Things that make you go hmmm ie:ES bookings

I also booked ES and was informed about non refundable deposit and all the future credit if cancelled. we are on the ship we want the Dream and the date we want we are going hell and high water so no plans on having to cancel. It would have to be very bad for me to cancel so if it is that bad i don't think I will be worried about the $500.

I think when booking anything you should always ask cancellation if you don't it is your own fault.

Maybe this will help everyone.....

What is Early Saver?spacer.gifEarly Saver is a brand new promotional rate that rewards you for booking early with the absolute lowest rate. In addition, the fares are backed by a unique price protection assurance. Book your cruise now. If you later find a lower Carnival advertised fare for the same sailing and accommodations, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable, non-transferable onboard credit. The policy is effective up to two business days prior to sailing. You now have even more great reasons to book early! Not only will you have the best availability of staterooms, dates, and destinations…you’re assured the lowest rate.

• How early must I make my reservation?

Early Saver is available up to 3 months prior to sailing on short cruises (5 days or shorter) and up to 5 months prior to sailing on long cruises (6 days or greater).

• How do I make an Early Saver reservation?

Contact your Travel Agent, your Personal Vacation Planner, call 1-800- Carnival or visit www.Carnival.com.

• Does Early Saver follow Carnival’s standard deposit, payment and cancellation terms?

The deposit and payment terms are the same. However, Early Saver reservations require a full non-refundable deposit per person.

• What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

• What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

• What is a Carnival advertised fare?

A Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public. A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.

• What should I do once I find a lower rate?

Complete a price protection claim form. If the request meets the price protection requirements, we will process your onboard credit for the fare difference and send you an email confirmation within 2 business days of your request.

• What information must be submitted for a price protection request?

• Guest(s) name
  • Sailing information
  • Available cruise fare being requested
  • Where the lower advertised fare was found (i.e.: Carnival.com)

• When can I submit a price protection request?

Carnival will accept price protection requests up to 2 business days prior to sailing.

• How many times can I submit a price protection request?

Provided that you are eligible for the lower fare, there are no restrictions to the number of price protection requests or the requested amount.

The thing that carnival doesn't tell anyone is that any fare can get price reduction sup until the day prior to final payment, and full refunds of all deposits. IMO as soon as the economy is just a little bit better that ES fare will never go down below what you pay for it, but the others may come down so that they are really close to it. If that is what happens then I will be happy to stiuck with other fare classes to have the versitility that they offer.

I'll see your hmmmm and raise you a wow in those people who take vacations costing thousands of dollars and don't do the first bit of research about where they're going, what to expect or what to do. These are the people who then come back and post a rant about something that, had they done one iota of research, would not have been a shock to them, or made them angry. And we're not talking days at a library here. If you do a search for anything cruise related cruisecritic or one of the other crusie boards is almost always the first topic returned, typically in well less than 1 second. I cannot understand these people and just have to shake my head whenever I read their posts.

This is so true... well said !

Archived