Cruising to Healthy

brooklynfc

It will get easier everyday the first day being the hardest. Way to go on pushing yourself that extra 10 when you were struggling.Keepit up:)

Thank you. I really want to get back down to where I was before I left for the cruise. So many factors seem to be working against me, but it doesn't mean that I have to give in. I need to push back.

It is hard getting back into the swing of things after coming off a cruise...and then you had Thanksgiving to contend with also. I am back full force with the low carb diet, but did not work out last night...was just too tired due to being up until 1 am on Sun. night waiting on my kids' plane and then going to work at 7:30 am! Tonight I will definitely hop on the bike!!

Did you use the gym on the Liberty? I loved their high tech machines (maybe gyms have the same ones...I don't know). It was so cool to plug my ipod in and have the play list come up on the machine!! I'd love to buy a treadmill for the home!

Are you writing a review, Brooke? I would love to, but it's just getting the time. I have not even taken the camera out of my cruise bag to look at the photos yet. Maybe over Christmas break...

My DH is now doing the low carb thing with me. The dr. wants him to lose weight, so he is eating the same as I do now. But, Sat. is his birthday, so I am making him a red velvet cake (you only turn 50 once!) and taking him out to dinner, but after that, it will be back full force with the diet for him. I can eat out and stick to the diet very well, so it will be interesting to see if he opts for a green veggie with his steak rather than a potato and skips the bread! Baby steps!:)

I wish I could kick carbs like you, but its just not in the stars for me right now. But whose to say it won't be down the road.

I want to do a review, but you know I really didn't take great pictures of the ship b/c I've been on her before. I have to find my cruise review mojo and then I can post a review. Plus work will be crazy for the next few weeks b/c the college will close down for almost two weeks for Christmas. This means I have to get all my projects that are end of the calendar year done in less time than normal people. Plus they just asked me to help our PR dept. with social media stuff since their Director is resigning.

It will be hard to wait for this next cruise. But since I'm not really planning on booking it officially until January, it want be in more time than the last one really. I just have to look at it as more time to lose more weight!

Well, I did my water zumba yesterday. Is the fact that I'm starving after water zumba a good thing? I mean I was eating my lunch before I went and I still came out starving. I'm not mistaking it either, like growling hungry. So, I decided to eat a protein and fruit snack before yesterday and I was still famished after I was done. Good thing I had my lunch to eat.

The good thing is that I did go to the gym after work too and got in another 30 mins. So that was 1.5 hours of workout yesterday. Only makes up for Monday where I had to go watch my nephews and only got it 30. It might be another late workout tonight. I have a "farewell" dinner for a co-worker tonight after work, but since I will still be near our gym then I should still be able to go over after that. I hope I don't have to stay to long, not that I don't like the guy, just don't want to be home too late.

The cold is just hanging on a bit. Still a bit stuffy, coughfy, tired in the morning. It doesn't help that my back has been hurting too. My ear feel kind full, but not painful. I'm just going to keep taking the meds until I feel like its gone.

Good choices.

I wish I could kick carbs like you, but its just not in the stars for me right now. But whose to say it won't be down the road.

I can say I truly feel better when I don't eat carbs. I did have chocolate melting cake on the ship twice (with 2 scoops of ice cream each time...I feel you need the vanilla ice cream to offset the rick chocolate, lol:)). After the second night of chocolate melting cake, I told my DH not to let me order that again...I was just miserable. Yes, it tasted good, but the bloated, too full feeling I got afterwards was not worth the bite of sweetness. After that, I tried the diet apple pie one night and it was ok, nothing special. I did eat some crust of the pie, but it wasn't great. I also tried the cappuccino after dinner and it was served with a type of cookie which was good when dipped in the coffee, so I splurged a bit, but now that the cruise is over, I really want to reach my goal of losing 40 more lbs before May. BTW, I did notice that the for-fee cappuccino in the MDR did taste better than it used to when it was free (and maybe the cookie is to make people not mind paying for it?). But the cappuccino that was free in the steakhouse (well...it was included in the $35 fee) tasted just like the old MDR cappuccino used to, so I don't think they've upgraded the machines/brand of coffee in the steakhouse.

