Cruising to Healthy

brooklynfc

Maybe you guys can help. New husband and I want to take a cruise as we didn't take a honeymoon in October when we wed. I went on two NCL cruises in mid 2000 and then on Bahamas Celebration last year from west palm (locals, you must try this cruise, it's a great deal!)

We want a small ship, more adult oriented (though not REAL old adults) and the ports aren't so important to us. Not opposed to a four day cruise or a week, no preference. Not a die hard cruiser but enjoy them, husband has never been on one. We can sail out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami as both are a quick drive for us in less than 1.5 to either.

My very first cruise was the Norway in 2000..loved that charming old ship. I've heard HAL is more for the older crowd, anyone know anything about Princess or Celebrity?

DH and I are Carnival lovers and tried Princess (see my review in signature) a few years ago. It was ok...slightly older crowd, food not as great in our opinion, but did love the specialty restaurant Sabatinis. Do avoid HAL...we did a cruise last March on HAL for my mom's 80th birthday. She is a "young" 80 and in her opinion the ship was "full of old people". The family in front of us in the check-in line was celebrating a 90th birthday. That seemed to be the trend for the rest of the trip...very elderly people. It was a bit depressing, like being in a nursing home!! Night life was non-existant after 11 pm!

I'd recommend a fantasy class or spirit class Carnival ship. Liberty out of Tampa on Carnival is a great size ship (we spent our honeymoon on her sister ship, Miracle, but I'm not sure that's sailing out of FL anymore). The Carnival fantasy class ships are even smaller and easier to navigate around. I'd go for the longest cruise you can on the fantasy class ships though. The 3-4 day cruises tend to be more of a party atmosphere, but the 5 day cruises on the fantasy class ships are great. We did the Carnival Inspiration when it sailed from Tampa, but it's in CA now. I'd recommend either the Imagination (out of Miami) or Sensation or Ecstasy out of Port Canaveral. Haven't tried Celebrity, so can't advise on that line, but I've heard it's a slightly older crowd.

Whichever ship you choose, enjoy.

Did you really like the Bahamas Celebration ship out of FL? I've read so many horrible reviews that it just fell off my radar. Yours is the first positive comment I've read. Maybe we should re-consider it.

Have been in Chicago for the past 4 days with my son for BFA theater college auditions. Did pretty well with the diet and ate mostly protein and salad, but did splurge one night on Chicago deep dish pizza. The thing is that now I feel I can allow myself a night off, knowing the next day I will jump right back on the program. That is the difference for me...before, a deviation from the diet would snowball into a week off the diet, then 2 weeks, etc. But now, it's one night off to enjoy a regional specialty and then right back on the program! Progress for sure. Luckily the hotel we were at had a little cafe downstairs that had 2 hard boiled eggs pre-packaged for $1.99. That is my breakfast everyday at home, so super convenient to find it in the hotel. Trying to make good and healthy choices!

Great tips..never thought about how a shorter cruise could be more of a "party" atmosphere..although my husband is a fabulous Latin dancer (he is from Costa Rica) and boy can he dance ..so maybe I need to consider that?

What does "fantasy class" mean?

Read the reviews on the board for Celebration..99% positive.it's the fools who get sucked up into the timeshare scam that are the frequent complainers. I thought the ship was lovely..food was outstanding..they had a lovely Italian restaurant with homemade pizza and if you wanted a cappcuinno and a giant piece of cake for a snack, it was like $4..a bargain..the ship was impeccably clean, food was great..buffet was the usual setup, but you had two dining room/restaurants to choose from..great service and food. You picked one for one night and then the other for the second night. Nightlife was good, gift shop very reasonable and drink prices a little less. If you do a cruise and stay you can stay at the Raddison which is a 4 star resort. Staff very friendly. I had a small issue with my room, I did complain, they promptly took care of it and that night left an apology card with some chocolate dipped strawberries.

the cabins are small..given it's an older ship..but considering it was $150 for two people plus $50 for port charges, a bargain. We got off the ship at 7 on a Monday and I was at work by 9:30!

