Cpap

shepherds56

it is medically neccessary so yes you can still have a carry on........i travel with mine all the time....

Correct. Please remember to bring a long extension cord as outlets are limited in the cabins.

Leaving next week on 7 day out of Long Beach, first timers!! Is my CPAP machine considered a carry on or can I have a carry on and still have my machine with me ?..any first timer advise GREATLY appreciated.

Hi,

I would suggest you carry on your cpap. My son has one and would hate to have it broken because of rought treatment. Just my opinion though.

My wife (or I) carry her machine, and I put an extension cord in my checked luggage!:) Would hate to have to visit the Purser's Desk the morning of debarkation to get my $25.00 deposit back, if I got one onboard..:rolleyes::p ps: Make sure its a long one.. 6 ft. won't work!!

Leaving next week on 7 day out of Long Beach, first timers!! Is my CPAP machine considered a carry on or can I have a carry on and still have my machine with me ?..any first timer advise GREATLY appreciated.

A cap machine is not considered a carry on. Last week when I got on the Paradise I checked 2 bags an walked on the ship with 2 carry ons and my cpa.

On a flight a cpap is not considered a carry on, you can still take your carry on and your cpap.

On the Paradise I forgot to take a extension cord but the plug was in a place that I did not need one. But it be wise to still bring one.

on the Elation, the outlet is right next to the bed, no need for a cord there...but yes as stated above bring one just to be safe. And I packed mine in my checked luggage (i've got a smaller one), worked just fine :-)

I'm taking mine on the Splendor on the 7th down in LA. Another small bit of advice is to carry it on, and prior to packing it, get some bubble wrap at Wal-Mart and wrap it up. I usually put t-shirts, underwear and other clothing around it in my backpack as extra cushioning.

Actually, you can apply the bubble wrap advice to anything fragile you're traveling with (or will buy on your cruise).

Best of luck to you guys!

carry on your cpap. it is like a laptop, it is a second carry-on.

i usually have 2 carry-on's. One meds/medical equipment/cameras, 1 laptop, and one other bag. I put my medical/meds/cameras in a rolling suitcase. my laptop in it's own little bag. My DD also has a carry-on bag.

We're going on the Splendor on the 31st, alternative route will be Astoria/Victoria and Vancouver. It's our first cruise and quite nervous about what to bring, size of bags, cpap and all.

I really don't think you'll have any problems (I'm on the next cruise after yours on Splendor, so give us a review!). We're not the only people with our particular medical issue, so you're not alone.

I've gotten EXCELLENT advice here on these boards over the years on various issues regarding cruises and impart anything that I think I can lend some help with. Since this is my first cruise since becoming a member of the CPAP club (ha), I especially appreciated the advice about taking an extension cord (I didn't even think about it, thanks, guys).

Archived