I want to do a review, but you know I really didn't take great pictures of the ship b/c I've been on her before. I have to find my cruise review mojo and then I can post a review. Plus work will be crazy for the next few weeks b/c the college will close down for almost two weeks for Christmas. This means I have to get all my projects that are end of the calendar year done in less time than normal people. Plus they just asked me to help our PR dept. with social media stuff since their Director is resigning.

If you don't write a full review, could you just comment on the cave tubing and whether you would recommend it? I don't think it's my or DH's thing, but I'm thinking if we go to Belize with the kids, that they might like it. Specifically, I'm wondering how the jungle hike was and if the company did, in fact, carry your tubes for you. Were you totally exhausted afterwards? And, was it gross to be linked up by strange people's feet (that one kind of puts me off)? And, were their any worries about not making it back to the ship on time?

It will be hard to wait for this next cruise. But since I'm not really planning on booking it officially until January, it want be in more time than the last one really. I just have to look at it as more time to lose more weight!

Yes, look at the wait as time to focus on your goals. It's kind of sad how we wait so long for these cruises, build up all this anticipation and then it's over in a week!! I do miss being served dinner every night and not having to cook, plan meals, and grocery shop!! And, of course, laying on the hammock on the serenity deck with nothing to do except read a good magazine, which I never have time to do at home!

I can say I truly feel better when I don't eat carbs. I did have chocolate melting cake on the ship twice (with 2 scoops of ice cream each time...I feel you need the vanilla ice cream to offset the rick chocolate, lol:)). After the second night of chocolate melting cake, I told my DH not to let me order that again...I was just miserable. Yes, it tasted good, but the bloated, too full feeling I got afterwards was not worth the bite of sweetness. After that, I tried the diet apple pie one night and it was ok, nothing special. I did eat some crust of the pie, but it wasn't great. I also tried the cappuccino after dinner and it was served with a type of cookie which was good when dipped in the coffee, so I splurged a bit, but now that the cruise is over, I really want to reach my goal of losing 40 more lbs before May. BTW, I did notice that the for-fee cappuccino in the MDR did taste better than it used to when it was free (and maybe the cookie is to make people not mind paying for it?). But the cappuccino that was free in the steakhouse (well...it was included in the $35 fee) tasted just like the old MDR cappuccino used to, so I don't think they've upgraded the machines/brand of coffee in the steakhouse.

If you don't write a full review, could you just comment on the cave tubing and whether you would recommend it? I don't think it's my or DH's thing, but I'm thinking if we go to Belize with the kids, that they might like it. Specifically, I'm wondering how the jungle hike was and if the company did, in fact, carry your tubes for you. Were you totally exhausted afterwards? And, was it gross to be linked up by strange people's feet (that one kind of puts me off)? And, were their any worries about not making it back to the ship on time?

Yes, look at the wait as time to focus on your goals. It's kind of sad how we wait so long for these cruises, build up all this anticipation and then it's over in a week!! I do miss being served dinner every night and not having to cook, plan meals, and grocery shop!! And, of course, laying on the hammock on the serenity deck with nothing to do except read a good magazine, which I never have time to do at home!

I wish I could comment on the cave tubing. But we didnt' make it to shore in Belize. The tendering was a bit of a mess and it just got to be too late. My friends were just too nervous to give it a go. But a few of our group went and said it was fun.

I have no energy. I just can't figure it out. I don't know what it going on. I did do my water zumba yesterday and felt a bit better, but then the gym was closed for a concert held there last night, so I didn't get in an extra workout like I wanted. This morning I had a coughing fit and my ear fills a little full. But most of all I'm just TIRED. I could close my eyes right now and fall right to sleep. I took my vitamins, I'm having a non fat skinny gingerbread latte for caff. and nothing is working. What kind of mutant cold did I get!:eek:

I was planning on workout out this afternoon. I hope my energy sparks this afternoon so I can do that. My weight is just holding around 316. Mother nature is probably to blame for at least 2-3lbs of that though as she will be here soon. I'm hoping the exercise kicks in this weekend on the scale. I've been doing about 70% on food. I know I need to be at 100% and I will be once I get back into the groove of things.