The program I was on taught us how to "enjoy" a food day for a special occasion..it's just not meant to be all the time..on your hardboiled egg package you mentioned, it reminded me of when I was traveling for business and the hotel had NOTHING of value for me to eat. I had gone to Walmart and found pre-cooked butterball turkey bacon, and I used to have that and a protein shake I had brought. I had also gone to the Wholefoods to buy natural peanut butter which I ate with the bacon. Sometimes I will go to a Chinese takeout when traveling and ask for a pint of steamed chicken and green Chinese vegetables I travel several times a year for business and I always plan ahead what I need to bring.

DH and I are Carnival lovers and tried Princess (see my review in signature) a few years ago. It was ok...slightly older crowd, food not as great in our opinion, but did love the specialty restaurant Sabatinis. Do avoid HAL...we did a cruise last March on HAL for my mom's 80th birthday. She is a "young" 80 and in her opinion the ship was "full of old people". The family in front of us in the check-in line was celebrating a 90th birthday. That seemed to be the trend for the rest of the trip...very elderly people. It was a bit depressing, like being in a nursing home!! Night life was non-existant after 11 pm!

I'd recommend a fantasy class or spirit class Carnival ship. Liberty out of Tampa on Carnival is a great size ship (we spent our honeymoon on her sister ship, Miracle, but I'm not sure that's sailing out of FL anymore). The Carnival fantasy class ships are even smaller and easier to navigate around. I'd go for the longest cruise you can on the fantasy class ships though. The 3-4 day cruises tend to be more of a party atmosphere, but the 5 day cruises on the fantasy class ships are great. We did the Carnival Inspiration when it sailed from Tampa, but it's in CA now. I'd recommend either the Imagination (out of Miami) or Sensation or Ecstasy out of Port Canaveral. Haven't tried Celebrity, so can't advise on that line, but I've heard it's a slightly older crowd.

Whichever ship you choose, enjoy.

Did you really like the Bahamas Celebration ship out of FL? I've read so many horrible reviews that it just fell off my radar. Yours is the first positive comment I've read. Maybe we should re-consider it.

Have been in Chicago for the past 4 days with my son for BFA theater college auditions. Did pretty well with the diet and ate mostly protein and salad, but did splurge one night on Chicago deep dish pizza. The thing is that now I feel I can allow myself a night off, knowing the next day I will jump right back on the program. That is the difference for me...before, a deviation from the diet would snowball into a week off the diet, then 2 weeks, etc. But now, it's one night off to enjoy a regional specialty and then right back on the program! Progress for sure. Luckily the hotel we were at had a little cafe downstairs that had 2 hard boiled eggs pre-packaged for $1.99. That is my breakfast everyday at home, so super convenient to find it in the hotel. Trying to make good and healthy choices!

Edited by Gathina

Great tips..never thought about how a shorter cruise could be more of a "party" atmosphere..although my husband is a fabulous Latin dancer (he is from Costa Rica) and boy can he dance ..so maybe I need to consider that?

What does "fantasy class" mean?

Fantasy class is Carnival's smallest class of ship...you mentioned you wanted a smaller ship, so that is why I recommended them. The Carnival classes are fantasy (smallest), spirit class (next smallest), conquest class, and dream class (the largest). Imagination is the fantasy class ship that sails from Miami. We've really never had a bad Carnival cruise, but the 3 night Sensation cruise we did was definitely more of a party boat. Because the shorter cruises are less expensive, it just seems to attract a different crowd and on this particular cruise, they wanted to get the most of their 3 night cruise and were into heavy drinking at night. We prefer longer cruises for that reason, but one of our favorite ones was a 5 night on the fantasy class, Inspiration, out of Tampa. Sadly, the Inspiration is no longer in Tampa and has been replaced by the Paradise.

Yes, it is important to plan ahead when traveling. I always take a can of almonds and a box of slim jims with me so that I never reach the point where I am starving and will eat anything!! It is nice that more places have healthy food options now.

Good to hear good things about the Celebration Cruise. I see it advertised on TV, so might have to give it a try. We are trying to do one more Carnival cruise this year to be grandfathered into the platinum status.

