(DIA)Denver airport-security twice?

S.S.Oceanlover

We are flying from Anchorage to Ohl with a stop in Denver. When we go through security in Anchorage to go to Denver we will be flying on Frontier.

Our next leg from Denver to Philly would be on USAirways. Would we have to go through security again in Denver if we had to go to a different terminal after getting off the Frontier flight?

We only have an hour between flights.

Any help is appreciated.:)

Bill

No need to go through security again. If USAir is on a different concourse (Frontier is usually A), you take a train that circles between all the concourses and baggage.

Look out the window on the train for the pinwheels. DIA is a nice airport

No need to go through security again. If USAir is on a different concourse (Frontier is usually A), you take a train that circles between all the concourses and baggage.

Look out the window on the train for the pinwheels. DIA is a nice airport

Sharon,

Thanks alot. Never had the pleasure of stopping at DIA. Looks like Frontier os on Concoyse A like you said and USAirways is on Concourse C. It looks like they only have 1 gate??

USAirways is a hub here in PHL so it seems odd to me. lol

Thanks again

Bill

Very easy

When you get off your Frontier flight. Make your way to the middle of the concourse. . There you will see the escalators. Take them down to the trains. They come by concourse “A” every 4 to 5 min.

You will need to go too concourse “C”. That is the trains last stop, get off there and go with the crowed up the escalators.

It should take you no more then 15min from your gate in concourse “A” to your gate on concourse “C”

Have a safe flight.

You're welcome Bill. I'm flying USAir to Rome in November so if I have questions about PHL, I know who to go to now!

Let me give you some advice right now. Try to avoid stopping here. I don't know if it's gotten any better but for quite awhile they were notorious for losing luggage, or your luggage came on the next flight into whatever airport you flew into.

Thanks Johnlcruise. I appreciate your reply.

Bill

If you have time to kill at DEN: Concourse A is connected to the main terminal by the underground train and a "skybridge". Go upstairs to Level 4 and walk onto the skybridge. It's very cool to have planes taxi underneath you. I believe you can go onto the bridge from Concourse A and stay inside the security area. If you take the train to the main terminal you will be outside of security when you exit the train.

Archived