How many kids will be on after Thanksgiving Cruise

My husband and I are going on a cruise for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We are flying out the day after the day after Thanksgiving and will be on the ship Nov 30 - Dec 5. Is this a really big time for families with kids. Though we have 3 lovely (hahaha) boys of our own and I am a daycare provider and love kids, I would love this vacation to be exactly that, a vacation from large groups of kids. Is this a popular week for family cruises or is it more the week of Thanksgiving. Either way we will enjoy ourselves just want an idea going in how many kids are going to be running around! :rolleyes:

My husband and I are going on a cruise for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We are flying out the day after the day after Thanksgiving and will be on the ship Nov 30 - Dec 5. Is this a really big time for families with kids. Though we have 3 lovely (hahaha) boys of our own and I am a daycare provider and love kids, I would love this vacation to be exactly that, a vacation from large groups of kids. Is this a popular week for family cruises or is it more the week of Thanksgiving. Either way we will enjoy ourselves just want an idea going in how many kids are going to be running around! :rolleyes:

We have sailed the beginning of December several times, and find very few families with children onboard during that timeframe. ;)

NORMALLY the majority of those litle "angels" are all tucked back away at their desks studying hard.

You will have a lower % of children on that cruise than the previous week for certain.

Congrats on your 10 year Anniversary.... Relax, Enjoy and Rekindle those flames while cherishing the memories together !

I see you're going on Carnival, so that could mean quite a few more kids than if you had chosen other lines such as Princess or Celebrity. While there won't be AS many, there could still be quite a few because Carnival does sell their cruises as very family friendly.

Since you are sailing right after a school break, there should not be too many school age kids. They will have sailed the prior week or will be waiting till Christmas break.

NORMALLY the majority of those litle "angels" are all tucked back away at their desks studying hard.

You will have a lower % of children on that cruise than the previous week for certain.

Congrats on your 10 year Anniversary.... Relax, Enjoy and Rekindle those flames while cherishing the memories together !

I see you're going on Carnival, so that could mean quite a few more kids than if you had chosen other lines such as Princess or Celebrity. While there won't be AS many, there could still be quite a few because Carnival does sell their cruises as very family friendly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said before, I am not anti-kids. I am a mother of 3 boys and a daycare mom to 7 others but it is because of this that I need the vacation!! Was just curious if there would be less that week since it was after the school breaks

And the general concensus is there will be LESS children onboard than Thanksgiving week PROBABLY......

Like I said before, I am not anti-kids. I am a mother of 3 boys and a daycare mom to 7 others but it is because of this that I need the vacation!! :o Was just curious if there would be less that week since it was after the school breaks

Yes, there will be fewer. Probably more children will be conceived than on board!:D I wouldn't worry no matter which line you are on. School's in session.

Happy Anniversary;)

Another great week is the after the 5th of Jan. Great pricing and no kids to bug ya!

We have 2 girls, 7th and 2nd grades. We pull them from school between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We do this because the rates are great. We are also very fortunate that doing so doesn't affect their grades.

Every cruise we have been on has been during this time and we did not see many kids at all. They could have been in Camp Carnival because we do not use that service.

It is a perfect time...hurricane season is over!:D

Archived