I feel like I need to put an alarm on my phone that goes off every hour to remind me of my goal. I don't know why I keep seeing or thinking 250 when I think goal, but that is the number stuck in my head so I'm just going to go with that number as my long term goal for now. I just need to alarm to go off every hour and say YOUR GOAL IS 250! Then maybe it will catch me in the middle of a snack or bad choice and I will have to stop and think. Its like my mind purposely forgets, so that it can allow my body to get what it thinks it wants. Its crazy. I have moments of real clarity and motivation, but I don't need those to be moments, I need them to be full time. If I could just keep my focus in front of me all day long I might be able to do better. Does that make sense. The mind is so powerful. It really frustrates me that I allow my mind to un focus whether its conscious or not.

I feel like I need a full length mirror in front of me all day just so I can remember....well that's not true. That wouldn't upset me. To be honest, I have a secret crush on my body. I know culture says I should be disgusted by my body, but I'm honestly not. I mean all women could nit pick at things they don't like skinny or fat and I'm not different. Its other stuff that I don't have to do everyday that would motivate me. Like fitting in an airplane seat without a seat belt extender. Its not having a doctor walk into the room an assume everything wrong with me has to do with my weight!

I really should put an alarm on my phone................

Good Choices.

Pcrum, I've done cave tubing in Belize twice, using cave-tubing.com each time. I highly recommend them. $45 gets you two caves and lunch after the excursion. You do have to carry your own tubes. The first time I did this excursion, I was with my friend. We're both in very good shape and were hoping to use the hike as our workout for the day. No such luck. It is a slow, leisurely walk. That said, the second time, my mom, who was 64 and about 20 lbs overweight, struggled a bit. I carried her tube. The terrain is flat. The guides will carry tubes if you need help, but they obviously can't carry everyone's tubes. I didn't find it all that weird to have someone's feet in my armpit lol. A little awkward at first, but closed toe shoes are required, so you aren't looking at someone's bare foot.

I have no energy. I just can't figure it out. I don't know what it going on. I did do my water zumba yesterday and felt a bit better, but then the gym was closed for a concert held there last night, so I didn't get in an extra workout like I wanted. This morning I had a coughing fit and my ear fills a little full. But most of all I'm just TIRED. I could close my eyes right now and fall right to sleep. I took my vitamins, I'm having a non fat skinny gingerbread latte for caff. and nothing is working. What kind of mutant cold did I get!:eek:

I was planning on workout out this afternoon. I hope my energy sparks this afternoon so I can do that. My weight is just holding around 316. Mother nature is probably to blame for at least 2-3lbs of that though as she will be here soon. I'm hoping the exercise kicks in this weekend on the scale. I've been doing about 70% on food. I know I need to be at 100% and I will be once I get back into the groove of things.

I feel like I need to put an alarm on my phone that goes off every hour to remind me of my goal. I don't know why I keep seeing or thinking 250 when I think goal, but that is the number stuck in my head so I'm just going to go with that number as my long term goal for now. I just need to alarm to go off every hour and say YOUR GOAL IS 250! Then maybe it will catch me in the middle of a snack or bad choice and I will have to stop and think. Its like my mind purposely forgets, so that it can allow my body to get what it thinks it wants. Its crazy. I have moments of real clarity and motivation, but I don't need those to be moments, I need them to be full time. If I could just keep my focus in front of me all day long I might be able to do better. Does that make sense. The mind is so powerful. It really frustrates me that I allow my mind to un focus whether its conscious or not.

I feel like I need a full length mirror in front of me all day just so I can remember....well that's not true. That wouldn't upset me. To be honest, I have a secret crush on my body. I know culture says I should be disgusted by my body, but I'm honestly not. I mean all women could nit pick at things they don't like skinny or fat and I'm not different. Its other stuff that I don't have to do everyday that would motivate me. Like fitting in an airplane seat without a seat belt extender. Its not having a doctor walk into the room an assume everything wrong with me has to do with my weight!

I really should put an alarm on my phone................

Good Choices.

Maybe it' post cruise, post holiday doldrums. I know I have been feeling exhausted this week too. I took an aleve D yesterday because I felt so bad at work. It has something like caffeine in it, because it perked me right up!!

Just try to focus on your long term goals...when tempted you can say, "is a bite of ______" worth not losing weight? It is a hard battle, but so worth it. We like to go to our local performing arts center to see the Broadway shows on tour and at my heaviest, the seats just were not comfortable...I felt like I was overlapping on the person next to me. It is so nice now to sit and comfortably watch a show without feeling like I'm spilling out over the seat!! It's just little things like that that make it all worth it!!

