cannot imagine trying to do this on our own.

RomeInLimo was fantastic and I would recommend then to anyone looking for something better than what the ships offer.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I just finished a cruise of the Mediteranean on the Celebrity Solstice and used RomeInLimo in Florence, Rome, and Naples. It was more expensive than the shore excursions on the ship but we were able to see much more than others we spoke to aboard ship. Having a private car enbles the drivers to get much closer to the attractions and time is not wasted loading and unloading the bus. A few examples - in Rome we saw all the major attractions plus the Vatican Museum including the Sistine Chapel. In Naples we were able to visit Sorrento, the Amalfi coast including Positano, and Pompeii. The ship's shore excursion visited Sorrento and Pompeii only.

In both the Vatican and Pompeii we arranged for private guides and glad we did. Both were very knowledgeable and made both places come alive.

Yes, this was more expensive way to go, but worth every penny.

Edited by chrisbu315

We also used RomeInLimo and our tour of the Amalfi Coast was spectacular. We also used Guided Tours Israel, which is rec. by Rome in Limo, and again our tours of the Holy Land were great. These two companies are fantastic. Great guides. worth every penny. You see everything without the hassel of a big tour bus. Best of all, you go places a big bus could never go. Try them, you won't be sorry.

Totally agree... I think a private guide at the Vatican is worth every penny. You have to want to know what is in there... and the history. I've done a big ship tour to the Vatican and I've done it alone... and I've also done a private tour. There is NO comparison. I think someone who has a passion for the art and the history is great to have leading you around. I do agree that not everyone has this passion and should not be leading tours... but I've had incredible private guides arranged with Romeinlimo.

We just returned from Rome to Ft Lauderdale 14 day cruise but was in Rome for 3 days prior and booked the 8 hour day tour with RomeInLimo. Antonio picked up at the Hilton right on time and Janny had upgraded us to an S class Mecerdes for the day. Braydon, our Vatican tour guide, was waiting for us at 2pm exactly as had been planned. Absolute necessity to have guide for museums and Sistine Chapel!! Was a great day. You actually need a whole day at the Colosseum/Forum and would recommend getting one of the guides there.

We just returned from Rome to Ft Lauderdale 14 day cruise but was in Rome for 3 days prior and booked the 8 hour day tour with RomeInLimo. Antonio picked up at the Hilton right on time and Janny had upgraded us to an S class Mecerdes for the day. Braydon, our Vatican tour guide, was waiting for us at 2pm exactly as had been planned. Absolute necessity to have guide for museums and Sistine Chapel!! Was a great day. You actually need a whole day at the Colosseum/Forum and would recommend getting one of the guides there.

I agree, the Colosseum ticket includes the Palantine Hill and Roman Forum. To do this entire site justice you need a FULL day. We did half day with Sistine Chapel and half with Colosseum. It was really too much to cram in, but you do what you have to with limited time :)

We have been to Italy twice now and booked all our tours with Rome in Limo. This company is top notch in every way. We are traveling to Italy again in October 2012 and I have already been in contact with Jany to let her know we are coming! This time we are going "off the beaten path" and I know she and Duman will plan a perfect day for us once again!

We used RIL in Rome and Florence. Our driver in Rome was Franco and for the Vatican we had Sarah. I can't remember the guide's name in Floence. All were very professional and knowledgable and the tours were without any problems whatsoever. As stated before you definitely want the private guide for the Vatican. Will defiantely use RIL again and recommend them to all our friends.