Anybody fresh off of the Ecstasy?

thelmalou

We sail on the next 5-day. Would love to get a previewof the Capers. Who is the Cruise Director? Any reviews?

She was late coming in today so it may be a little while before you get a response. She just pulled out at around 8:00 pm.

She was late coming in today so it may be a little while before you get a response. She just pulled out at around 8:00 pm.

uh oh. I hope they learned some lessons from previous late arrivals like having something for people to eat and drink and trying to provide some shade for people while they are waiting.

Bill

I am sailing on the 30th of July..just wondering who the CD is and how they were..anything in your opinion that should not be missed? Our cruise is just the 4 day.."mom's just want to have fun" cruise..(mom's getaway)...How was the food? Is there a Filipino band playing anywhere?

There are a number of threads about Steve and how much people like him. Personally, I did not care for him at all. There were some things that were nerdy, and one thing I found quite offensive.

Nerdy - During the Newlywed Game, there were a number of couples to choose from and he chose by saying "Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Minkle"....and then went on to rhyme with tinkle, etc. Just sort of juvenile to me.

Offensive - Steve plays the fiddle or something and juggles, though I did not go to any of those shows. During the disembarkation talk, he was discussing what a great dressing room he had - between two of the dancers dressing rooms. He bragged about putting holes in the walls so he could get a good look. What???? That's just creepy!

Brenda

I am sailing on the 30th of July..just wondering who the CD is and how they were..anything in your opinion that should not be missed? Our cruise is just the 4 day.."mom's just want to have fun" cruise..(mom's getaway)...How was the food? Is there a Filipino band playing anywhere?

We thought the food was pretty good - better than our last Carnival cruise. The boys pretty much lived in the soft serve line and we really loved the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. We didn't go to many shows on this cruise. We were mostly interested in relaxing and visiting with our boys who are home from college. We did see the adult comedy show and it was okay, just not my cup of tea. I usually love the comedy shows and I have Blue Collar on in my car all the time. This lady just relied too much on graphic sex motions for my taste. We also went to another comedy show that was pretty good. The guy had CP and made fun of himself a little too much, but he did have some funny stuff.

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I hope you had a great cruise! I have a quick question if you don't mind?

Is there still a separate key for the cabin, or do you use your Sail n Sign card? We are going to do some "switching" and it's a lot easier if there is a separate key.

Sailing 8-8-09, hope the propulsion problem is fixed by then, I don't think I want to be just floating in the gulf in Hurricane Season:eek:

Thanks,

Debbie

There are a number of threads about Steve and how much people like him. Personally, I did not care for him at all. There were some things that were nerdy, and one thing I found quite offensive.

Nerdy - During the Newlywed Game, there were a number of couples to choose from and he chose by saying "Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Minkle"....and then went on to rhyme with tinkle, etc. Just sort of juvenile to me.

Offensive - Steve plays the fiddle or something and juggles, though I did not go to any of those shows. During the disembarkation talk, he was discussing what a great dressing room he had - between two of the dancers dressing rooms. He bragged about putting holes in the walls so he could get a good look. What???? That's just creepy!

Brenda

That was offensive? Really? I could see it as something that you didn't care for. I think we have all been to a comedy show and a joke hit way to close to home. But how you explained it is not really offensive.

Hi Brenda,

I hope you had a great cruise! I have a quick question if you don't mind?

Is there still a separate key for the cabin, or do you use your Sail n Sign card? We are going to do some "switching" and it's a lot easier if there is a separate key.

Sailing 8-8-09, hope the propulsion problem is fixed by then, I don't think I want to be just floating in the gulf in Hurricane Season:eek:

Thanks,

Debbie

Our Sail & Sign card was also our room key. We did not ask, but on previous cruises we have asked for extra room keys and they were provided. We do that when we are traveling with large groups. I also hope the propulsion problem is fixed. Our port times were much shorter than Fantasy's on this trip and it made for some difficulties. For example, the ruins excursions in Cozumel were cancelled because of the lack of time.

Brenda

We were on Ecstacy last October and were the last run out of Bayport before she returned to Galveston. As she was late coming in, we were late leaving. CCL provided Jason's Deli sandwiches and bottled water while we were waiting to board, since we werent allowed on the ship till almost 6 pm. We left around 8. Muster was held the next morning. Steve Kassel , the CD,was one of the highlights of the the ship. He said a few jokes and things that may be construed as ribald, but never anything we took offense to. The food was great, service outstanding and basically great cruise.

Yes, lappy, I do find it offensive for the CD to brag about being a peeping tom. I have grown daughters and I would be a raging mama bear if someone drilled holes in the wall to watch them dress and undress.

Brenda

It's a grownup world out there and comedy is what it is. You got to be able to take a joke. If someon actually is a peeping tom, that would be different.

I liked Steve and I did bother to see him play the fiddle. It's the Texas show which I thought was very entertaining for cruise ship level.

Yes, lappy, I do find it offensive for the CD to brag about being a peeping tom. I have grown daughters and I would be a raging mama bear if someone drilled holes in the wall to watch them dress and undress.

Brenda

It was a joke.........

Archived