Monarch 4 night - many dress formal?

This is our first time on the Monarch, Aug. 3rd sailing and are curious as to whether many passengers dress up on formal night. My husband loves to wear his tux so it's not a matter of not wanting to dress up, but how likely will it be that many men will wear tuxes?

Do what you want and don't worry about the rest of them:) I've seen people dressed to the nines on even 3 day cruises:D I personally love the opportunity to dress up and make DH wear a suit (he doesn't have a tux:(). If nothing else, it's a great opportunity to get a formal pic of the two of us:D

I'll be on the same cruise (Monarch on the 3rd of Aug.), and I don't own a tux OR a suit. I'm hoping I won't look (or feel) like a fish out of water with just dress slacks, dress shirt and tie...

I'll be on the same cruise (Monarch on the 3rd of Aug.), and I don't own a tux OR a suit. I'm hoping I won't look (or feel) like a fish out of water with just dress slacks, dress shirt and tie...

You'll be fine. As long as it's not jeans & flip flops on formal night, just about anything goes:p

Truthfully, I was hoping everyone would say that no one wears a tux! We've cruised a lot and always dress for formal night but I'm having problems talking my husband into "dressing down". :-) Oh well, I guess it will be formal attire for us. I agree with the rest of the posters. Most anything goes and we don't really pay much attention to what others wear.

Archived