ship on a stick

DustFSU

Don't know why I want to know, I guess curious. How many ships on a stick do you own? I still haven't won one. I like to do all the trivia, but haven't won one yet. I am going to try this time around. Sailing in 31 days!!!!:)

Six. All from trivia. :o DH and I are filled with useless knowledge about obscure crap. :p

We have one from every ship we've sailed except the Miracle - that was our first cruise and we didn't know anything about them or attend many activities on that one!

Don't know why I want to know, I guess curious. How many ships on a stick do you own? I still haven't won one. I like to do all the trivia, but haven't won one yet. I am going to try this time around. Sailing in 31 days!!!!:)

I have a couple of them. One from a trivia contest and I forgot how I won the other. Some stunt I think. On one cruise Corey Schmidtt chose me to be in the first night show. For that he gave us, each one, a cheap bottle of sprarkling wine. It tasted pretty good though.

None yet.

Next cruise I'm cheating though. Now I know what they typically use for Trivia topics (ie TV Theme Songs), and know what to bone up on in advance.

One - from a cruise aboard the Destiny in 2000. At his port talk prior to our stop in St Thomas, our Cruise Director directed us to a certain gift shop there that sold battery powered toy turtles that, when wound up, moved their legs enabling them to swim (I'm sure the CD got a "cut of the action"). The following day, a "fun day at sea", a turtle race was held at the main pool. On my way to the pool, a bar waiter, seeing me carrying "Jerimiah", gave me in invaluable tip. Well, this tip gave my speedy entry an easy victory and the much coveted "ship on a stick", that still resides promently in our rec room for all to see.

We won 6 on the Fascination on the May 30th sailing. I won one on jeopardy. We won two doing trivia. We won three from sea fued. My four kids and I also won the Scavenger hunt, but we recieved medals instead of a ship on a stick. My DD19 was like are personal CD. She made sure we made every trivia, contest, and show. I'm not sure how much we would have accomplished without her leading us around:D.

We have three, one each from Paradise, Victory, and Liberty, and they are proudly displayed in the family room.

I am already anxious about how I am going to win a Ship on a Stick on Miracle in October. Leaving the ship without one is NOT an option. And I will do almost anything to bring one home!

I just want at least one in my life time. I some people are crazy about getting one. I play the games if I don't win I still have fun, no big deal. Some people have a lot more then I thought. You people must be really smart or you study before you go....LOL:D

I have three (Miracle, Liberty, and Glory) from Win Lose or Draw...Scategories...Mind Games Trivia. The only baot we've been on so far I didn't get one on was Fantasy back in the day. I was there for Chorus Competitions so no time for activities really. I also got a 2 medals... :D

I don't get it, what's the big deal about a ship on a stick?

They represent that fact that I won! (I am a very competitive gal...my Mah Jongg group can vouch for that!)

I also enjoy looking at them as I relax and watch TV. They take me back to the cruises.

I have 4 or 5. One from the Fantasy (trivia, I think), two or three from the Celebration (trivia, talent show, and I think hubby got one for doing the getting-to-know you activity on the first night), and I just got one last month from the Glory (door decorating contest).

I wish now that I had tried to win one on the Miracle, because I'd love to have a little fleet of them that represents all the Carnival ships I've sailed.

Archived