?'s about cabana's at half moon cay

andychris

Hi all, Just off the Fascination this morning. We booked cabana #9 as soon as we got on board at 11:45 am. The shore excursion desk was already open and I was told I was the first person to request one (I was later told that they sold all of them for the day....yeah me!)

We were given a ticket with our cabana number hand written on it but told nothing about priority tender until I asked. One guy told us to go to the Palace Lounge at 7:45 and the other said to show up on Deck 3 at 8. We went to the lounge and left with everyone else who had booked an early shore excursion. We were on the first tender.

We walked off the tender and gave our ticket to the woman at the information booth. She called a driver to take us to our cabana.....good thing because it's not a short walk to #9 and higher.

The location was great! We were in the water by 8:30. #9 does not have a lot of shade but by early afternoon none of the cabanas were in the shade anyway. With the misting fan the shade was not that important. The sun did not ever reach in to the cabana any further than the chaise lounges on the porch...the table and chairs stayed shaded all day.

The cabanas are much closer together than I imagined. #9 and #11 are not far apart at all....but still plenty private.

Any other questions? I'll be happy to help.

You said # 9 and 11 are close together, is there a # 10? I know you said none of the cabanas had shade in the afternoon, was there any that had more shade than the others? Did you get a ride back to the tender? was it a long walk to the lunch buffet? Were there trays to carry the food back to your cabana? thanks

You said # 9 and 11 are close together, is there a # 10? I know you said none of the cabanas had shade in the afternoon, was there any that had more shade than the others? Did you get a ride back to the tender? was it a long walk to the lunch buffet? Were there trays to carry the food back to your cabana? thanks

Yes, there is a #10. We did not get a ride back to the village to catch the tender. Walking it once wasn't too bad...we walked in the water where it was cooler. It wasn't the distance so much as the heat...just too hot away from the water to want to walk much.

The lunch buffet was not too far, just kind of tricky to find. It's very cleverly laid out so that each eating area is kind of private. They each hold about 10 picnic tables and are very comfortable with lots of greenery to keep it cool.

Yes there were trays, but honestly we decided not to walk back to the cabana to eat because of the heat....take some of your drinks with you and eat there. The line for drinks is really long at the buffet.

I've posted some pictures of #9 and the area. The third picture shows #10 and #11, #9 is immediately to the right (just out of the shot).

DSCI0363.jpg.a8999cc6b1165d0304b211056bb6c842.jpg

100_1101.jpg.2b4e9fea5e48906ceaacfa3c20879885.jpg

100_1108.jpg.00e6f03a461b972b5eed66bda36fba16.jpg

100_1109.jpg.bb3184c7d53611190fc23a41bdef8254.jpg

We were just on HMC last week, I didn't see any umbrella's at all. We rented the cabana, (on Carnival $225) it was the best money I have spent it was fantastic. We had #9 eggshell, hardly any crowds down near us so we had alot of water with very few people

We just booked # 10 green. From what I have read, I think it has a fair amount of shade . We would like shade. Can anyone verify?

Thank you :)

If you look at the pictures I posted a few messages up, #10 is the green cabana in the third picture. I would say #11 has more shade but after noon the sun shines from the front so none of them are really shaded any longer.

However, the sun never really made it all the way in to the cabana, the table and chairs stayed shaded all day.

With the mister you don't need shade to stay cool....just to prevent sunburn.

Oh yeah, reapply that sunscreen all day long. Lots of people on our cruise got burnt.

Thanks Burchrod. I will be sure to apply the sunscreen. Couple years ago at Grand Turk I didn't think I needed any because it was overcast. Only outside for about and hour and I looked like a lobster :eek:

Reading about the cabanas, it sounds like the rental is for the duration of the day/time the ship is at HMC. Other threads indicate there is a time limit on the cabanas (although no island was mentioned by name). Is the HMC rental (from Carnival) for the day? Thanks in advance!

Reading about the cabanas, it sounds like the rental is for the duration of the day/time the ship is at HMC. Other threads indicate there is a time limit on the cabanas (although no island was mentioned by name). Is the HMC rental (from Carnival) for the day? Thanks in advance!

yes, it's for the whole day

• 2 weeks later...
Your best choices would be 1-5. Taupe, Blue, Turquoise, Orange or Sky Blue.

Thanks! That's what I thought I remembered. I've been to HMC once and we had Cabana #2/ blue

Thanks again!

JoAnn

The private oasis is off to the left when you get off of the tender. I believe the cabanas are all of the way down the beach. No where near each other.

Do a search because I have seen some pictures on these boards.

Hope this helps

Guest LoveMyBoxer

I am thinking of renting one of these next year for the Carnival Miracle. Our 10 year old DS loves to spend most of his time in the water. Are any of these better to keep an eye on him, of would my view be obstructed by people in front. How far are them from the water. thank you

Here's some photos from our cabana - it will give you an idea of how far from the water. The farther down the beach you go (we had cabana 11 - there are 15), the less crowded the beach. We had no problem keeping an eye on our sons in the water - they're 13 and 9.

GEDC1204.jpg.02ece274b8f1bf62f4af09e1ed2b5f05.jpg

GEDC1214.jpg.22fe577459b65913c1ae7dc628de10ed.jpg

We were on the Pride last week. On HMC last tues. It was beautiful but hot. We were VIP and I was 2nd in line at the desk. I reserved #11 and it was great. the 1st 2 hours there weren't many people near our cabana but as it started getting really crowded at the beginning of the beach they stated getting closer and eventually all the chairs and clamschells near us were taken. No one moved their chairs in front of our cabana but when we were in the water a couple came up and used our shower. If you are on Carnival if you are not VIP(which is zone one no matter when you arrive) you better get there early and be in zone two to have a chance of getting one. Since there are only 15, if alot of VIPs want them you might be out of luck. 9-15 are pretty close together. It really isn't that much farther from 15 to the food then it is from 9. Most all the porches were in sun by lunch time but the inside of the cabana was shady all day. we spent alot of time in the water so we probably would have been fine with a clamschell. Reapply your sunsreen. Lots of burned people on the tender back!

Thanks to all of you for the info on the Cabanas, I just booked one Red number 14, sounds like I made a good decesion found this thread after I booked, there were only 3 left I did not know the placing of the cabanas I took Red because it is my favorite color, very excited about going here.

Thanks,

Thanks to all of you for the info on the Cabanas, I just booked one Red number 14, sounds like I made a good decesion found this thread after I booked, there were only 3 left I did not know the placing of the cabanas I took Red because it is my favorite color, very excited about going here.

Thanks,

I have one word of advice for you, ENJOY.

Archived