Pcrum, I've done cave tubing in Belize twice, using cave-tubing.com each time. I highly recommend them. $45 gets you two caves and lunch after the excursion. You do have to carry your own tubes. The first time I did this excursion, I was with my friend. We're both in very good shape and were hoping to use the hike as our workout for the day. No such luck. It is a slow, leisurely walk. That said, the second time, my mom, who was 64 and about 20 lbs overweight, struggled a bit. I carried her tube. The terrain is flat. The guides will carry tubes if you need help, but they obviously can't carry everyone's tubes. I didn't find it all that weird to have someone's feet in my armpit lol. A little awkward at first, but closed toe shoes are required, so you aren't looking at someone's bare foot.

Thanks for the input. I've heard the scenery in Belize is gorgeous, but we struggle to find a tour that suits us. Maybe this is the one... So far, we've been there twice and never left the ship!!

Hi all

How is everyone doing getting thur the holiday eating?

I have been doing just ok. Not gaining but not loseing either. Just found out my DH booked us a a quick little 5 day getaway the 5th of Jan.

So I need & want to kick back in to gear. I would love to be down other 10lbs by then. So I'm thinking I will go back on induction till then with 2 cheat days When I say cheat I mean drinking bubbles:).This is going to be a little harder than normal. I have the kids coming in the 16 thu 25th and they are veggies. Cooking will be tons of fun at my house..LOL

Ok off to hit the treadmill. then going to start putting up xmas stuff.

Happy Sunday!

Hi all

How is everyone doing getting thur the holiday eating?

I have been doing just ok. Not gaining but not loseing either. Just found out my DH booked us a a quick little 5 day getaway the 5th of Jan.

So I need & want to kick back in to gear. I would love to be down other 10lbs by then. So I'm thinking I will go back on induction till then with 2 cheat days When I say cheat I mean drinking bubbles:).This is going to be a little harder than normal. I have the kids coming in the 16 thu 25th and they are veggies. Cooking will be tons of fun at my house..LOL

Ok off to hit the treadmill. then going to start putting up xmas stuff.

Happy Sunday!

Enjoy your getaway. The Christmas season is hard on dieters (for me it's the bubbly too!), but we have to stay strong!:)

My DH has been doing great on Atkins. He weighed the Fri. before we left for the cruise, came home from the cruise and did a week of Atkins and weighed again and had lost 4 lbs. Not too shabby, considering he probably gained a few lbs. on the cruise that we never saw on the scale. He doesn't even do Atkins full force, as he has a glass of red wine at night. So, all things considering, I'm very proud of him. But this is the man who quit smoking after a 30 year habit (part of the reason for his weight gain), so I know when he puts his mind to something, he can do it.

I have this in the oven now: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/george-stella/low-carb-beefed-up-meat-loaf-recipe/index.html It's a low carb meatloaf and has a few different spices from my usual low carb meatloaf recipe. A friend recommended the recipe, so I'll let you know how it is.

I've been on the diet full force since the cruise...haven't weighed, but I am determined to lose 40 lbs by May. I looked at the cruise photos (finally downloaded them today) and I was not happy with my flabby arms and legs. I work with the hand weights almost every night, so am not sure what else to do for the arm flab!!

Tree went up today---it's not decorated, but at least it's up and we'll decorate a little bit each night next week. We always have an artificial tree, but bought a new one this year---it's taller than the previous one, but is skinnier. So, it's 9 feet tall, but skinny, which I like because it takes up less space. Decorating the higher branches will be a challenge though!

Well, the meatloaf recipe wasn't the best. I should have known when it said to add 1/4 cup of splenda to the sauce....that makes the sauce really sweet!! My DH liked it, but the kids and I thought it was too sweet. I prefer my own meat loaf recipe:

2/3 ground beef and 1/3 ground pork (2 lbs. total meat)

1 pkg. Lipton garlic and herb recipe mix

1 large can Hunts tomato sauce

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese + extra to sprinkle on top of loaf

1 egg

Combine the meat, garlic and herb mix, egg and 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce and 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese. Make into a loaf shape and put into a baking pan. Top with remaining tomato sauce and add additional grated parmesan cheese on top. Bake 1 hour at 350.

