Summit - Waterfall Cafe

art4u

We will be on Summit Med Cruise Sept 7th out of Barcelona - have only sailed on RCCL Grandeur in the Caribbean - and are really looking forward to this adventure.

We are travelling with our 80 year old parents and wanted to summarize some dining options for them (Le Normandie, Cosmopolitan, Waterfall etc) but am reading conflicting info regarding Waterfall.

On the Grandeur, the buffet was quite extensive in their Cafe for all three meals ...breakfast, lunch or dinner -

but I recently read on this site about the dinner buffet in Waterfall Cafe...

for those of you just back...is this info below correct? Thanks!!

"Celebrity does not have a buffet fleetwide on any of their ships for dinner as you will see for breakfast and lunch. They do have pasta, sushi, grill and a couple other options in the buffet area but not a full buffet."

That's correct. Celebrity does not offer a full dinner buffet. But you still have plenty of choices:

• MDR
  • Room Service
  • Normandie (specialty dining)
  • Casual Dining - which is set up in the buffet area. There are tables set with linens & silver, and you are served by waiters-in-training. There is a short menu with maybe 4 or 5 entree choices, plus salads, soups & desserts. There is a suggested gratuity of $2 per person. If you eat in casual dining you do not need to dress up on formal nights! This is a fantastic alternative.
  • Buffet --- which offers salad bar and made-to-order pasta in the evening
  • Pizza - to go with your salad bar perhaps?

We've certainly never felt like there weren't a sufficient number of options. Hope you and your parents have a wonderful cruise!

Hi,:) I just want to echo Janine's post because when we sailed

CENTURY in April we at in Casual Dining together along with 5 other's

from our roll call:D. It was a lovely evening with good food

and great company.

It is definitely a nice alternative if you prefer to skip the main

dining room.

You have 3 or 4 entree choices. The wait staff is in training

and it is really an enjoyable casual ambiance.

Ah, it is all clear to me now!! We call an entree a dish served before the mains so everytime I've seen a menu for the cruise ship, I've never seen a "main course". I just looked up what entree means and apparently in North America it is the main course!!! Funny how we all have different meanings for our words :)

That's correct. Celebrity does not offer a full dinner buffet. But you still have plenty of choices:

• MDR
  • Room Service
  • Normandie (specialty dining)
  • Casual Dining - which is set up in the buffet area. There are tables set with linens & silver, and you are served by waiters-in-training. There is a short menu with maybe 4 or 5 entree choices, plus salads, soups & desserts. There is a suggested gratuity of $2 per person. If you eat in casual dining you do not need to dress up on formal nights! This is a fantastic alternative.
  • Buffet --- which offers salad bar and made-to-order pasta in the evening
  • Pizza - to go with your salad bar perhaps?

We've certainly never felt like there weren't a sufficient number of options. Hope you and your parents have a wonderful cruise!

I beleive they also have a buffet station in the evenings that either serves Sushi, Stiry Fry or Curry (rotating from night to night). This, together with the pasta, salad bar and pizza stations make up the limited buffet options in the evening. And these are in addition to the main dining room, specialty restuarant, and casual dining areas mentioned above.

We were on the Summit in March they had sushi every night from 5 to 7.

Pasta bar all afternoon and evening til 11 or 12. Pizza til late.

On one side they had sitdown dinner with a limited menu, it cost $5.00. There also was a noodle bar. All this was in the Windjammer.

I read somewhere that you need to book for this casual restaurant. This sort of defeats the purpose if you miss your sitting at the main restaurant. If we went along without a booking, would be get in?

They do suggest reservations, although it they aren't fully booked then you can walk in. You call Guest Relations to make a ressie - usually by mid-afternoon, but I've made them later. A couple of times we have tried to get into casual dining we have been turned away --- but there are still other options as outlined above.

Archived