Refund from Princess for Natural History Tour

Pearl64

With 2 nights at Denali Princess, also realize you can easily do the shuttle buses as well.

Be aware that going in May, especially if before the very last few days is going to get you very limited access into the Park. Ideally, you need to look at June of later for Denali Park. The TWT is not available until about the last week. I would just take the shuttle to Toklat.

Our full day in Denali is 30 May so hoping all tours/shuttles are open. We lived in Anchorage for 6 years and understand that Denali tours/shuttles may not totally open in early to mid May. We are considering the shuttle to Toklat as a posssibility.

Do have a question. In your reply to mringenoldus - "You could see if a TWT is available. Cost is $60pp".

Where can I find that price? The price I found was $104.35 pp adult. I like you price better.

I believe the poster is referring to the price difference if changing from NHT to TWT using the Princess website.

However, I don't see whay we would want to pay $149 for TWT, when the park service offers it for $104.35.

I am going to look into canceling our NHT and booking straight with the park service. It's worth a try.

If that fails, I plan to cancel the NHT and take the shuttle to Tolkat.

I believe the poster is referring to the price difference if changing from NHT to TWT using the Princess website.

However, I don't see whay we would want to pay $149 for TWT, when the park service offers it for $104.35.

I am going to look into canceling our NHT and booking straight with the park service. It's worth a try.

Thanks - I never thought about it being the difference between the two Princess tours. The 2009 price for shuttle to Toklat is only approx $24 and kids under 14 or 15 are free. That's a big difference betwee the narrarated TWT and park shuttle. I would guess that 2010 prices wouldn't be too much more.

Our full day in Denali is 30 May so hoping all tours/shuttles are open. We lived in Anchorage for 6 years and understand that Denali tours/shuttles may not totally open in early to mid May. We are considering the shuttle to Toklat as a posssibility.

Do have a question. In your reply to mringenoldus - "You could see if a TWT is available. Cost is $60pp".

Where can I find that price? The price I found was $104.35 pp adult. I like you price better.

The $60 is the upgrade fee from the NHT. In your timeframe, ONLY the Toklat shuttle bus is available. Eielson doesn't open until June 1.

Where is the $149 price coming from????

Verify that the NHT can be canceled and refunded. There have been recent reports it was nonrefundable.

Archived