Well, I'm just having a hard time. I saw 314 on the scale this weekend, which I think was the result of my workouts this past week, but today I'm right back up to 317. I just going to blame it on Mother Nature and not pay attention to it for now.

My back is also aching and sore. I went to the chiro last week and sometimes he makes it more sore, but this is getting silly. Even Ibprofen. isn't touching it. I'm hoping its mother nature too and just going to work through it.

WW has added some new features to their program. They have added a tip area for how to cope with various places (home, work, store, restr. etc.) with better skills. And they have added a "routine" area. They ask you to pick three routines that produce better habits and try to complete them everyday for a week, then choose more healthy routines. I don't know if the tip area will really be helpful to me. I mean the home one isn't helpful b/c I can't really control my home environment, its not mine and most of the tips deal with controlling stuff. The other tips for work are common sense really. But the routine area seems like a good way to try and put better habits into place.

My choices were:

Eat BK every day: I chose this b/c I already do. Sometimes choosing something you are already successful at helps boost you.

Eat a veggie or fruit with every snack and/or meal: We all know I could use help with this.

Move for five mins every hour: and I know this is good for me b/c how much I sit during a day.

So, I'm going to try and complete these everyday for a week. Starting at 10am with a 5 min. movement of some kind, which I think will be shutting my door for some stretching to help my back.

The gym for a workout today should also help things too.

good choices.

Thanks the meatloaf sounds good. I think I will try it with a tom puree

I have found that the diced tom have less carbs and sugar in them.

I just puree them and cook them down. Instead of the sauce.

I found a low carb pasta that I make once in awhile with a super spicy sauce.

Thanks again for the recipe:)

Leigh

Hiya..at the risk of sounding totally ignorant..why can't you control the home environment? I know from your posts there's a lot of cigarette smoke and stuff, but I guess I'm not quite understanding? I guess if your totally dependent on what your mom cooks then that makes sense, but many times you've posted about your own food you've bought. Just trying to wrap my brain around it..:)

Also, what does your doctor say about inflammation? It would be inconceivable to me that you don't have any and many times that can account for a LOT of water weight...like as much as 20 lbs.

Well, I'm just having a hard time. I saw 314 on the scale this weekend, which I think was the result of my workouts this past week, but today I'm right back up to 317. I just going to blame it on Mother Nature and not pay attention to it for now.

My back is also aching and sore. I went to the chiro last week and sometimes he makes it more sore, but this is getting silly. Even Ibprofen. isn't touching it. I'm hoping its mother nature too and just going to work through it.

WW has added some new features to their program. They have added a tip area for how to cope with various places (home, work, store, restr. etc.) with better skills. And they have added a "routine" area. They ask you to pick three routines that produce better habits and try to complete them everyday for a week, then choose more healthy routines. I don't know if the tip area will really be helpful to me. I mean the home one isn't helpful b/c I can't really control my home environment, its not mine and most of the tips deal with controlling stuff. The other tips for work are common sense really. But the routine area seems like a good way to try and put better habits into place.

My choices were:

Eat BK every day: I chose this b/c I already do. Sometimes choosing something you are already successful at helps boost you.

Eat a veggie or fruit with every snack and/or meal: We all know I could use help with this.

Move for five mins every hour: and I know this is good for me b/c how much I sit during a day.

So, I'm going to try and complete these everyday for a week. Starting at 10am with a 5 min. movement of some kind, which I think will be shutting my door for some stretching to help my back.

The gym for a workout today should also help things too.

good choices.

Edited by Gathina

Hiya..at the risk of sounding totally ignorant..why can't you control the home environment? I know from your posts there's a lot of cigarette smoke and stuff, but I guess I'm not quite understanding? I guess if your totally dependent on what your mom cooks then that makes sense, but many times you've posted about your own food you've bought. Just trying to wrap my brain around it..:)

Also, what does your doctor say about inflammation? It would be inconceivable to me that you don't have any and many times that can account for a LOT of water weight...like as much as 20 lbs.

I can control certain things. But the tips they give are things that I can ask to be done, but ultimately since it isn't my house I can't just do it.