:) Just wondering if anyone has been to Alaska on a cruise? My DS wants us all to go to Alaska for our next cruise. I do not like the cold so I am not sure this is going to be for me. He says it will be beautiful and I will really enjoy it. Any thoughts? :rolleyes:

I did a few summers ago. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm a total Southern California beach girl so anything below 65 is freezing but I still liked it! It actually wasn't all that cold except when were near the glaciers. I have very little body fat and was wearing uggs, gloves, ski jacket and jeans and was cold! However there was a family next to me from like Michigan in shorts and laughing at me. So I guess it's all relative to what you are used to! But they had lots of hot cocoa on the decks!

It was even warm enough to lay out by the pool a few days! Hiking was amazing and we spent an extra 4 or so days doing an inside land excursion after the cruise. That was super neat. When we went we had great weather but there was a fire or something inland so a lot of animals were hiding so didnt see very much wild life which was a bummer!

I would say go for it! Totally different from a Caribbean cruise but still very fun.

Edited by Bethee99

I did a few summers ago. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm a total Southern California beach girl so anything below 65 is freezing but I still liked it! It actually wasn't all that cold except when were near the glaciers. I have very little body fat and was wearing uggs, gloves, ski jacket and jeans and was cold! However there was a family next to me from like Michigan in shorts and laughing at me. So I guess it's all relative to what you are used to! But they had lots of hot cocoa on the decks!

It was even warm enough to lay out by the pool a few days! Hiking was amazing and we spent an extra 4 or so days doing an inside land excursion after the cruise. That was super neat. When we went we had great weather but there was a fire or something inland so a lot of animals were hiding so didnt see very much wild life which was a bummer!

I would say go for it! Totally different from a Caribbean cruise but still very fun.

:) thanks I am sure that is what we will be booking in March when they have the schedules for RCCL out, my husband and son wear shorts way earlier than I do.

:) Just wondering if anyone has been to Alaska on a cruise? My DS wants us all to go to Alaska for our next cruise. I do not like the cold so I am not sure this is going to be for me. He says it will be beautiful and I will really enjoy it. Any thoughts? :rolleyes:

We did the inside passage from Seattle on the NCL Star. Our port stops were Ketichan, Juneau, Skagway, and Prince Rupert, Canada. We had a balcony room (I wouldn’t cruise Alaska without one, the scenery is gorgeous). The room was a bit smaller than Carnival’s, but the balcony was about the same size. NCL does put a coffee pot in their rooms. The ship was fine and the decor of the ship reminded me a lot of Princess’, certainly not the “in your face” decor of Carnival, which although I have no problem with the decor of Carnival, others seem to! My main complaint with NCL was that we felt like in order to get a meal anywhere comparable to what we got for free in the MDR on Carnival, that we had to go to one of the restaurants that charge a surcharge. The MDR food was just not good. We ate at the Mexican restaurant that charges a $10 surcharge per person and the food was also pretty bad. They gave you a “free” margarita with your meal, but the drink was tiny, maybe 4 oz. We also ate at the French restaurant that charged a $20 per person surcharge. Here, the meal was excellent, but no better than what is served in the MDR on Carnival. It was not up to the standards of the Carnival’s Steakhouses (the only place on Carnival that charges a surcharge).

The buffet food on NCL was somewhat better;the breakfasts, lunches, and late afternoon snacks were good and there was a wide selection. The buffet line is set up cafeteria style, so you don’t have the different stations as on Carnival. The seating at the buffet area was at these long, industrial looking, school cafeteria like tables though, so there was not the cozy seating for small parties found on Carnival.

There is free hard ice cream on the same deck as the buffet, in an ice cream parlor by the pool area. It is not self-serve, someone hands you your cones. The flavors changed daily, but it was good.

There is also a little cafe that offers fish and chips on one of the lower decks. This was a nice place for lunch. They had other things too, I think chicken wings and nachos.

We were given a welcome aboard mimosa or champagne upon arrival and they did the usual towel animals and turn down service. NCL does not do assigned dining times, so to eat in the MDR, you just went when you wanted to. There were two free MDRs that we could eat in, the Versailles and the Aqua. The menus each night were similar, but the Aqua was a little less formal. We ate there once and never went back. We preferred the Versailles. We never found a line for dinner. I don’t know if they take reservations for the MDR or not. We did make reservations at the restaurants that charge a surcharge.

