sidney to lax

fhcfac

we will be returning to LAX following a LAX-Sidney cruise in February and need help planning a one-way business class flight. One passenger is in a wheelchair so the fewer connections the better. Should we purchase a two way and just use half? The cost seems less this way. Thank you for any help. FAC

I have found that when you try to buy a Qantas ticket one way, the cost is the same as a return. Sometimes, it is cheaper to buy a return ticket and not use one of the sectors. Have you looked at V airlines which is Virgin and is very cheap at the moment for flights between Sydney and L.A. http://www.vaustralia.com.au/?CMP=KNC-gdestau&HBX_PK=los+angeles+airline&HBX_OU=50

Jennie

If you look at one of the on-line TA's (I used Cheapo) and put in SYD to LAX - one way for February in business they show from $2600 to $3600.

I'm not too sure if the cost is less, but you might want to check JetStar SYD - HNL, and then fly one way HNL - LAX. We are flying JetStar's business class this November, and it's costing $675 each, and the HNL - LAX leg is about $1,000.

In case you didn't know, Jetstar is our budget airline and their star class won't be as luxurious as some other business class.

Yes, I realize that. It's better than flying allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll that way in economy, though! :D

We too are using Jetstar in December when we fly home from the U.S. after a Transatlantic trip. We too are going in their Business Class and I am sure it beats economy on most other airlines, plus we do get food included and are allowed a larger luggage allowance. For a day flight home, I think it is very reasonable though as we are flying out of the U.S., we had to pay for our flight in U.S. currency so the price is not as cheap as if you were flying one way from Sydney or Melbourne.

Jennie

We are flying JetStar's business class ...
In case you didn't know, Jetstar is our budget airline and their star class won't be as luxurious as some other business class.
We too are going in their Business Class ...
StarClass isn't (longhaul) business class by any stretch of the imagination. It's more comparable to premium economy.

I would recommend to have a look at V Australia.

They have competitive pricing and the food & service is fantastic.

A direct flight is just under 14 hours, but if you have a late night flight out of Sydney, the good thing is that you will hopefully be able to sleep through most of the flight.

Archived