Tips like:

Clean off kitchen counters of food so you don't see it when you walk in and automatically think of food right away.

Clean out junkie foods from your pantry and fridge.

Don't put food in your living room (chips, candies etc.)

Those things I can't really control and those are most of the tips. But I often cook for myself when I don't want or need what was cooked by my family.

The last time I complained about my back to my doctor he put me on pain meds. But next time I go in, I'll ask about inflammation causing weight holding.

Here is a basic article about inflammation that's easy and quick to read. But there is a lot of info. out there about how things like even chronic sinus problems can cause inflammation. I will say that a LOT of doctors don't know much about it and won't pursue that avenue with you or they know little and don't want to admit they know little. This article talks more about the relationship to weight gain but the origins of inflammation have to do with even simple pulled muscles, etc.

http://www.examiner.com/article/inflammation-a-cause-and-a-symptom-of-weight-gain

I was in so much pain yesterday I decided to call my chiropractor and when I went to reach for the fun I felt a pop, crack and pinch in my lower back. He was able to fit me in that afternoon and it seems that I have a variable of issues going on. But the main cause of the pain is that he is about 90% sure I have a pinched nerve again. I don't know if some of you were around when I first started this blog and had a pinched nerve for about 8 months, but it was one of the worst things I've experienced in my life so far. I hope it doesn't go for 8 months again. It really puts a damper in my physical activity. Though I found some old pain pills from the last time (the good stuff) and I took one last night and it helped me get through 20 mins on the bike. It does suck that my job is sitting and that is probably the worst thing for my back b/c of the compression.

The Chiropractor also pushed on a few places and said I needed to take some probiotics b/c my intestines were inflammed, then of course mother nature brings inflammation. So maybe after some probiotics and a week for mother nature to disappear I will get some of the inflam. off my spine and the nerve can release soon. Then maybe some weight will come off too. I still plan on doing my exercises this week I just might have to modify them to keep from injuring myself too much. Of course if this goes 8 months again, I will just have to suck it up.

I did pretty good with my routines yesterday. I did try and walk every hour for 5 mins. But of course once I had to go the chiro it kinda threw that off. But for most of the day I did it. I didn't really accomplish the fruit/veggie one though. I will try again today. Though I have a two hour training session today that will hinder things a bit. I will do my best.

Good Choices.

Thanks for this I have sinus issues, may clear some things up for me.:)

Here is a basic article about inflammation that's easy and quick to read. But there is a lot of info. out there about how things like even chronic sinus problems can cause inflammation. I will say that a LOT of doctors don't know much about it and won't pursue that avenue with you or they know little and don't want to admit they know little. This article talks more about the relationship to weight gain but the origins of inflammation have to do with even simple pulled muscles, etc.

http://www.examiner.com/article/inflammation-a-cause-and-a-symptom-of-weight-gain

Thanks the meatloaf sounds good. I think I will try it with a tom puree

I have found that the diced tom have less carbs and sugar in them.

I just puree them and cook them down. Instead of the sauce.

I found a low carb pasta that I make once in awhile with a super spicy sauce.

Thanks again for the recipe:)

Leigh

What a good idea to puree the diced tomatoes and make a sauce...I'm going to try that. What do you add to the sauce to make it spicy. I love spicy foods!!

I'm thinking a can of the Rotel hot diced tomatoes pureed over low carb meatballs sounds pretty good!

Brooke, hope you are feeling better. A pinched nerve sounds very painful!

I have been so exhausted this week...work has been busy and then trying to run errands after work, etc. Have not worked out yet this week and feel guilty, but am sooo tired when I get home. I have to get moving!!

Okay, so with the help of pain meds I did really good yesterday. I took my probiotics like the chiropractor suggested and I have noticed a difference in how I feel and inflammation in my stomach area. Though, my weight is going up instead of down. I'm hoping its still mother nature causing havoc.

The good news is that I did do my auqa zumba and it felt good b/c the water really helped pull the pressure off my spine even with the movement. I was really sore after though. But I sucked it up and went to the gym anyway. I needed to make up for Monday's lack of exercise. I went in with the mind set to do 30 mins on the recumbent bike and I did that at a great pace with little pain. So when I was done, I decided to try the elliptical. Now, at this point the pain meds had worn off about an hour before (I don't like to drive with them active in my system, so I let it wear off). I put in 30 on the timer at level one and kept my speed at about 3.0 to min. impact on my spine. I was sore and inflammed by the time I was done, but I made it through.