We were on a Broadway themed cruise, advertised through broadway.com, so we didn’t have the normal NCL entertainment, so I cannot comment on the production shows. The guy in the piano bar was great though and played a lot of Broadway, but again, I don’t know if he always does that or if that was just for that particular cruise.

The pool area looked very nice, but was not in use very much, as the weather, even in July, was not conducive to sitting out by the pool. We did buy the week’s pass to the spa to use their indoor pool and hot tubs. This was a lovely area, but on sea days, almost impossible to get a chaise, as the space is limited.

We loved Alaska and I’d love to go again. We were very lucky in that the week we traveled (in August), they had somewhat of a heat wave and it was in the high 60s most days. The only time we were really cold was when we sailed past the glaciers. We bundled up in coats and hats and sat on our balcony. That was when we really appreciated the coffee maker NCL puts in the cabins...we could make hot tea to enjoy as we watched the view!

In Ketichan, we did the “duck tour”, the bus tour in the vehicle that also turns into a boat. In Juneau, we did the whale watching tour and Mendenhall Glacier. That was the best excursion. Not only did we see lots of whales, but we saw sea lions too. Mendenhall Glacier is not to be missed...it is just beautiful. Our ship left Juneau and then sailed past Dawes Glacier, which was gorgeous. The scenery on the way to Dawes Glacier was wonderful...we just sat on the balcony for the entire afternoon watching this wonderful show of scenery. We saw sea otters on ice chunks in the water...it was gorgeous. Our third port was Skagway, where we did the White Pass Railway train. I’m not sure we’d do this again. It was very crowded and as the train track is through a mountain, the scenery is ok, but not spectacular. Our final stop was Prince Rupert, Canada, where there really is nothing. Just a few shops. They did have a Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman meet our ship to pose for photos with his dog. There really wasn’t much there.

We spent the night before the cruise at the Edgewater Hotel in Seattle, which is literally next door to the port for NCL. It was an easy walk from the hotel to the port. This hotel extends out over the water and has gorgeous views. The Beatles once stayed there and fished from their balcony!! It is also within walking distance of Seattle’s main attractions. It was a short walk to the Space Needle and to the monorail in downtown. The night after the cruisel, the Edgewater wanted a much higher price (I think something was going on in Seattle that day), so we stayed at the Crowne Plaza downtown, which was also very nice and convenient for all the tourist attractions.

The spirit class ships of Carnival are our favorite, so if we did Alaska again, we’d probably do Carnival or Princess. I’d definitely pick an itinerary that didn’t include Prince Rupert. I’d have loved to have seen Vancouver, so maybe next time we’d sail out of there (I think it’s possible to still fly into Seattle and drive to Vancouver). I would not do NCL again because the cruises fares are typically higher than Carnival and to get a meal comparable to the MDR on Carnival, you have to pay at least $20 extra per person for dinner.

Here is a link to our photos. http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=619771026/a=1243599026_1243599026/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Edited by pcrum

Wow, answering the above post and putting a link to our photos (from 2010) was a HUGE reality check for me. Looking at those photos and the sweaters that I could hardly button, the tight pants, etc. Now those same sweaters are so baggy I cannot wear them anymore and those pants fall off of me. Anytime I want to stray from the diet I need to look at old photos. I was about 60 lbs. heavier then.

Had a very tough week...2 kids turning 18, drama with 2 kids going to college at the same time, etc., just a lot of stress. I did eat a very tiny piece of my kids' birthday cake, the first sweet I have had in months (for my b-day we did low carb cheesecake). I had the cake, enjoyed it, but will not have any more because I surely don't need the added stress of weight gain with everything else going on. It truly is a different mindset now. Whereas before, food would be a stress reliever, now I know that added weight would only make the stress worse, so for me, the best stress reliever is healthy eating! Still struggle with getting enough exercise...trying to make that as important as healthy eating!

