Question about Chops and Portofino's

Do Chops and Portofino's serve lobster on nights other than the night on which the MDR serves it? And is there an extra fee in addition to the specialty restaurant surcharge like those on Carnival?

Do Chops and Portofino's serve lobster on nights other than the night on which the MDR serves it? And is there an extra fee in addition to the specialty restaurant surcharge like those on Carnival?

I can't answer the lobster questions but I can say that both restaurants have a $25/pp fee (well worth it!!)

Neither has lobster tail on their menus....there is a lobster dish in one of the restaurants (I can't remember which) but it's not a tail, like in the MDR.

Yes, the fee is $20-25 per person (and that includes the tip)

Chops and Portofino have a fixed menu so they serve the same meals every day.

As far as I remember. Chops does not have lobster on the menu. Portofino's does have a seafood skewer which has 'some' lobster on it, and I think they also serve a lobster bisque.

My opinion, if you are just going for lobster, don't bother. They DO have some wonderful meal however.

Aww, I was actually planning to have lobster in the MDR one night and then lobster again in Chops/Portofino's the other night. Oh well...the menu for Portofino's looks quite good. I might just try it. Thanks to all who cared to reply to my noob question!

Actually, the cheaper Portofinos has a more attractive menu, IMHO.

We prefer Porto also but I always get the filet mignon there anyhow. I tried the Chops 10-oz filet in the MDR for $14.95 in May-Serenade (order from MDR waiter) and it was way better than the mediocre standard MDR steaks.

Happy Dining

Archived