Where Next?/ Loyalty certificates

mistyinca

OK,

I found my order form from the Splendor, and I noticed something on it I never saw before. So here is the exact wording on it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FUTURE CARNIVAL VACATIONS

Where Next?

ONLY AVAILABLE DURING THIS CRUISE

Book now and receive up to $200 to spend any way

you like on your next Carnival vacation.

This offer is only available onboard this ship. When you purchase your future cruise onboard you will receive up to $200 onboard credit on your next Carnival vacation.

If you know when you want to cruise again, we will help you arrange your vacation today:

• You will receive the Onboard Credit promotion...PLUS...
  • You will receive two vouchers you can give to your Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit as you

Not sure when you can cruise again, but want to receive the great offer? You can! With only a $100.00 deposit toward your future cruise, we will issue you a certificate good for an on board credit worth up to $200.00* per stateroom.

Speak today to a Loyalty & Cruise Expert

(On the back)

Important information about your Future Carnival Vacations Offer.This offer is valid for up to $50 per stateroom on a 3-5 day cruise, up to $75 per stateroom on a 6 day cruise, up to $100 per stateroom on a 7-8 day cruise, and up to $200 per stateroom on a cruise 12 days or longer. Single occupancy bookings receive half of the onboard credit amount. Onboard credit value is based on length of sailing and will be assigned per stateroom when ship and sailing date is selected. Full deposits are due at the time of booking and vary by sailing. Friends and family vouchers not applicable with certificate purchases. Offer is only available when purchasing a cruise on board.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The information I asked the Loyalty & Cruise Expert when I was onboard was (a) if they could be combined with the Welcome back discount; they CANNOT; and (b) if they could be combined with Carnival $100 cruise certificates purchased with Citibank's "Thank you" credit card points; yes, they CAN.

OK, so my question is about the Friends and Family part. So if I go in, and I know what cruise I want to book (7 day), and I book it there, does this mean I get:

$100 on board credit per stateroom

and

I get 2 certificates to give friends and family for them to get $100 per stateroom credits too?

Has anyone done this, not purchasing the certificates, but actually booking on spot and getting the friends and family certificates? I want to know then if those same certificates can be used yourself on a future cruise, or if they would have to have the friends and family book the same sailing?

located on Promeade Deck (5) mid-ship for more details.

The only way you get the certificates for friends and family and yourself is if you actually purchase yours and book your next cruise on board. If I'm understanding you correctly you are under the impression that as long as you book your next cruise while on board you'd automatically get the $100 OBC without having to purchase a certificate? You are always free to book your next cruise while on board but there are absolutely no incentives in doing so unless you purchase one of the certificates.

I've purchased several in the past and have been told in order to get the friends and family certificates I'd have to book while on the cruise and they have to sail on the same cruise I'm booking. I wish they had given me the friends and family certs to use after I went home but in all 3 cruises that I've bought them on they didn't and wouldn't.

OK, I found my order form from the Splendor,....

you found your what, lol? where is this first advertised? on the booking confirmation? i haven't seen this on any of my sailings, though i have heard that in the past you used to be able to book a future cruise with a perk on some ships.

it's nice that they're bringing this back, but when do you first hear if it's offered on your sailing?

Who said a 5 day cruise passenger is going to sail every time on a short cruise and get $50. Maybe that passenger wants a longer cruise for more enjoyment. Then they could get $100 to $200, depending on how many days they want to cruise. Not everyone sails within 60 days to get a $50 Wecome Back Credit. I see alot of fellow passengers plan their vacations cruises once a year.

So if the program works to your advantage by you sailing a longer period and over 60 days later..then get the $100 Future Voucher..if it does not work out return it back to Carnival for a refund or dont buy one.

The Future Cruise Desk guy stated that they do not offer the program on short cruises because passengers don't seem to be interested. Who knows maybe in the future..icon7.gif

you only need to book within 60 days of your return, not sail.

who said you could "return" the voucher for a refund?

where is this first advertised? on the booking confirmation? i haven't seen this on any of my sailings, though i have heard that in the past you used to be able to book a future cruise with a perk on some ships.

it's nice that they're bringing this back, but when do you first hear if it's offered on your sailing?

who said you could "return" the voucher for a refund?

Its only offered on Conquest class ships and newer to my knowledge. There will be a next cruise desk on your ship if its offered.

The next cruise rep is the one who said they can be returned or cancelled if you decide you dont want to use it within the 5 years allowed. (I just cancelled one on Princess, only good for 3 years, because I am so fully booked, couldnt get in another cruise within the 3 years which is up next Jan).

If I'm understanding you correctly you are under the impression that as long as you book your next cruise while on board you'd automatically get the $100 OBC without having to purchase a certificate?

Nope. Not the impression I am under. My question was in regards to the flexibility of the friends and family certs. But thanks anyway.

you found your what, lol? where is this first advertised?

These order form sheets were delivered in the daily set of papers in our stateroom on several days on the Splendor. They also invited us to a special presentation where they explained the program, and they served free wine and champagne in there! :)

If you call Carnival and ask them what ships they are offering that on they will tell you. I called and asked because I wanted to wait to book my next cruise on my last cruise but they didn't offer it on the Fascination. They did on the Valor though....so I'm thinking it's only offered on the bigger somewhat newer ships if that makes any sense.

I'm glad to hear that Carnival is offering a program like this. Now I need to book a short cruise where it is available, so I can arrange my Hawaiian cruise on board...always looking for an excuse!

Probably not available on a short cruise (see some of the above posts).

My guess is that Carnival is assuming since people are rarely buying them FOR short cruises, that they assume there is no reason to offer the certs on short cruises to buy for other cruises.

Probably not available on a short cruise (see some of the above posts).

My guess is that Carnival is assuming since people are rarely buying them FOR short cruises, that they assume there is no reason to offer the certs on short cruises to buy for other cruises.

I'm just hoping that, if they are just rolling it out now, it will be expanded to all ships. We really do want to book Hawaii, but air needs to be available before I'll commit to the ES non-refundable deposit. I may sneak in another cruise before that....

These order form sheets were delivered in the daily set of papers in our stateroom on several days on the Splendor. They also invited us to a special presentation where they explained the program, and they served free wine and champagne in there! :)

You had a better deal at your presentation..free wine and champagne...Mine, they had a raffle and I missed it by one number. I was one number short for a spa treatment. Of course I would have given it to my wife.

I missed printed that the Past Guest Rate is corrected that 'booking within 60 days.' Not sailing within 60 days. I stand corrected. I happen to book and sail on another cruise within 60 days and I got confused.

The Future Cruise Desk guy said that you can return it for a refund. A different thread where a person who used a military rate could not use his Future Cruise Voucher because of his low rate. He returned his voucher and got a refund. I think that Carnival should honor the OBC on the voucher on his military rate.

Archived