:) Thanks so much for this, we will try to go in August because it sounds like it is warmest I really do not like the cold, I live in Michigan go figure. We always get oceanview rooms since we get up early and walk the track in the mornings with our camera. We don't spend time in our room only to sleep,we do like to look out and watch the waves at night before we fall asleep. I am going to check out your photos now. Thanks again. Good Luck with your graduation.

Wow, answering the above post and putting a link to our photos (from 2010) was a HUGE reality check for me. Looking at those photos and the sweaters that I could hardly button, the tight pants, etc. Now those same sweaters are so baggy I cannot wear them anymore and those pants fall off of me. Anytime I want to stray from the diet I need to look at old photos. I was about 60 lbs. heavier then.

Had a very tough week...2 kids turning 18, drama with 2 kids going to college at the same time, etc., just a lot of stress. I did eat a very tiny piece of my kids' birthday cake, the first sweet I have had in months (for my b-day we did low carb cheesecake). I had the cake, enjoyed it, but will not have any more because I surely don't need the added stress of weight gain with everything else going on. It truly is a different mindset now. Whereas before, food would be a stress reliever, now I know that added weight would only make the stress worse, so for me, the best stress reliever is healthy eating! Still struggle with getting enough exercise...trying to make that as important as healthy eating!

I really liked your pictures thanks for sharing it really looks beautiful. It seems strange to see green foliage by snow covered mountains. Here everthing is brown and dead and snow covered, excet the pine trees. I had considered going with NCL but we have been happy so far with RCCL so I think we will stick with them, the 2014 schedules don't come out until March so we will pick something then.

We did the inside passage from Seattle on the NCL Star. Our port stops were Ketichan, Juneau, Skagway, and Prince Rupert, Canada. We had a balcony room (I wouldn’t cruise Alaska without one, the scenery is gorgeous). The room was a bit smaller than Carnival’s, but the balcony was about the same size. NCL does put a coffee pot in their rooms. The ship was fine and the decor of the ship reminded me a lot of Princess’, certainly not the “in your face” decor of Carnival, which although I have no problem with the decor of Carnival, others seem to! My main complaint with NCL was that we felt like in order to get a meal anywhere comparable to what we got for free in the MDR on Carnival, that we had to go to one of the restaurants that charge a surcharge. The MDR food was just not good. We ate at the Mexican restaurant that charges a $10 surcharge per person and the food was also pretty bad. They gave you a “free” margarita with your meal, but the drink was tiny, maybe 4 oz. We also ate at the French restaurant that charged a $20 per person surcharge. Here, the meal was excellent, but no better than what is served in the MDR on Carnival. It was not up to the standards of the Carnival’s Steakhouses (the only place on Carnival that charges a surcharge).

The buffet food on NCL was somewhat better;the breakfasts, lunches, and late afternoon snacks were good and there was a wide selection. The buffet line is set up cafeteria style, so you don’t have the different stations as on Carnival. The seating at the buffet area was at these long, industrial looking, school cafeteria like tables though, so there was not the cozy seating for small parties found on Carnival.

There is free hard ice cream on the same deck as the buffet, in an ice cream parlor by the pool area. It is not self-serve, someone hands you your cones. The flavors changed daily, but it was good.

There is also a little cafe that offers fish and chips on one of the lower decks. This was a nice place for lunch. They had other things too, I think chicken wings and nachos.

We were given a welcome aboard mimosa or champagne upon arrival and they did the usual towel animals and turn down service. NCL does not do assigned dining times, so to eat in the MDR, you just went when you wanted to. There were two free MDRs that we could eat in, the Versailles and the Aqua. The menus each night were similar, but the Aqua was a little less formal. We ate there once and never went back. We preferred the Versailles. We never found a line for dinner. I don’t know if they take reservations for the MDR or not. We did make reservations at the restaurants that charge a surcharge.

We were on a Broadway themed cruise, advertised through broadway.com, so we didn’t have the normal NCL entertainment, so I cannot comment on the production shows. The guy in the piano bar was great though and played a lot of Broadway, but again, I don’t know if he always does that or if that was just for that particular cruise.

The pool area looked very nice, but was not in use very much, as the weather, even in July, was not conducive to sitting out by the pool. We did buy the week’s pass to the spa to use their indoor pool and hot tubs. This was a lovely area, but on sea days, almost impossible to get a chaise, as the space is limited.

