Video of chair hogs

Don Haynes

ooops...read that too fast. thought it was a video of chair HOT dogs. can't view the link at work. will check later. thanks! :)

That would be much more pleasant! ;)

Cool video, Don. Sad, but cool. I've never seen it that bad at that hour (it appeared to be 7:40 a.m.), but I understand the frustration. I typically pass through the pool deck around 8 a.m on my way to breakfast and see lots of chairs (I do not however save myself one at that point - I wait until after breakfast and there is still usually space for us). The problem really comes in the middle of the day and I have usually found myself a spot by then.

well i have been out there as early as 6am...not to hog up 2 chairs. but to dose off in the morning sea mist.

also...i managed to see the video via my cellphone. those chairs by the pool are the worst ones IMO. i can see how convenient it is to just get up and take a dip. personally i like to be back away from the action and watch people.

so far my favorite spot was the tiered levels on the Dawn. more room to walk if you had to get up for food/drink/swim/lavatory.

well i have been out there as early as 6am...not to hog up 2 chairs. but to dose off in the morning sea mist.

also...i managed to see the video via my cellphone. those chairs by the pool are the worst ones IMO. i can see how convenient it is to just get up and take a dip. personally i like to be back away from the action and watch people.

so far my favorite spot was the tiered levels on the Dawn. more room to walk if you had to get up for food/drink/swim/lavatory.

I agree. That's a really nice feature of the Dawn. I must admit I probably don't want the "most desired" chairs which may explain why I've never had a lot of difficulty. I usually want some shade. I like to be near the pool but back in a shady area, if possible. But I'll take a spot on one of those levels on the Dawn if I can get it.

That's just the strangest thing. I've taken 7 cruises, totalling 67 days....and I have never reserved a deck chair.

Stranger...I just realized I've never even SAT on a deck chair on a cruise ship.

I walk past them all the time, but never thought to sit. :confused:

That's just the strangest thing. I've taken 7 cruises, totalling 67 days....and I have never reserved a deck chair.

Stranger...I just realized I've never even SAT on a deck chair on a cruise ship.

I walk past them all the time, but never thought to sit. :confused:

technically you would be laying on them? as opposed to "sitting" on them. hehehehee...i'm such a looney bird! :D

Do you really take a dip when kids may have have been in there with TEA BAGS???:eek:

I dip. Unless I see something, I don't worry about it. Although I admit I prefer the Gem and Pearl for the adult pool. I also love the hot tub when I can get in. Loooooooooooove the spa - no kids!

I would have been so tempted to gather up everyone's items and move them to another location. :eek::p

I HAVE definitely done this, but only when there was no one much around, like in the early morning hours as in the viseo! But I never stayed around to see the expression on faces when they found their "stuff" unceremoniously dumped in a pile on the deck!!! ;) Yep..the devil made me do it!!

Maybe we should start a rebellion about chair hogs and throw all their items in the pool. That would give a clear message to the cruiselines "Do your work or we will and you'll get the problems".

Of course I am kidding but I really think that since no one creates a big problem out of this, cruiselines don't have to act... unfortunately.

I would have been so tempted to gather up everyone's items and move them to another location. :eek::p

I was waiting to see who was going to say that because that was my thoguth exactly. that woudl have causes so real mass confusion come 1:00 when they all actually showed up!

I dare some one to do that on their next cruise and report back in.:D

Saw the same thing early in the AM on our Sky trip last week. I was bad, and shuffled up stuff between what were obviously chairs set aside by couples. The devil made me do it.

Al

I do the same thing Al . I figure Im doing a community service . I know I shouldn't , but what the hell ;)

I was waiting to see who was going to say that because that was my thoguth exactly. that woudl have causes so real mass confusion come 1:00 when they all actually showed up!

I dare some one to do that on their next cruise and report back in.:D

love, LOVE, LOVE the new avatar!!!

I do the same thing Al . I figure Im doing a community service . I know I shouldn't , but what the hell ;)

I've moved stuff once, but not for a lounge chair. A group of kids had stuff on a bunch of chairs around a table and hadn't been back in at least an hour. We had a table with no chairs. So we put their stuff on their table and took all their chairs. When they came back another hour later, they looked confused for a split second and then proceeded to dry themselves off, picked their stuff up and left. Maybe there should be a place for people to leave their stuff when they are going to spend 2 hours in the hot tub?

Lowtyd,

*sigh*

I'm gonna need you to go ahead and move your belongings down to Deck 4...yeah...we're expecting some Platinum Latitudes so we're gonna need your Owner's Suite. So if you could just go ahead and head down to Deck 4 for that would be terrrrriiiifiiic...

*walks away*

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!

lowtyd,

*sigh*

i'm gonna need you to go ahead and move your belongings down to deck 4...yeah...we're expecting some platinum latitudes so we're gonna need your owner's suite. So if you could just go ahead and head down to deck 4 for that would be terrrrriiiifiiic...

*walks away*

thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!

rofl.

I also love the hot tub when I can get in. Loooooooooooove the spa - no kids!

Bbbbbbbbbut..... HUMAN SOUP is even worse. Some old feller was getting out and said, "look, all my dry skin and scabs are gone".:eek:

Archived