bumped out of handicapped cabin?

Our PVP called and moved us to a handicapped cabin in the same category that we had because it has a much larger balcony. I have no problem getting bumped from this cabin if it is needed by a disabled party. My question now is if we get bumped do we have any say in what cabin you end up in (I know it will at least be the same category) like in what location on the ship? How do you find out if youve been bumped do you get a call? There arent too many cabins left in our category (we sail in 1 month) and was curious if we'd just get stuck with whatever location is left or if you get bumped do you at least get bumped up a category?

They probably wouldnt bump you this close to your cruise, but if they bump you, they can move you to any cabin that is at least the same category as the HC cabin you are in. No, you really dont have any say as you are in a HC cabin that you dont need.

Our PVP called and moved us to a handicapped cabin in the same category that we had because it has a much larger balcony. I have no problem getting bumped from this cabin if it is needed by a disabled party. My question now is if we get bumped do we have any say in what cabin you end up in (I know it will at least be the same category) like in what location on the ship? How do you find out if youve been bumped do you get a call? There arent too many cabins left in our category (we sail in 1 month) and was curious if we'd just get stuck with whatever location is left or if you get bumped do you at least get bumped up a category?

If you originally requested a specific cabin, got it assigned and THEN were moved you should have the option to choose your new cabin in the same category.

:)

If you originally requested a specific cabin, got it assigned and THEN were moved you should have the option to choose your new cabin in the same category.

:)

My friend got a quad balcony for the two of them and was moved without her consent. It could be there wasnt a cabin left that was as mid ship as the one they got moved out of, but they werent given a choice.

Since the OP is 30 days from sailing, Id say the point is probably moot anyway this close in.

This just happened to me last week. I had originally got a HC suite on the Freedom last August when it was the only suite left. I got the call and was able to bring up the deck plan and pick the exact cabin. I does stink (as the HC suite on the Freedom is 450sq, bigger than a Penthouse) but I knew that I probably would be moved.

This just happened to me last week. I had originally got a HC suite on the Freedom last August when it was the only suite left. I got the call and was able to bring up the deck plan and pick the exact cabin. I does stink (as the HC suite on the Freedom is 450sq, bigger than a Penthouse) but I knew that I probably would be moved.

How far out from your cruise when you got the call?

If a handicapped person needs a cabin you can be bumped up until a few days before sailing. If this happens you will be given another cabin in the same or a higher category.

I would not consider myself safe until 3 days prior to sailing.

Archived