We loved Alaska and I’d love to go again. We were very lucky in that the week we traveled (in August), they had somewhat of a heat wave and it was in the high 60s most days. The only time we were really cold was when we sailed past the glaciers. We bundled up in coats and hats and sat on our balcony. That was when we really appreciated the coffee maker NCL puts in the cabins...we could make hot tea to enjoy as we watched the view!

In Ketichan, we did the “duck tour”, the bus tour in the vehicle that also turns into a boat. In Juneau, we did the whale watching tour and Mendenhall Glacier. That was the best excursion. Not only did we see lots of whales, but we saw sea lions too. Mendenhall Glacier is not to be missed...it is just beautiful. Our ship left Juneau and then sailed past Dawes Glacier, which was gorgeous. The scenery on the way to Dawes Glacier was wonderful...we just sat on the balcony for the entire afternoon watching this wonderful show of scenery. We saw sea otters on ice chunks in the water...it was gorgeous. Our third port was Skagway, where we did the White Pass Railway train. I’m not sure we’d do this again. It was very crowded and as the train track is through a mountain, the scenery is ok, but not spectacular. Our final stop was Prince Rupert, Canada, where there really is nothing. Just a few shops. They did have a Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman meet our ship to pose for photos with his dog. There really wasn’t much there.

We spent the night before the cruise at the Edgewater Hotel in Seattle, which is literally next door to the port for NCL. It was an easy walk from the hotel to the port. This hotel extends out over the water and has gorgeous views. The Beatles once stayed there and fished from their balcony!! It is also within walking distance of Seattle’s main attractions. It was a short walk to the Space Needle and to the monorail in downtown. The night after the cruisel, the Edgewater wanted a much higher price (I think something was going on in Seattle that day), so we stayed at the Crowne Plaza downtown, which was also very nice and convenient for all the tourist attractions.

The spirit class ships of Carnival are our favorite, so if we did Alaska again, we’d probably do Carnival or Princess. I’d definitely pick an itinerary that didn’t include Prince Rupert. I’d have loved to have seen Vancouver, so maybe next time we’d sail out of there (I think it’s possible to still fly into Seattle and drive to Vancouver). I would not do NCL again because the cruises fares are typically higher than Carnival and to get a meal comparable to the MDR on Carnival, you have to pay at least $20 extra per person for dinner.

Here is a link to our photos. http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=619771026/a=1243599026_1243599026/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

:) Thanks so much for this, we will try to go in August because it sounds like it is warmest I really do not like the cold, I live in Michigan go figure. We always get oceanview rooms since we get up early and walk the track in the mornings with our camera. We don't spend time in our room only to sleep,we do like to look out and watch the waves at night before we fall asleep. I am going to check out your photos now. Thanks again. Good Luck with your graduation.

RCCL (and Celebrity) are two lines we've never sailed, so can't help you there, but from the reviews I've read, they sound great. I think the mainstream lines have much more in common than differences.

We have only booked a balcony a few times on the Caribbean cruises, but in Alaska, we really enjoyed having it! The scenery is just spectacular, and we didn't want to miss any of it, but when it got a bit chilly, we could come back inside the room to warm up!!

I know you will enjoy your cruise. I thought Alaska was beautiful and would love to go again. Have a wonderful time!

Edited by pcrum
spelling

Just wondering if anyone is leery of cruising now after the Triumph incident. If we take one more Carnival cruise before 12/31/13, we will be platinum, but now I'm unsure if we will do it. We've sailed the Triumph and loved her, but during our sailing on the HAL Ryndam last March, the fire alarm went off the last night. The captain came on and said it was set off due to activity in the engine room. A few minutes later he came back on and said all was fine and we went to sleep and awoke to being back in Tampa, so it was all ok, but still a bit scary. That incident (combined with a few others, such as the ship listing one day) have convinced me to stay away from older ships. We have loved all of our cruises and I don't think that any one line is more prone to trouble than another, but this incident does remind one that you are in the middle of the ocean and should trouble arise, it might be a few days until you are comfortable again. Just wondered if anyone else is a bit leery.