I'm aching just a little this morning, nothing like previous days, so I decided just to take ibprofin this morning. I do have some pain meds just in case it gets worse. But I'm a firm believer in trying to min. pain meds when needed. Though I have been taking tyenol pm at night to help the pain and help me sleep through it. I remember the worse thing about the pinched nerve before was the lack of good sleep. When you can't lay in any position and get relief then your sleep suffers. And we all know that sleep is how your body fixes itself. But I think I'm getting good sleep right now so I will just wing myself back off the pm pain meds and get back to natural sleep. I would hate to form some kind of addiction, though it says you can't.

Yesterday I completed by BK routine and I did have a veggie or fruit with snacks and meals. I did not complete the move for 5 mins. every hour though. I will try that today.

I really hope this weight gain is just a fluke from all the stuff going on right now and will subside soon.

Good Choices.

Hi

I have been useing hunts spicy red pepper and diced tom. To kick it up I use dried red pepper flakes with corse ground pepper. We like hot. Other one of my favs is spicy garlic sauce. I put about a teaspoon on a fish filet and bake. yummm. Also will sautee shrimp with a couple of teaspoons of the chili sauce and a little olive oil

Hi

I have been useing hunts spicy red pepper and diced tom. To kick it up I use dried red pepper flakes with corse ground pepper. We like hot. Other one of my favs is spicy garlic sauce. I put about a teaspoon on a fish filet and bake. yummm. Also will sautee shrimp with a couple of teaspoons of the chili sauce and a little olive oil

Sounds really good. I will try that. For the spicy garlic sauce, do you just add garlic?? I love garlic and make shrimp scampi a lot. I also like really spicy foods. In England, we could get a fish curry that wasn't a lot of carbs that was really good. It seems in the USA, all the curries have so much more carbs!

Good for you for working out, Brooke. I skipped Mon and Tues so have to do it tonight!! Glad you are feeling better.

Edited by pcrum
grammar

I don't even want to talk about the scale right now. I want to scream, "WHAT THE $^*@!"

But in reality I know what the *****.

I've half-***** the last few weeks and I've paid the price for it. I can't blame mother nature or my back or the cold, well I can, but only to an extent. About 85% of its my BAD choices. So, I should get mad, angry, or sad and depressed.

Thought about doing all of that when I stepped on the scale and saw a number I haven't seen for almost 8 months now. Probably went through all those emotions in a matter of an hour. But I knew the only thing I could end with was resolve. Resolve to FOCUS! Focus on me and what I'm putting in my body. I let myself slack, slip back into letting things slip and what happened? Exactly what I didn't want to happen. I have now put on more weight than what I gained on the cruise!

It is NOT the season for gaining weight for me. I was planning on maintaining through the holidays and now I'm ballooning like crazy. Now, I have been reading some articles about "healthy at any size" and how diets are crap and have fail rates for most people and that your body decides your size,etc. While I agree with some concepts, I don't believe my body wants to be this weight or anywhere near it. I'm not happy personally at this weight. I KNOW where I want to be and I KNOW I can get there if I actually wanted to really try.

Let's face it people. I've been half *****ing it since I started this thread. You know, I know it, the lurkers know it. What is the key to kicking myself into gear though? I'm not sure I know. I'm not sure I know what is going to change my thinking to really put forth the effort to follow the guidelines and lose weight. I can't answer that question. I know right now I'm mad at myself and frustrated at what I have done and that is motivating me at the moment. Is that enough? Cruises don't seem to do it. My nephews don't seem to do it. Being single doesn't seem to do it. My family def. doesn't. I mean the 352 weight inspired me. I felt miserable and icky at that weight. I don't feel that way now, I just know that I don't want to be here. Strange.

I sure wish I could figure it out.

