Lago Mar Resort- anybody stay here?

sunrse1014

Hi All

I was wondering if anybody has stayed here? I was thinking of staying here two nights before our cruise in Sept on Carnival Freedom.

I have a reservation at the Embassy Suites right now but I came across this place and it looks beautiful.

I liked the idea of staying at Embassy Suites and being close to everything.

I also like the idea of being on the beach for two days at the Lago Mar.

Of course the Lago Mar is more expensive but it is on the beach and I would expect it to be.. It doesn't include breakfast or the manager's reception as the Embassy Suites includes.

We are going to be there for two full days before hand and I am just wondering if there will be enough to do if I don't stay on the beach.

thanks for all your help in advance

dawn

Hi All

I was wondering if anybody has stayed here? I was thinking of staying here two nights before our cruise in Sept on Carnival Freedom.

I have a reservation at the Embassy Suites right now but I came across this place and it looks beautiful.

Of course the Lago Mar is more expensive but it is on the beach and I would expect it to be.. It doesn't include breakfast or the manager's reception as the Embassy Suites includes.

We are going to be there for two full days before hand and I am just wondering if there will be enough to do if I don't stay on the beach.

dawn

The Embassy Suites cannot even begin to compare with the Lago Mar. The Lago Mar is a beautiful beach resort in a great oceanfront location.

The Embassy Suites is on a busy street.

Stay at the Lago Mar.

Hi All

dawn

I've stayed at Lago Mar many times and it's a wonderful resort if you like the beach, it also has two very nice pool areas. I believe you can also take the water taxi if you won't have a car to get to dinner, etc. Lago Mar does have a nice restaurant that I have only had lunch in. Great place to unwind before your cruise. Enjoy

Definitely go with the Lago Mar. We really enjoy it. It is nice and relaxing and we really appreciate the property includng the lovely beach area. You can sit on the beach and even see the cruise ships as they make their way to and from the port.

Keith

All of you are great with responding to my question. I so appreciate it!!

Did everybody take a cab to go to the grocery and liquor store or did you rent a car for the day and check things out?

Lago Mar is an okay hotel but a bit pricey for a 4* hotel. There are 5* hotels that will run the same price or better on some travel sites. Do some searching online to find your best resort and location.

We are cruising out of FLL but decided to stay at the 5* Trump in Sunny Isles for the beach/pool and we can walk to Publix and liquor store, etc. The Atlantic in FLL also has some good prices right now.

Try some of the travel sites that give several quotes for one hotel." I like to kayak". Good Luck.:)

Lago Mar is an okay hotel but a bit pricey for a 4* hotel. There are 5* hotels that will run the same price or better on some travel sites. Do some searching online to find your best resort and location.

We are cruising out of FLL but decided to stay at the 5* Trump in Sunny Isles for the beach/pool and we can walk to Publix and liquor store, etc. The Atlantic in FLL also has some good prices right now.

Try some of the travel sites that give several quotes for one hotel." I like to kayak". Good Luck.:)

We have found the pricing at Lago Mar to be fine.

I don't think of the Lago Mar as 4 or 5 star.

I think of Lago Mar as being a family run hotel located in a nice quiet residential area on nice property with a great setting. I am not a big beach person yet I really like the beach and the views from the resort.

It's great that there is choice in hotels. Lago Mar is not for everyone but it has served us well over the years and we have great memories from our stays there.

Keith

The Trump loses its sun after about 1PM depending upon the time of year. Also, inspect your room before you accept it. Some rooms in the hotel are just dumps.

• 2 weeks later...

DH and I stay at the Lago Mar each year for 3 nights pre-cruise and each time it just keeps getting better. We grab a coffee early in the morning (very early lol as we are use to getting up at 5 AM) and head out to the rocks right there at the end of the beach and watch the ships come into the port right in front of us. The ships are so close you can see the people in the rooms or on the balconies. The beach here is absolutely gorgeous and so are the grounds. They are kept pristine and the service is first class. We generally rent a car as we like to wander around las olas blvd and sometimes just ride the beach up to Boca Raton. Publix and the Liquor store are right over the 17th st bridge. You can take a cab there easy enough. Usually while we are over there we have lunch at Gators, this place is great for a casual lunch or dinner. We will back there in January for a B2B on the Independence, cannot wait!

Enjoy!

Sandy

DH and I stay at the Lago Mar each year for 3 nights pre-cruise and each time it just keeps getting better. We grab a coffee early in the morning (very early lol as we are use to getting up at 5 AM) and head out to the rocks right there at the end of the beach and watch the ships come into the port right in front of us. The ships are so close you can see the people in the rooms or on the balconies. The beach here is absolutely gorgeous and so are the grounds. They are kept pristine and the service is first class. We generally rent a car as we like to wander around las olas blvd and sometimes just ride the beach up to Boca Raton. Publix and the Liquor store are right over the 17th st bridge. You can take a cab there easy enough. Usually while we are over there we have lunch at Gators, this place is great for a casual lunch or dinner. We will back there in January for a B2B on the Independence, cannot wait!

Enjoy!

Sandy

Thanks Sandy! I believe we will be staying here before our cruise. You guys all have been wonderful answering my questions. I love this board!

We love the Lago Mar. We will be staying there again following our cruise in March. I have a few photos in my Webshots albums. The link below is to our Solstice cruise. The photos are on page 5. There are also a few in my Navigator album.

2771139050092368476mKriGo_th.jpg

Archived