Carnival Future Cruise Credit Voucher

DGryg

I will be sailing on the Carnival Freedom in September 2009 and will be purchasing a Future Cruise Credit Voucher. I already have a cruise in mind for September 2010 and would like to purchase it now as the price is very low.

Should I purchase the 2010 cruise now, then in September 2009 when I'm on the Freedom I'll purchase a Voucher in hopes of having it applied to my 2010 previously purchased cruise.

Has anyone had a Voucher applied to a previously purchased cruise?

From what I understand you can not apply the voucher to an already existing cruise - you could cancel the trip (unless you book under the early saver) and rebook but you would rebook at the current rate.

The vouchers are good for 5 years so even if you don't use it for the 2010 cruise; its worth getting.

I will be sailing on the Carnival Freedom in September 2009 and will be purchasing a Future Cruise Credit Voucher. I already have a cruise in mind for September 2010 and would like to purchase it now as the price is very low.

Should I purchase the 2010 cruise now, then in September 2009 when I'm on the Freedom I'll purchase a Voucher in hopes of having it applied to my 2010 previously purchased cruise.

DRryg,

If the price has not changed, you can have OBC credit applied to your future cruises that are already booked for free. I had credit applied to ALL of my future bookings while on board Liberty this past summer and didn't have to pay a penny. :) The price had not changed on any of them since I had booked them.

PaulMedik, Now, I'm really confused!

Are you saying I can purchase my 2010 cruise now, then while I'm cruising in September, I can have OBC applied to my 2010 cruise for "FREE".

I'm sorry I don't understand. I thought the vouchers cost $100.

How does the voucher work?

The voucher you purchase for 100.00 on a cruise and it is valid for up to 5 years. when you book your cruise, you receive a 100.00 OBC.

We cruise every year so for us its a great deal - anytime we can start a cruise with an OBC is a bonus :)

PaulMedik, Now, I'm really confused!

Are you saying I can purchase my 2010 cruise now, then while I'm cruising in September, I can have OBC applied to my 2010 cruise for "FREE".

I'm sorry I don't understand. I thought the vouchers cost $100.

DGryg,

The vouchers do cost $100. Since I had already paid deposits on each of my booked cruises, I was not charged the $100; In effect, I had already paid the $100 so I was not charged again. The OBC that goes with the vouchers was applied to each cruise that I had booked at that time that had not changed in price. It was the first week of a B2B and the second week's bookings had changed in price so I did not get OBC for those bookings. (We have to book two rooms for the five of us)

You should be able to buy now and receive automatic OBC once you're on board by stopping by the Future Cruise desk and having them check the price of your 2010 cruise. If the price is the same or has not gone up, then you should receive OBC for your 2010 cruise for free (Free as in you already paid your deposit which is what the $100 cost would ordinarily be used for).

We purchased one in September 2008 on our Conquest cruise and haven't used it yet. We couldn't apply it to our existing November cruise as it is supposed to be used as part of your deposit. So, we are going to be sending in the certificate for our September 2010 cruise. Can't wait for the extra $100 OBC. Gotta love having OBC just waiting for you!!!!

Also, can more than one voucher be used at a time?

We purchased one in September 2008 on our Conquest cruise and haven't used it yet. We couldn't apply it to our existing November cruise as it is supposed to be used as part of your deposit. So, we are going to be sending in the certificate for our September 2010 cruise. Can't wait for the extra $100 OBC. Gotta love having OBC just waiting for you!!!!

Lorrie - Only one voucher per cabin - sorry!

LorrieB,

Only one voucher per cabin and the person listed on the voucher has to be booked in that cabin. The way we do it is buy one in my name and one in DWs name so we can use two per cruise.

LorrieB,

Only one voucher per cabin and the person listed on the voucher has to be booked in that cabin. The way we do it is buy one in my name and one in DWs name so we can use two per cruise.

Are you booking two cabins; one with you and one with your wife in it (for booking purposes)- I know that you can only have one voucher per cabin.

You have to have a cruise booked to use the certificate. We bought a few certificates on our last cruise in March and we sent one in for our Dream cruise for Feb 2010 that we booked in 2008. You have to put your booking number on the voucher when you send it in. Since we paid our deposit a long time ago the $100 is deducted from our final payment and since it is a 7 day cruise we get $100 OBC. Basically your voucher gets you the OBC depending on the length of the cruise. The wording is:

To use this certificate on your future Carnival cruise, you MUST do the following:

Write your future booking number here____________ and on the space provided on the face of the certificate.

Once booking is finalized and prior to final payment, detach the certificate below and present the certificate to your Travel Agent that made the booking or mail it via certified mail to: Carnival Cruise Lines, 3655 NS 87th Ave., Miami, FL 33178 attn: Special Programs and Promotions MSRZ 3565. Retain the upper portion for your records and bring it with you when you travel. Carnival is not responsible for lost or misdirected certificates.