But until then. I know that when I feel like this the best thing to do is clear the slate. Forgive myself and forget about the past and focus on the present and future. I cleared my WW and restarted at the new weight on a new weigh day and have pre-tracked my food for today. Even the food I will be eating out tonight for a friend's bday (looked up the restr. menu and chose the best thing I could). I went to the store this morning and spent money I don't really need to on some food choices. Time to get back to basics of WW. Sugar free pudding for my sweet cravings and light babybell cheese for that salty snack. Fresh fruit and easy steamable veggies. Though I did pick up a pre-made salad and wrap from the deli for lunches for the next two days. I know the ingredients and can log them easier. At least they aren't processed, they were hand made in the deli. I thought very hard about just going back to eating WW frozen foods to make life easy, but I know that isn't what I want to eat or need to eat (maybe on occasion).

So here I go again. I feel like Pete and Repeat, deju vu, Groundhog Day............but I guess I can say I haven't given up.

Good Choices.

I don't even want to talk about the scale right now. I want to scream, "WHAT THE $^*@!"

But in reality I know what the *****.

I've half-***** the last few weeks and I've paid the price for it. I can't blame mother nature or my back or the cold, well I can, but only to an extent. About 85% of its my BAD choices. So, I should get mad, angry, or sad and depressed.

Thought about doing all of that when I stepped on the scale and saw a number I haven't seen for almost 8 months now. Probably went through all those emotions in a matter of an hour. But I knew the only thing I could end with was resolve. Resolve to FOCUS! Focus on me and what I'm putting in my body. I let myself slack, slip back into letting things slip and what happened? Exactly what I didn't want to happen. I have now put on more weight than what I gained on the cruise!

It is NOT the season for gaining weight for me. I was planning on maintaining through the holidays and now I'm ballooning like crazy. Now, I have been reading some articles about "healthy at any size" and how diets are crap and have fail rates for most people and that your body decides your size,etc. While I agree with some concepts, I don't believe my body wants to be this weight or anywhere near it. I'm not happy personally at this weight. I KNOW where I want to be and I KNOW I can get there if I actually wanted to really try.

Let's face it people. I've been half *****ing it since I started this thread. You know, I know it, the lurkers know it. What is the key to kicking myself into gear though? I'm not sure I know. I'm not sure I know what is going to change my thinking to really put forth the effort to follow the guidelines and lose weight. I can't answer that question. I know right now I'm mad at myself and frustrated at what I have done and that is motivating me at the moment. Is that enough? Cruises don't seem to do it. My nephews don't seem to do it. Being single doesn't seem to do it. My family def. doesn't. I mean the 352 weight inspired me. I felt miserable and icky at that weight. I don't feel that way now, I just know that I don't want to be here. Strange.

I sure wish I could figure it out.

But until then. I know that when I feel like this the best thing to do is clear the slate. Forgive myself and forget about the past and focus on the present and future. I cleared my WW and restarted at the new weight on a new weigh day and have pre-tracked my food for today. Even the food I will be eating out tonight for a friend's bday (looked up the restr. menu and chose the best thing I could). I went to the store this morning and spent money I don't really need to on some food choices. Time to get back to basics of WW. Sugar free pudding for my sweet cravings and light babybell cheese for that salty snack. Fresh fruit and easy steamable veggies. Though I did pick up a pre-made salad and wrap from the deli for lunches for the next two days. I know the ingredients and can log them easier. At least they aren't processed, they were hand made in the deli. I thought very hard about just going back to eating WW frozen foods to make life easy, but I know that isn't what I want to eat or need to eat (maybe on occasion).

So here I go again. I feel like Pete and Repeat, deju vu, Groundhog Day............but I guess I can say I haven't given up.

Good Choices.

Haven't replied to this thread in many months but kept as you say "lurking" you are being so hard on yourself, but maybe now is the time to seek professional medical help, where you are accountable for weekly weigh-ins, spend the money where it is most important....on yourself!! forget about putting away on homes, cruises, etc....you need to focus on "you" and getting to a healthy weight. Dieting is not easy for anyone, at least not anyone I know. You should seek a dietician who can figure what you need to eat each day to lose the weight and see this person every week. I think WW is a good plan to be on but maybe not enough for you at this point, just being honest.

What you posted today makes much sense, for the first time in a long time you were finally honest with yourself and everyone here and not making excuses. You are reaching out for help, pick up the phone and get it!!! it will be the best decision you will ever make, don't wait until the weight you are at affects your overall health. I have been reading your thread for a long time and still wish you success....you can do this!!!:)