Where Next?/ Loyalty certificates

mistyinca

OK,

I found my order form from the Splendor, and I noticed something on it I never saw before. So here is the exact wording on it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FUTURE CARNIVAL VACATIONS

Where Next?

ONLY AVAILABLE DURING THIS CRUISE

Book now and receive up to $200 to spend any way

you like on your next Carnival vacation.

This offer is only available onboard this ship. When you purchase your future cruise onboard you will receive up to $200 onboard credit on your next Carnival vacation.

If you know when you want to cruise again, we will help you arrange your vacation today:

• You will receive the Onboard Credit promotion...PLUS...
  • You will receive two vouchers you can give to your Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit as you

Not sure when you can cruise again, but want to receive the great offer? You can! With only a $100.00 deposit toward your future cruise, we will issue you a certificate good for an on board credit worth up to $200.00* per stateroom.

Speak today to a Loyalty & Cruise Expert

located on Promeade Deck (5) mid-ship for more details.

(On the back)

Important information about your Future Carnival Vacations Offer.This offer is valid for up to $50 per stateroom on a 3-5 day cruise, up to $75 per stateroom on a 6 day cruise, up to $100 per stateroom on a 7-8 day cruise, and up to $200 per stateroom on a cruise 12 days or longer. Single occupancy bookings receive half of the onboard credit amount. Onboard credit value is based on length of sailing and will be assigned per stateroom when ship and sailing date is selected. Full deposits are due at the time of booking and vary by sailing. Friends and family vouchers not applicable with certificate purchases. Offer is only available when purchasing a cruise on board.

The information I asked the Loyalty & Cruise Expert when I was onboard was (a) if they could be combined with the Welcome back discount; they CANNOT; and (b) if they could be combined with Carnival $100 cruise certificates purchased with Citibank's "Thank you" credit card points; yes, they CAN.

OK, so my question is about the Friends and Family part. So if I go in, and I know what cruise I want to book (7 day), and I book it there, does this mean I get:

$100 on board credit per stateroom

and

I get 2 certificates to give friends and family for them to get $100 per stateroom credits too?

Has anyone done this, not purchasing the certificates, but actually booking on spot and getting the friends and family certificates? I want to know then if those same certificates can be used yourself on a future cruise, or if they would have to have the friends and family book the same sailing?

OK,

I found my order form from the Splendor, and I noticed something on it I never saw before. So here is the exact wording on it.

Where Next?

This offer is only available onboard this ship. When you purchase your future cruise onboard you will receive up to $200 onboard credit on your next Carnival vacation.

If you know when you want to cruise again, we will help you arrange your vacation today:

• You will receive two vouchers you can give to your Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit as you

Not sure when you can cruise again, but want to receive the great offer? You can! With only a $100.00 deposit toward your future cruise, we will issue you a certificate good for an on board credit worth up to $200.00* per stateroom.

(On the back)

Important information about your Future Carnival Vacations Offer.This offer is valid for up to $50 per stateroom on a 3-5 day cruise, up to $75 per stateroom on a 6 day cruise, up to $100 per stateroom on a 7-8 day cruise, and up to $200 per stateroom on a cruise 12 days or longer. Single occupancy bookings receive half of the onboard credit amount. Onboard credit value is based on length of sailing and will be assigned per stateroom when ship and sailing date is selected. Full deposits are due at the time of booking and vary by sailing. Friends and family vouchers not applicable with certificate purchases. Offer is only available when purchasing a cruise on board.

The information I asked the Loyalty & Cruise Expert when I was onboard was (a) if they could be combined with the Welcome back discount; they CANNOT; and (b) if they could be combined with Carnival $100 cruise certificates purchased with Citibank's "Thank you" credit card points; yes, they CAN.

OK, so my question is about the Friends and Family part. So if I go in, and I know what cruise I want to book (7 day), and I book it there, does this mean I get:

and

I get 2 certificates to give friends and family for them to get $100 per stateroom credits too?

Has anyone done this, not purchasing the certificates, but actually booking on spot and getting the friends and family certificates? I want to know then if those same certificates can be used yourself on a future cruise, or if they would have to have the friends and family book the same sailing?

Yippie!!!! So they are offering these types of deals when on the ship?!?!?!?!? I am sooooooo there if they offer this on my cruise.

Yippie!!!! So they are offering these types of deals when on the ship?!?!?!?!? I am sooooooo there if they offer this on my cruise.

If I recall correctly, they only offer these on certain ships/sailings. They did not have them on the Paradise 4 day cruise I was just on.

OK,

Where Next?

(On the back)

and

I havent done this on Carnival, but tried on RCL and Im betting they work similar. You only have so many days after you book for the friends and family to book. They have to book the same cruise, same date to use them and also they have to book within a certain number of days after you book. I had two friends and family certs wasted last time. Waited too long. I could have given them to someone on my roll call if I knew the time limit earlier.

gone cruisin ..... mostly these next cruise certs are sold on conquest class or above size ships. So, it depends on what ship you will be on.

