Ft. Lauderdale departure flight question

rhodester

I have a 10:45 am flight departing from Ft. Lauderdale on Sat. September 12. Disembarkation time from Freedom is 8:00 am. Do I have enough time to make my flight without any problem? On a related topic, is it faster to take a cab rather than the shuttle? Thanks for your help.

We have taken a 10:45 and an 11:00 AM flight from FLL and never had a problem. I would definitely do the self-disembark and take a cab rather than the shuttle. You will walk off quickly in the morning as long as the ship comes in on time and be at the airport in 10 minutes once you're ready and waiting outside the ship. I have seen other threads on this topic, so you might want to search and get others' opinions on it too.

We self disembarked and were there before 9 am. its only about 10 minutes by cab.

If you are waiting for your number to be called, you might be calling it too close. pack light so you can carry off your own suitcases.

We had a 1130 flight post Ft Laud cruise. We were off the ship before 8 and in the airport at 8. they bumped us to the 9am flight and we were home before our initial flight got off the ground.

Well....... I had this situation, I had a 1;45pm flight home after a cruise from Ft Lauderdale.... I was on Princess, got off the ship "regular" debarkation, off at 8:20am, I was at FLL at 8:35 by cab. I had a longggggg boring wait.

So its a tricky situation.... You can't assume other cruise ships have fantastic debarkation... I would still shoot for a 11:30 to 1pm Airport departure.

Take a cab, cab ride is only 10-15 min away Maximum, and I want to say it was like 8 or 9 dollar fare. Good luck

I have a 10:45 am flight departing from Ft. Lauderdale on Sat. September 12. Disembarkation time from Freedom is 8:00 am. Do I have enough time to make my flight without any problem? On a related topic, is it faster to take a cab rather than the shuttle? Thanks for your help.

Archived