Club O2 registration is same time as dinner!

MomofBoyz

HELP! We are cruising with teens and have about 2 rules. Rule #1 is dinner together. Problem is, on night #1, dinner is same time as rollout/register for our kids. Is there another time they could sign up or, does the registration last throughout the night?

Anyone know? My kids plan to do a lot with O2 but dinner is priority one if we can pull it off.

Thanks!

HELP! We are cruising with teens and have about 2 rules. Rule #1 is dinner together. Problem is, on night #1, dinner is same time as rollout/register for our kids. Is there another time they could sign up or, does the registration last throughout the night?

Anyone know? My kids plan to do a lot with O2 but dinner is priority one if we can pull it off.

Thanks!

I would not do dinner that night as the first night at O2 is very important. Kids that show up later seem to on the outside looking in. Do the Lido that night. BTW the first night is usually time to be a bit late as everyone shows up a few minutes early and it gets crowded.

I had this same issue in March. We went by the dining room in the afternoon, where the menu for dinner was posted. My kids decided what they wanted to order then, to give themselves a few extra minutes. I put their order in for them, and by the time they got to the dining room, their appetizers were arriving at the table.

I actually had one in O2 and one in Circle C. I had papers to fill out at Circle C, but I didn't need to do anything for O2. DD did everything herself, and they gave her a sticker to put on her S&S card. She hung out a few minutes, met a few kids, then came on to dinner. After that, she met back up with them for whatever activity they were doing that night.

Although I think they could register later, I do recommend that your kids go to the first meeting. It's a really good way to make some new friends quickly, and at least be able to spot them later, whether in planned activities or just out and about.

See if you can do some of the pre-registration online via carnival . com to save yourself some time. We did on the Freedom earlier this month with a couple younger kids. Yeah, you will need to print it out and present it at the time they specified, but you will won't have to sit there and fill out the forms.

Joe

Please don't stress.....

the "sign up" is not a huge orientation like Camp Carnival.

They simply check the child's name against the manifest to make sure they are in the correct age grouping and put a sticker on his Sail and Sign card.

IF for some reason you can not make it at 8pm, you can sign them up any time that Club O2 is open.

This is all really helpful. I love the idea of checking the menu in advance and then ordering. However, as I look at the O2 Capers, most of the fun stuff is right around 8 or 9 which is dinner time.

I guess we could go with anytime dining....YUCK. I reallyl love having the same wait team and table waiting for us. Early seating won't work for us with the day in Nassau.

It's just going to be a comprimise. Dinner in the DR is a special treat.

Any other tips that might help would be appreciated!-

Thanks!

One suggestion would be to change to ANYTImE if it available for your ship. We had late dining on our last sailing and my CircleC fanatic hated late dining. It interfered most nights with activities. I don't know about O2 but from reading the boards, most activities for teens are evenings so I'm guessing the same. If your #1 rule is dinner together, then dinner time is a problem.

They don't tell families that if you plan to eat together that late seating can be an issue - but I always try to let other parents know because my son loves his activities. He left our last night on our last cruise to attend an ice cream eatting contest with two melting cakes in his hands because he did not have time for dessert (The waiter was VERY sweet and brought him them early because he knew he was leaving by 8:45). I think the rest of the table was just getting main courses.

It takes 5 minutes to sign up and our night to sign up - activities started later so they were not allowed to hangout during sign up.

I think I'll just keep it as is, let the boys dash into O2, register, meet us to eat dinner and then be on their way.

Sitting down to dinner in the DR is big for us. We intend to let our kids have a good bit of freedom and they are planning on doing the O2 club for a good bit of it. If nothing else, dinner will be one of our "head count" moments....several per day!

I think I'll just keep it as is, let the boys dash into O2, register, meet us to eat dinner and then be on their way.

Sitting down to dinner in the DR is big for us. We intend to let our kids have a good bit of freedom and they are planning on doing the O2 club for a good bit of it. If nothing else, dinner will be one of our "head count" moments....several per day!

