How's the food on Indy?

I know my sailings have been a few years apart but I'd say its all the same. They try to make as good on every ship throughout the company. Why would they want one to be better than the next?

IMO, the food in 2008 on the Navigator left something to be desired. Just cautiously optimistic that the food will be better on Indy.

We have sailed both Indy and Navigator in the last six months. I cannot say there was a significant difference in the food in the MDR or elsewhere on the two ships. As for whether you will like the food it is so hard to say because food is such a subjective matter.

I will say we had two outstanding waiters on Navigator and that made so much difference in the meals because of their service. So I don't care how good the food is, if the service is subpar or indifferent, it does impact one's impression of the dining experience.

On Indy, the service was slower than I like, but the people around us were so much fun and such good company, the service didn't matter so much. So there is that too.

But I don't think you need to worry about the food on Indy. We loved our cruise on Indy and wouldn't hestitate to sail her again.

Been on Independence three times now (last time on the transatlantic as well) and the quality of the food is comparable to the other RCL ships.

But what I personaly noticed is that the temperature of most meals in the main dining room was only lukewarm.

If you have the same problem ask your waiter or headwaiter to bring you warm/hot meals. They are all very friendly and will go the extra mile to satisfy you.

Michael

We have sailed on Navigator and Grandeur, can you compare? Quality, variety, temperature, etc.

Thanks!

I was on her recently and the food is all the same fleet wide IMO...some desserts may be different, but the regular food is the same. I like it all dont get me wrong, I just wish they would change it up a bit

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this varies from sailing to sailing and depends on many factors (not the least of which is personal taste); however, we thought that the Independence had the best food of the 4 RCI cruises we have been on. Food was hot (despite delays in service- our waiter was nice but completely overwhelmed and our assistant waiter was helping 2 different waiters) and everything was really good (except for an inedible mango cranberry soup, which had been excellent on the Serenade).

So far, our personal ranking is:

1) Independence 2009 for food- but we almost never ate in the WJ (4th for service)

2) Serenade 2008 (a very close second to the Independence and best assistant waiter)

3) Navigator 2005 (good main courses but bad desserts- everything was very gelatiny but we were on a very rough sailing and we wondered if they changed recipes to stabalize them??? best waiter/assistant waiter team)

4) Explorer 2006 (worse mains but better desserts than Navigator, great head waiter)

Hopefully your Independence experience will be as good as ours!

Archived