EZ Check luggage!

Saruman

After reading about the hassles at Pier 91 in Seattle, I was delighted to find out that the Star offered us a new luggage deal. For $20 a person, they checked our luggage through to Seatac airport. (Airline luggage fees still apply) We put out the big suitcases the last night and didn't see them again until we arrived at our home airport! No searching through that sea of identical suitcases! No hassle getting it all on the shuttle or into the airport. Once off the ship, we found our shuttle and were heading to the airport in minutes. Princess suppled luggage tags for the airline AND boarding passes the last night aboard. What a great deal!! Thanks, Princess

By the way, Shuttle Express is wonderful. As much as we like Princess, we recommend Shuttle Express, the competition, in Seattle for getting to or from the pier, from Seatac or any downtown hotel.

After reading about the hassles at Pier 91 in Seattle, I was delighted to find out that the Star offered us a new luggage deal. For $20 a person, they checked our luggage through to Seatac airport. (Airline luggage fees still apply) We put out the big suitcases the last night and didn't see them again until we arrived at our home airport! No searching through that sea of identical suitcases! No hassle getting it all on the shuttle or into the airport. Once off the ship, we found our shuttle and were heading to the airport in minutes. Princess suppled luggage tags for the airline AND boarding passes the last night aboard. What a great deal!! Thanks, Princess

By the way, Shuttle Express is wonderful. As much as we like Princess, we recommend Shuttle Express, the competition, in Seattle for getting to or from the pier, from Seatac or any downtown hotel.

EZ Check is great as we did this in San Juan last year but that was before all the extra charges.

Who and how did they charge you for the luggage fees and/or overweight charges?

We filled in a form that came with the Patter during the week and Princess did the check-in with our airlines. American Airlines told them what to charge for checked luggage ($15/bag) and Princess added it to our bill. Assume Princess pays AA. If your airline still allows free luggage, you pay only the 20 bucks per person. Worth every penny!

We filled in a form that came with the Patter during the week and Princess did the check-in with our airlines. American Airlines told them what to charge for checked luggage ($15/bag) and Princess added it to our bill. Assume Princess pays AA. If your airline still allows free luggage, you pay only the 20 bucks per person. Worth every penny!

Absolutely worth it.:D

But again, does Princess check the weight and charge you if you are over?

Do they use calibrated weight and measures?

Or if the airlines find out that you are overweight do they just leave your bags in the terminal?:rolleyes::rolleyes: Send you back to the checkin counter from the boarding line to pay the fee.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can see this being a problem for Princess.

Just my jaded perspective

Can you list any other airlines that also participate - I am flying home United.

Is there also restrictions on when the flights are? I have a 2:30 flight.

Thanks.

There were at least a dozen airlines listed on the form, but it was handed in. Sorry I don't have a copy to consult. Perhaps Princess would be able to tell you. As to restrictions, I can only tell you that our flight was 1:00 PM.

There were at least a dozen airlines listed on the form, but it was handed in. Sorry I don't have a copy to consult. Perhaps Princess would be able to tell you. As to restrictions, I can only tell you that our flight was 1:00 PM.

Thank you. Something tells me if I call Princess they will have no clue what I am talking about :). I appreciate your help.

Absolutely worth it.:D

But again, does Princess check the weight and charge you if you are over?

Do they use calibrated weight and measures?

Or if the airlines find out that you are overweight do they just leave your bags in the terminal?:rolleyes::rolleyes: Send you back to the checkin counter from the boarding line to pay the fee.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can see this being a problem for Princess.

Just my jaded perspective

There's no silver lining that doesn't have a black cloud, eh?

There's no silver lining that doesn't have a black cloud, eh?

I hope I'm wrong, but isn't that why they stopped the EZ Check last year. All the airlines started charging for extras. And they all had different prices. It was a nightmare and Princess stopped making it available. I just don't see where anything has changed from then until now.

I hope I'm wrong, but isn't that why they stopped the EZ Check last year. All the airlines started charging for extras. And they all had different prices. It was a nightmare and Princess stopped making it available. I just don't see where anything has changed from then until now.

Maybe so, but it worked out for us. Forgot to mention that the EZ Check folks got off the ship first! That was another plus.:D

We also just returned fromteh Star on June 7th. We had a small group of which most participated with the EZ check program. Many of them received over weight charges n their final bill....Since it is so late in the process there is no way to challenge the charges.

However, personally my luggage went through fine. With no extra charges.

I was very upset with Delta onthe initial trip, as I had a single bag to check, and at the terminal found it weighed in at 60 pounds. So I was charged $15 for the first bag, plus $90 for it being over weight, for a total of $115. A little excessive for having only checked one bag. I am a frequent flyer with Delta, and another passenger who had a higher status than I did, got charged nothing for a bag that weighed in at 60 lbs also.

I will be ripping up my Delta membership card and mailing it to them with my thoughts on their customer service.

Joe

Although this service is very convenient if you have tours planned on the last day or a late flight, it really limits your control of those extra charges.

So, if your bag weighs in at 51 lbs., you're automatically charged extra for it and you have no chance to re-pack or ask for it to be re-weighed. There have been many times when I've seen the airline agents put the tip of their foot on the scale or brush the scale as the luggage piece is being weighed. How do you know the scale they're using for EZ Check is reliable?

We travel with VERY full bags. On our last cruise in March, our bags weighed in at 49.5 lbs., 49 lbs. and 48 lbs. - that's how close we cut it. I don't think I'm willing to have someone else in control of those extra charges without me standing there watching them.

We also just returned fromteh Star on June 7th. We had a small group of which most participated with the EZ check program. Many of them received over weight charges n their final bill....Since it is so late in the process there is no way to challenge the charges.

However, personally my luggage went through fine. With no extra charges.

I was very upset with Delta onthe initial trip, as I had a single bag to check, and at the terminal found it weighed in at 60 pounds. So I was charged $15 for the first bag, plus $90 for it being over weight, for a total of $115. A little excessive for having only checked one bag. I am a frequent flyer with Delta, and another passenger who had a higher status than I did, got charged nothing for a bag that weighed in at 60 lbs also.

I will be ripping up my Delta membership card and mailing it to them with my thoughts on their customer service.

Joe

Joe

This happened to me also. I was alone and returning home from a long trip. The girl asked if I wanted to take some things out but with one suitcase where would I move anything?

Last year we had a gift exchange for a Meet and Great and in researching a cute gift I found a $10 scale on Magellans that I bought two of (one for the gift and one for us). Best $10 I ever spent! It's small and fits in the luggage and has saved us twice already from overweight charges.

Joe

Joe,

So your saying that Princess weighs the bags? I'm presumming that since it's on your final bill.

Wonder what they do if there is a conflict with the airlines scale?

And that could work either way.

John

I was on the Star Princess 5-24 thru 5-31. I asked at the pursers desk for this service and they told me they no longer do it. ?????

Maybe this guy was too lazy.

Linda

Or maybe they changed their minds after several chaotic weeks at Pier 91!

Archived