You MUST include your future booking number on the certificate or the onboard credit will not be applied.

We sent the certificate in and can see our OBC and $100 deducted from our final payment on the computer for our cruise. So far it has worked great.

Hi,

I return from my cruise on July 19 and my final payment for my next cruise is due on July 21. Does anyone know if I buy the future credit on my first cruise can I send it Fed Ex for the next cruise?

Mahalo,

Kat

I did same thing booked cruise then bought cert and applied to cruise later no problem

Hi,

I return from my cruise on July 19 and my final payment for my next cruise is due on July 21. Does anyone know if I buy the future credit on my first cruise can I send it Fed Ex for the next cruise?

Mahalo,

Kat

That would be cutting it very close - we were told it takes about 2 weeks to get it actually posted to the account. Final payment would already be made before you would be able to apply the 100.00 to the account -

Lorrie is the cruise you have booked in November the same price now as what you booked it for?? If so you can send your certificate in and have it applied.

The certificate does NOT get applied to your intial deposit unless you actually book the cruise when you purchase the cert. In all other cases you have to send your certificate in after you book your cruise and pay your intial deposit. They will then credit the $100 towards your total deposit paid. If you pay $250 pp deposit on a 7 day cruise once they apply the certificate you will then have $600 showing as your paid deposit.

The way the certs are worded is very misleading and confusing for many people. They mention that it can be applied to your deposit making people think it goes to the intial deposit but that only happens if you book while on board.

I booked the Splendor CC cruise and sent my certificate in to Johnna at Cru Con since she was the TA for that cruise. I sent it in about 2 months after I had booked. She took care of it from there for me. I got the $100 applied to my balance and the $100 OBC was waiting for me when I boarded.

We bought a cert 3 weeks ago on the Splendor we already have a cruise booked on the Liberty for oct 17. Can we still use the cert for our oct cruise? Are final payment is do july and we are getting mixed answers from Carnvial.

I think the certificates are only being sold on the Valor, Liberty, Freedom and Splendor as of now and you have to buy them onboard. The cost is $100 per certificate and you get $100 off the final deposit and $100 OBC (for a 7 day cruise). It is $50 for 3-5 day cruises, $75 for 6 day cruises, $100 for 7 or 8 day cruises, and $200 for a 12 night or longer cruise.

These cannot be combined with the Welcome Back program where if you book a cruise within 60 days of your last cruise you get $50 off the price of the cruise and there are some other categories that cannot be combined with like military, interline and something else. Burt it is good for past guest, senior, resident, and any other regular category you qualify for. You can also get the $100 stockholder credit with this.

Seems like a great deal to me. It doesn't matter if the price of your cruise has gone up or not. I probably will only use the certificates for 7 day or longer cruises since you get at least $100 OBC and with the shorter since you only get $50 I would use the Welcome Back credit if I booked within 60 days. We bought 4 certificates and have sent one in so far. Might do another one for September though.

You can't lose if you're going to sail within 5 years and even if you're not you can get your money back.

I think the certificates are only being sold on the Valor, Liberty, Freedom and Splendor as of now and you have to buy them onboard. .

I think they are sold on all Conquest class ships arent they?? I bought mine on Conquest, so I would assume Glory has them too etc.

We bought a cert 3 weeks ago on the Splendor we already have a cruise booked on the Liberty for oct 17. Can we still use the cert for our oct cruise? Are final payment is do july and we are getting mixed answers from Carnvial.

Has the price of your cruise gone up?? If not then you can use them because its kinda like a new booking, to apply them the price would have to not have gone up or you would have to pay the difference.

Do these have to be bought onboard or do you have so many many afterward to buy? I read somthing about a deduction on cruises booked 60 days after sailing. Or I may be crazy!

Your crazy!!! just teasing I swear. Actually the 60 days thingee is a welcome back credit which you cant combine with a next cruise certificate. One or the other. If you are booking a short cruise of 5 days or less, the welcome back credit to me is preferable, and the same $50 off, except you get it off the price and dont need to snail mail a certificate in to get it. The next cruise cert you dont get any money off (except the $100 which you paid), but you get $50 OBC.

either way its $50, $50 off the price or $50 OBC, your choice. But the next cruise cert if you are having to mail it in is less preferable, more work to do. Cant be used last minute for instance, or too close to final payment since the $100 you paid needs to be applied to the final payment, blah blah blah.

Hi,

Mahalo,

Kat

It has to be sent either registered or certified (I get them mixed up), return receipt mail. Someone sent it a different way and they didnt apply the certificate and they had all kinds of problems not following the instructions exactly. I wouldnt send it fed ex myself as you could run into the same issues. send it overnight USPS, certified or whatever it says instead. The post office said you cant do two day mail that way, it was either over night or first class.

Archived