QV: July 7th, upgraded to P1

Queenvee

I was surprised and very happy to see that Cunard upgraded me from an A6 (obstructed balcony) to a P1 (Princess Grill suite) for my upcoming July 7th "Geysers & Glaciers" voyage. I'm Diamond level but since, as a solo traveller, I pay the single supplement, I tend to be thrifty on board so am not a big spender. For that reason, I never thought I'd be upgraded let alone to this level. So...this makes me wonder if this trip is undersold?(don't get me wrong - I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth and am quite pleased with this unexpected change!) It wouldn't surprise me, given the economy and the unusual itinerary (Iceland - 3 ports and Norway - 5 or 6 ports), which is fine with me but curious if anyone has any "inside" knowledge? Thanks.

I was surprised and very happy to see that Cunard upgraded me from an A6 (obstructed balcony) to a P1 (Princess Grill suite) for my upcoming July 7th "Geysers & Glaciers" voyage. I'm Diamond level but since, as a solo traveller, I pay the single supplement, I tend to be thrifty on board so am not a big spender. For that reason, I never thought I'd be upgraded let alone to this level. So...this makes me wonder if this trip is undersold?(don't get me wrong - I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth and am quite pleased with this unexpected change!) It wouldn't surprise me, given the economy and the unusual itinerary (Iceland - 3 ports and Norway - 5 or 6 ports), which is fine with me but curious if anyone has any "inside" knowledge? Thanks.

That's Great!!!! WOW! Enjoy:)

Congratulations on your visit from the Upgrade Fairy! We are also on the QV July 7th and haven't received our documents yet. How did you hear about your upgrade? We are in an A2. Have you visited the Roll Call for our trip?

Lorraine:)

Wow, that it great news. The upgrade fairy works in mysterious ways (some logical and some not!), so just enjoy the treat! PG on the QV is wonderful, have a fantastic time!

Lesley

Queen of the Queen We were on the QM2 and during the Black/White Ball they had a raffle to name the Queen, and I won ! It was great having women curtsy and men kiss my hand, however, my husband reminded me as we were disembarking that the minute I stepped on land, my reign was over! (great name BTW!): I got my documents from my TA about 10 days ago, so you may want to follow up with yours. I called and she doesn't have any documents yet, could be because we are doing a B2B I haven't done the "roll call" - what is it?

Go to the "Home Page" , click on "Boards" and you will see a box called "Roll Calls-Members Only" Click on Cunard and then "search" for the QV sailing we will be on and sign on. We can then set up a time/place to meet on the ship.

Lorraine:)

Queenvee, firstly welldone for getting the upgrade, what a lovely suprise. I am putting the link up for our roll call to take you straight to the first posting, It has just gone onto the second page today.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=902724

Hope to see you there & corresponding with you before we travel. Lorraine (queen of the queen) & I are going to mee once we board. The more the better.

Speak to you soon (hopefully)

Chez

:-)

Well done you.

We have an A7 guar cabin booked, as gold passengers.

I note the cruise seems to be fully booked only showing penthouse & a few other QG suites left.

We wont have confirmation of which cabin we have been allocated untill 7 days prior to sailing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Liketravel

No "'inside' knowledge" here, but did get bumped (when traveling solo) into a P2 once and found it quite nice for one. Just the correct size, ship location (center), etc. Cunard big dining rooms can be nice, but on QV the "Grill Experience" really IS something to tout in the brochures. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
Well done you.

We have an A7 guar cabin booked, as gold passengers.

I note the cruise seems to be fully booked only showing penthouse & a few other QG suites left.

We wont have confirmation of which cabin we have been allocated untill 7 days prior to sailing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Liketravel

What were you finally allocated? We have booked an A7 guarantee on the QV in November.

Excellent news :D

I/we are upgraded quite often. I am also Diamond level but it started before then.

One of my theory`s is that if you book a popular room you are more likely to be upgraded as Cunard can sell it easier :)

Have fun :p

Gavin :cool:

Excellent news :D

I/we are upgraded quite often. I am also Diamond level but it started before then.

One of my theory`s is that if you book a popular room you are more likely to be upgraded as Cunard can sell it easier :)

Have fun :p

Gavin :cool:

It is all done by machine. Well, in the main. And that goes by price. So if you are upgraded, then others paid less.

Simples!

considering this voyage is allegedly full there appears to be quite a few of us who have had upgrades \o/

but then again thats the nature of the beast - these are the cabins they can keep resellling

We had originally booked an A4 for this cruise. When we decided to do a B2B, they upgraded us to A2. No differance in the size of the room, just the location. We do hope all will fit in the cupboards.

Please join us in the Commodore Club on July 8 at 5:00 p.m. It would nice to meet everyone.

See you in a two days.

Lorraine

Archived