We are the same way.....regardless of what went on during the day....dinner time was for family. Every once in a while, the boys would eat dinner with Camp Carnival...but 90% of the time...they were with us come mealtime..

I am traveling with my 16DD for her Sweet Sixteen. We faced the same problems with dinner time and O2. After looking at the Capers here on CC we decided on Early Dining. While it might interfere with one port, late dining would interfere with activities almost every night at O2.

Since dinner is a "must do together" activity we switched to early dining and are going to go to the Supper Club for her birthday on the one late port day.

Hope it all works out for you.

Aloha,

Kathy

Thanks!

Us adults stopped in Club O2 while checking out the ship. The lady in there gave us the forms to fill out.

Thanks!

Let the kids go register themselves. You guys go ahead to the dining room. The kids can always grab a bite later on Lido. They might just want to hang awhile at the Club without parents for a bit.

It's perfectly safe.....

Let the kids go register themselves. You guys go ahead to the dining room. The kids can always grab a bite later on Lido. They might just want to hang awhile at the Club without parents for a bit.

It's perfectly safe.....

Don't know about the ship the original poster is going to be on but the first day registration required a parent to stop in and register the child. I had to sign a clip board of some sort for the sticker to be put on my DD sail & sign card.

We are going to be on Sensation. I've looked at the Capers for O2 and I think it will work out to keep late dining....just so tricky. There is NO WAY for us to make the early seating on our day in Nassau. Since we only have 3 nights in the DR, we are set to stick with all three in the DR.

I did consider anytime and guess I might have to think about that again. We just really love the whole wait staff being the same and having our table waiting for just us.

In the end, we'll just have to decide what matters the most and sacrifice the rest. Either way, it will be fine.

Main thing is that I try to handle stuff like this so i don't have to waste time in the "Dining Inquiries" line.

There is NO WAY for us to make the early seating on our day in Nassau. Since we only have 3 nights in the DR, we are set to stick with all three in the DR.

On our cruise on the Triumph in May our stop in Nassau was til 2am... I think the Sensation is til 6 or 7am? The reason for asking is we went to our late dining time at 8pm only to find out they were doing "anytime dining" and only our dining room was open. We could have went anytime between 6 and 9:30 or so. It was not crowded and now I understand why. They figured (quite rightly) that many would eat off the ship that night. You might want to inquire if this is the case with the Sensation. I would hate for you to being "rushing" back to the ship only to find it's the anytime dining.

That is a good point also. I've done this cruise 2 times and the night we're in Nassau is formal night so it has seemed that everyone does come back for Formal Night (elegant night). You might be right....it could be that they will only have anytime that night. I will ask and thanks for thinking of that.

Even though the boat is in port overnight, we won't get to the beach until around 2. We will get off right at noon with any luck, hit the market and then take the jitney to Cable Beach. Since we're paying for a day room, we plan to stay AT LEAST 4 hours and then there's the ride back and so forth. Best case scenario would be to get back on by 6:30 and then there's showers and such. We don't want to rush.

For 2 of the three nights, early seating works but on the night in Nassau, no.

Club O2 better be awesome!

Don't know about the ship the original poster is going to be on but the first day registration required a parent to stop in and register the child. I had to sign a clip board of some sort for the sticker to be put on my DD sail & sign card.

Parents aren't required to sign for Club 02. The kids are old enough to do that themselves....... Other camps, yes...but not for the older teens.

For 2 of the three nights, early seating works but on the night in Nassau, no.

Club O2 better be awesome!

Another thought... A little sneaky I think - is to do early seating and after the first night request late seating which would be the next 2 nights. I think that late seating is easier to get than early. Just a thought.

Hmmmmm....never thought about that.

I guess that's another plan to consider. I'll bet that the demand for late seating does thin out.

We usually request a table for 2 when traveling without our darlings (16/20... lol) and while waiting our turn we heard most people requesting early seating from late seating.

Archived