It feels like Alaska here in Miami today because it's only 47 degrees with a high of 57 forecast!

I hear you! It was in the 30s in Orlando this morning. But the sun is out, and I think by Tuesday, we are meant to hit 80, so can't complain too much!

Hi all

I had a huge wakeup call this weekend. I have been in the hospital sence Friday night. I'm home now. Anyway the wakeup call I went in to a-fib friday night pretty scary didnt come out of it till late Sat night. They were planing on doing cardio interverion Sunday morning if I hadn't come out of it. They are pretty sure it was from all the coffee I drink. And I now have a 50% chance of it coming back.

So I am now on low fat, no salt, NO COFFEE :eek: and of course no smoking.

This has been really tough as I am also gulten intolerent. Not sure how I'm going to stay on low carbs. On the up side I am smoke free :) Ok back to finding foods that I can eat,

Glad you came out of it and I hope you will be okay. No coffee, what about decaf? That would be hard for me I love coffee only 2 cups a day for me however. Giving up smoking and coffee at the same time will be a real challenge for you. I guess you will have to reprogram your eating habits the salt will be hard nothing processed but that will be better for you in the long run. Good luck and stay healthy you have that beautiful boy to think about.:)

Hi all

I had a huge wakeup call this weekend. I have been in the hospital sence Friday night. I'm home now. Anyway the wakeup call I went in to a-fib friday night pretty scary didnt come out of it till late Sat night. They were planing on doing cardio interverion Sunday morning if I hadn't come out of it. They are pretty sure it was from all the coffee I drink. And I now have a 50% chance of it coming back.

So I am now on low fat, no salt, NO COFFEE :eek: and of course no smoking.

This has been really tough as I am also gulten intolerent. Not sure how I'm going to stay on low carbs. On the up side I am smoke free :) Ok back to finding foods that I can eat,

Hey everyone! Yes, the triumph deal has got me a tad worried however I'll be researching the boats were on to make sure all is fine. The one I'm worried about is Legend next year with our son.

Just got home from a girls weekend in NYC and man was it fun! But I think I missed my boys way more! I was so happy to have my cuddles with my 11mo old this morning!!

Congrats! Isn't it a wonderful feeling? I hope Brooke is doing well. Maybe she's stalking the page and not telling us..LOL

Its been a really good week. 9 days smoke free, coffee free, walking and yoga everyday. And the very best I got new jeans yesterday and they fit and are a 10 p. Woohoo:)

Good Morning, How is everyone doing? Its been really quite here.

Well today is day 16 of being a non-smoker:) & coffee free.

So far so good with the a-fib. Have a doctor appt tomorrow fingers crossed he will keep leting me do this with out any drugs and doing it the natural way.

The very best part down to 161.2 I am so close to being in the 150 I can taste it..

Hope everyone is haveing great weight lose! Have a great day

Leigh

Hi everyone. So glad you guys are still finding a use for this thread. I'm glad to see that most of you are making great strides.

lhanson I sure hope you are feeling better.

And no Gathina, I hadn't been secretly reading. Though I had thought about it, but restrained myself. I've been on the boards checking out information for my next cruise in Nov. 2014.

I'm doing fine. I'm happy and working towards my yearly goal. Since January, I've lost 4.4lbs.

I don't think I'll be returning to my daily post here. I will probably check in every once in a while.

I hope you all are doing well and wish you luck in all your prospects.

Great job on the 4.4 pounds. I can understand not wanting to post daily, but I do hope you continue to check in from time to time. I'm sure I speak for the others when I say that we want the best for you. Best of luck in everything...your health, your job, your house, etc. You have a lot going for you. Please continue to update this thread from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been really slow lately. I check everyday to see if anyone has posted.

Really wish all the reg posters would come back.

I'm down 12 lbs since feb 15th and a non smoker..woo hoo.

I have been working out for a hour a day. Eating all lean protein and veggies. a few nuts and very little cheese. I feel really good.

I hope you have a wonderful time with your hubby, I know you will miss the baby. But try really hard to make it just about you and your hubby:).

Hope everyone is have great weight loss and finding a healthy life style.

L