I havent done this on Carnival, but tried on RCL and Im betting they work similar. You only have so many days after you book for the friends and family to book. They have to book the same cruise, same date to use them and also they have to book within a certain number of days after you book. I had two friends and family certs wasted last time. Waited too long. I could have given them to someone on my roll call if I knew the time limit earlier.

OK...interesting. We kind of know that we want to book a Caribbean cruise for Spring Break next year. If there is some flexibility with the friends and family certs, I might be inclined to book while on the cruise, but if not, I'd just as soon buy the $100 certificates.

I am still 99% sure they work like the RCL next cruise certs. The fact that it states your friends and family can take advantage of the SAME onboard credit to me implies exactly what it says, has to be the same cruise to get the same onboard credit? I think reading that they certs for friends and family can be used on a completely different cruise and that will be the same onboard credit is wishfull thinking, but thats how I read it.

We got these certificates on the Conquest last year and found out the hard way you can't use them with the military rate. So if you get one and want to book past guest you can use it but since the military rate is cheaper we sent our certificate back and got a refund. We kept the DH's and are using it with his past guest rate for the Valor. They gave the OBC credit to the first two people booked in the cabin.

I booked a future cruise and was given 2 vouchers to give to "family or friends." The vouchers are good for 60 days after you sail, not when you return. They have to be used as NEW BOOKINGS on the same cruise that you are going on. I gave one to a person on roll call but was rejected because they were already booked. They sent the voucher back to me. My name, booking number, date of issue and the ship I received it is listed on the voucher. The new booking pasenger writes their name and booking number above my info and mails it to Carnival. The amounts of OBC varies on the number of days of the cruise.

I am getting a $100 OBC for booking a future cruise while I was on the Conquest. The 'Family and Friends' promotion is that they get the same $100 OBC for the 7 day cruise. It is Carnival's marketing ploy of getting your friends to book a cruise with you.

I booked a future cruise and was given 2 vouchers to give to "family or friends." The vouchers are good for 60 days after you sail, not when you return. They have to be used as NEW BOOKINGS on the same cruise that you are going on. I gave one to a person on roll call but was rejected because they were already booked. They sent the voucher back to me. My name, booking number, date of issue and the ship I received it is listed on the voucher. The new booking pasenger writes their name and booking number and mails it to Carnival. The amounts of OBC varies on the number of days of the cruise.

I am getting a $100 OBC for booking a future cruise while I was on the Conquest. The 'Family and Friends' promotion is that they get $100 OBC for the same 7 day cruise. It is Carnival's marketing ploy of getting your friends to book a cruise with you.

Thanks for clarifying that! Question: when you booked while on the cruise, did they charge the deposit to your S&S or were you given the option of using another credit card?

We haven't sailed on a ship where they allow future bookings but I could see how this would work for us, although we do 5 day so it wouldn't add up to much, an extra $100 over what we would get with welcome back credit if I am reading it right.

Next cruise we plan on booking 3 rooms, 2 kids in 2 rooms and us in the middle so we could use all 3 certificates.

We haven't sailed on a ship where they allow future bookings but I could see how this would work for us, although we do 5 day so it wouldn't add up to much, an extra $100 over what we would get with welcome back credit if I am reading it right.

Next cruise we plan on booking 3 rooms, 2 kids in 2 rooms and us in the middle so we could use all 3 certificates.

The $100 credit is only on 7 or 8 day sailings, if I remember correctly you only get a $50 credit for 5 day sailings.

We bought these also when we were on the Conquest. They do charge these to your sail and sign card, but, you can always go down to the pursors desk and give them another credit card and have them move money over to it. We did this when my husband purchased an expensive watch.

The $100 credit is only on 7 or 8 day sailings, if I remember correctly you only get a $50 credit for 5 day sailings.

Right I meant we'd get $50 just using the welcome back credit. By using these we'd get a total of $150 between all 3 rooms, so only $100 more then what we'd receive with the WBC.

It makes sense in my head LOL

That was the one thing that kept me from buying these on the last Splendor cruise. The fact that you'd have to choose between welcome back and the certs. Unless you know for a fact you're going to use them soon, the risk for $200 vs $100 for us ($2 staterooms = 2 welcome backs) wasn't enough of an incentive.

Thanks for clarifying that! Question: when you booked while on the cruise, did they charge the deposit to your S&S or were you given the option of using another credit card?

I do not remember an option being offered. I noticed that my S&S invoice did not list the future booking. My CC statement came in and it was on that statement. The future booking deposit was $300 each. No reduce deposit.

My 'future cruise/booking vouchers' that you can buy for $100 was also not listed in my final S&S statement. That also showed up in my CC statement. I even used the same CC for my original S&S deposit when I boarded the Conquest. Strange. Maybe they did not want to give me double points on my Carnival CC.

I spoke to the sale rep on the ship. He told me that only certain ships sold the future vouchers. The ships were all 7 days. They do not sell the vouchers on short cruises because no one buys them. The passengers are more interested in other things.

