Balcony room perks on Spirit???

SueCTlady

I have read that balcony rooms on some ships get some extra perks. I called NCL yesterday and the gentleman (sounded like a kid) could not answer that question. He said I would find out if there is any perks after I embark. Was he right??? We're leaving on July 24th out of boston to bermuda and I am sooooo excited!!!!!:o:o:o:o

Hm, I would not count on them informing you of them when you embark, if you don't learn of them on here you won't know about them for the most part.

There is one of the restaurants forget the name that is open for breakfast for balcony and mini suite guests, you get robes in the cabin They probably have the dedicated hot line on the phone but not positive if that has been updated or not. You can make advance dinner reservations for the specialty places 48 hours in advance. You get fruit in your cabin. and there MAY be a separate check in line for balcony and minisuite guests or not, Haven't been out of Boston since the inception of Freestyle 2.0

Hm, I would not count on them informing you of them when you embark, if you don't learn of them on here you won't know about them for the most part.

There is one of the restaurants forget the name that is open for breakfast for balcony and mini suite guests, you get robes in the cabin They probably have the dedicated hot line on the phone but not positive if that has been updated or not. You can make advance dinner reservations for the specialty places 48 hours in advance. You get fruit in your cabin. and there MAY be a separate check in line for balcony and minisuite guests or not, Haven't been out of Boston since the inception of Freestyle 2.0

I just returned from the Spirit today. No more fruit in the cabin, but we did get robes.

Garden Restaurant is open for breakfast for balcony passengers and above.

We found out by talking to another passenger in the elevator. It was not written down anywhere and not listed in the freestyle daily.

I just returned from the Spirit today. No more fruit in the cabin, but we did get robes.

Garden Restaurant is open for breakfast for balcony passengers and above.

We found out by talking to another passenger in the elevator. It was not written down anywhere and not listed in the freestyle daily.

Do we keep the robes or are they just borrowed?

borrowed unless you buy one. My mother bought one on a cruise once. They give you a nice new one still in the bag if you purchase it.

It's nice not to have to pack one.

Robes are only for use during the cruise unless you choose to purchase one, though I didn't see a notice to that effect in the room. Also we heard that one of the dining rooms was open for breakfast for balcony guests, but again saw nothing in writing indicating that. We only ate breakfast in the dining room on the last morning but it only confirmed for us that the buffet in Raffles Court was the better choice with a wider selection of foods including waffles.

I'll see you on the ship! We are going on that sailing as well... I cannot wait, I am very excited. This is only my second cruise ever.

Hi Sue & Cookiebun: we are also planning on being on this cruise -- it's nice to finally see some more people booked!:D We haven't booked yet -- it's a long story; can't book until after the 16th of June...

There is a roll call thread (actually there may be two or three that were started, but never really got anywhere) on the roll call boards.

Balcony guests can eat breakfast in the Garden dining room. It was our preference because your cereals, fruit, and pastries are served buffet-style on a long table and then your hot menu items are served to you tableside. I really dislike buffets in general, just because I hate getting bumped around. Garden was usually quick and quiet, which was perfect. We even ate here on excursion days and had no problems with time. You won't find the information about dining room perk for balcony guests written anywhere on NCL literature - only on CC! :)

The robes are a waffle-weave and are generously cut. We are not small people and it covered adequately. We liked them a lot, and there were two hooks right outside the bathroom door that we hung them on.

The other thing balcony guests can do is make speciality reservations 48 hours in advance as opposed to 24 for OV and inside cabins.

Have a terrific time. The Spirit is wonderful.

They are just for the cruise. We got the less expensive waffle-weave ones on our latest cruise. I like them better because they are lighter. DH liked his so much I bought one for him for Christmas. I think it was only something like $40.

Viv

We always stay in an inside cabin and always eat a sit-down breakfast in one of the main dining rooms. Is this only available to balcony guests on the Spirit? We're sailing Boston to New Orleans in October.

Thanks,

Tony

We always stay in an inside cabin and always eat a sit-down breakfast in one of the main dining rooms. Is this only available to balcony guests on the Spirit? We're sailing Boston to New Orleans in October.

Thanks,

Tony

I was on the Spirit week before last. The main dining room called Windows is open to all guests. On our sailing the second main dining room Garden was open to balcony and above. The menu in both restaurants is exactly the same.

Archived