Assistance needed setting up CC meet up

pomm1972

We are sailing 7/19 on the Legend. I was looking through a Caper and noticed a CC meet up listed. How can this be set up? I cruised with a large group from CC over 6 years ago and Carnival would do nothing for us. Now I understand a possibly. So Vets I need some help here.

You can ask John Heald via his blog to set one up for you or send an e-mail to the cruise director on your ship. We've done this and there was a lounge set aside for us to use. There was no charge and there was a bar waiter/waitress to get drinks if anyone wanted to buy one. It was set up for about an hour.

Just off the Liberty May 30th sailing and we had a meet and greet. You contact the wedding department. We choose the 1 hour. Carnival gave us a private lounge, they put a sign up saying private party. They had servers already with champange poured and bartenders ready for our orders. One hour open bar was $11.44/person with dry snacks. Well worth it. It has to be paid up front. One of the ladies on our roll call gave us her email, we then emailed her with our email and she sent us her address. We sent her a check. You can get 2 hours for like $20. Good luck with your meet and greet.

How do you find John Heald's blog?

I've coordinated a Meet & Greet on the Freedom, July 5th @ 3:00 at the pizzeria. I had asked the group if they wanted the hour open bar option - and didn't pan out. So I checked the Capers to see when there would be a time with little going on -- and checked the ship's floor plans to find a place that I thought would work. It looks like there will be a nice size group planning to come. It would be so nice for John to come, too. Thanks for the info.

Happy sailing ~~~~~~~~

Don't know if I'm willing to put $$$ up front with only 26 days left. Besides, not sure how many would actually make it. Our board is not as active as the last group I was involved in and of those people we were lucky if 1/2 showed up.

If you want "a room" for an official meet and greet posted in the Capers....

you simply go to the Purser's Desk when you get onboard to see what they have available.

Generally, the piano bar is free during the day for an hour. This costs you nothing. If you have enough people to justify, sometimes they will also open up the bar IF someone wants to buy a drink.

IF you want to go a little further, we have also hired the piano bar guy for an hour of entertainment ($50.00).

HOWEVER, on 90% of the cruises we have been on....we just say...

Meet at the AFT Lido pool at 2:30pm on the day you board and have a little get together from 2:30pm until Muster Drill. This gives everyone time to put a name to a face....and folks can pop in and out as they wish.

.....you can call the Carnival wedding department and set up a cocktail hour (or two). One or two hour open bar with dry snacks is $12/$20. If you want hot/cold appetizers, they will cost more.

:)

wasiii

How do you find John Heald's blog?

I've coordinated a Meet & Greet on the Freedom, July 5th @ 3:00 at the pizzeria. I had asked the group if they wanted the hour open bar option - and didn't pan out. So I checked the Capers to see when there would be a time with little going on -- and checked the ship's floor plans to find a place that I thought would work. It looks like there will be a nice size group planning to come. It would be so nice for John to come, too. Thanks for the info.

Happy sailing ~~~~~~~~

http://johnhealdsblog.com/

Archived