Cabin Assignment

bruingary

If you book a category guarantee, are you notified of the cabin assignment? Will it show up on the Cruise Personalizer?

At some point it will show on the personalizer, sometimes it may not be assigned until you arrive at the pier but not very often.

You could find out anytime between now and when you arrive at the pier. Just keep checking your personalizer....that is the only way you find out except if you have to wait until you get to the pier, and then the porters will know you assignment

One time I received a call about 24 hours before boarding. First call was to offer me a free upgrade from a balcony to a full suite if I took a different cruise 3 months later. Given that we were already at the port, it was too late for us to take them up on it.

About 4 hours later it showed up on my cruise personalizer. So someone else took the deal.

I did a guaranteed this time hoping we might get upgraded but I see our cabin is already assigned.

Does this mean we won't have any possibility of an upgrade? Our cruise is not until Nov. 1st.

You will probably be in the cabin you have been assigned.

I did a guaranteed this time hoping we might get upgraded but I see our cabin is already assigned.

Does this mean we won't have any possibility of an upgrade? Our cruise is not until Nov. 1st.

Very rarely, passengers are given more than one upgrade. But it is so rare, it really isn't worth even considering the thought!

It is always best to book the category stateroom you will be happy in, some end up with exactly what they booked, even with guarantees. and don't receive any type of upgrade (even within the same type of stateroom) at all. ;)

We had a cruise a couple of years ago where we got a call three days before we sailed upgrading us from an outside cabin to a balcony. Come the day of the cruise, we are standing in the airport in San Juan waiting for the Princess transfer to the ship. We start talking to the couple next to us. Someone says what deck are you on. The other says deck A. So are we says the first. What cabin? Cabin 123. So are we. We both pulled out boarding passes that said cabin A123. Turns out the other couple had been upgraded to a mini, but had not been notified and did not check the personalizer to learn of it.

If you book a category guarantee, are you notified of the cabin assignment? Will it show up on the Cruise Personalizer?

Usaully shows up about three weeks before sail. Also may B in your "DOCS"

If you booked early enough you can get down to the EXACT room you want.

Tim

I wonder how they decide who gets an upgrade. This will be my 8th cruise with Princess; have never gotten any upgrade. I booked a guarantee this time thinking maybe that would do it and have gotten assigned to exactly what I paid for and the cruise is not until Nov.

Do you get a lot more motion up on Lido deck? That's where they assigned me and I think I would rather be lower so may actually see if I can downgrade.

Archived