That was the one thing that kept me from buying these on the last Splendor cruise. The fact that you'd have to choose between welcome back and the certs. Unless you know for a fact you're going to use them soon, the risk for $200 vs $100 for us ($2 staterooms = 2 welcome backs) wasn't enough of an incentive.

the 'future sailing vouchers' are good for 5 years. If you do not use them, you can send them back and Carnival will refund your money. The bad part is that the vouchers are in your name. You can put one voucher in your name and the other in your spouse's name. Then book 2 rooms. At check in ...just switch the S&S cards with the kids...the future cruise desk told me this trick. Then each room will get $100 OBC for your 7 day cruise. If there is a will..there is a way

I spoke to the sale rep on the ship. He told me that only certain ships sold the future vouchers. The ships were all 7 days. They do not sell the vouchers on short cruises because no one buys them. The passengers are more interested in other things.

...... or maybe folks have figured out on 5 day cruises, there is no reason to buy the next cruise certs. The OBC on a 5 day cruise is $50, or you can book within 60 days of returning and get $50 welcome back. $50 total, one or the other, so why would someone buy a next cruise cert on a 5 day and fool with it?

.... has nothing to do with passengers more interested in other things.

I was all set to purchase a couple of these on my next cruise. Then I read the fine print and because I chose to travel solo, I would only get 1/2 the OBC credit. That is crap!:mad:

Sorry.....I am mad about that.

Right I meant we'd get $50 just using the welcome back credit. By using these we'd get a total of $150 between all 3 rooms, so only $100 more then what we'd receive with the WBC.

It makes sense in my head LOL

No, you wouldnt get any extra. You would get a total of $150 total for all 3 rooms either way. $50 per cabin in welcome back credit OR $50 for next cruise certs. Since they cant be combined, thats $50 either way.

How do you come up with $100 more?? on 3 cabins?

You should be able to get the same $150 off with welcome back credits, if the same people are cruising. ($50 each cabin). dont the kids get them?

...... or maybe folks have figured out on 5 day cruises, there is no reason to buy the next cruise certs. The OBC on a 5 day cruise is $50, or you can book within 60 days of returning and get $50 welcome back. $50 total, one or the other, so why would someone buy a next cruise cert on a 5 day and fool with it?

.... has nothing to do with passengers more interested in other things.

Who said a 5 day cruise passenger is going to sail every time on a short cruise and get $50. Maybe that passenger wants a longer cruise for more enjoyment. Then they could get $100 to $200, depending on how many days they want to cruise. Not everyone sails within 60 days to get a $50 Wecome Back Credit. I see alot of fellow passengers plan their vacations cruises once a year.

So if the program works to your advantage by you sailing a longer period and over 60 days later..then get the $100 Future Voucher..if it does not work out return it back to Carnival for a refund or dont buy one.

The Future Cruise Desk guy stated that they do not offer the program on short cruises because passengers don't seem to be interested. Who knows maybe in the future..icon7.gif

Who said a 5 day cruise passenger is going to sail every time on a short cruise and get $50. Maybe that passenger wants a longer cruise for more enjoyment. Then they could get $100 to $200, depending on how many days they want to cruise. Not everyone sails within 60 days to get a $50 Wecome Back Credit. I see alot of fellow passengers plan their vacations cruises once a year.

So if the program works to your advantage by you sailing a longer period and over 60 days later..then get the $100 Future Voucher..if it does not work out return it back to Carnival for a refund or dont buy one.

The Future Cruise Desk guy stated that they do not offer the program on short cruises because passengers don't seem to be interested. Who knows maybe in the future..icon7.gif

I dont think I said it either? I was disputing the fact that the reason the next cruise certs dont sell well on shorter cruises is because the cruisers have other things to do (quoting a Carnival employee?). For one thing they have never tried to sell them on shorter cruises so how could they know?

PS you dont have to sail within 60 days to get the welcome back credit, you just have to book another cruise within that time period. I got back from the Conquest a couple of weeks ago and today I booked Ecstasy for 2011, so I wouldnt be sailing within 60 days of when I get back?)

I came back with 3 next cruise certificates too, but no sense in using one on Ecstasy, 5 day cruise.

Does anyone know when the $100.00 deposit gets deducted from your balance?

DH and I bought two of these when we were on Splendor in April as we knew we would be planning a cruise for January 2010.

Booked today through our TA and had to make the full deposit. She said we are to mail the certs into Carnival.

Thanks,

Mel

Does anyone know when the $100.00 deposit gets deducted from your balance?

DH and I bought two of these when we were on Splendor in April as we knew we would be planning a cruise for January 2010.

Booked today through our TA and had to make the full deposit. She said we are to mail the certs into Carnival.

Thanks,

Mel

I had bought one certificate last sept and mailed it in on one leg of my upcoming B2B and it took a couple of weeks before it was deducted from my balance. Yes, you do have to make the full deposit, it does come off of what you owe at final payment unfortunately. I wish Carnival would make them like Princess or RCL where you can just call in the cert # and have it applied. Dumb that we have to mail them in. Carnival makes it a lot more trouble for no good reason other than to make you think twice about using a cert.

PS be sure to follow the directions for mailing. One person didnt mail them certified or whatever it is, just mailed them regular mail and they didnt apply them and she had to jump thru hoops. Carnival means it, mail them the way it says on the cert.

Archived