Get a Load of This Uprising On Board

MrPete

Thats why the shadow video was created.

I can almost visualize her frantically e-mailing and calling the you-tube police asking for its removal.

Just go to the shadow site called simply "video" by crazy5150yoyo1. It's the same video with an open comment forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MgHvHqWGzM

Have fun!

Just be careful you two.. I think.. THINK youtube has rules about 'copyrights and ownership' of digital material...;)

I tried to post a civil message on 'her' page.. no reply yet... I have to check the site

Just be careful about how much you bother this lady.. There are harrassment laws regarding the net.. and really is she worth it??

Just saying!!

t

FabFour.... just add to MrPete's comments....

A Couple years back, a Royal Caribbean Bermuda cruise was rerouted to a Canadian Cruise on the day of (maybe even the day before) the actual sail date due to a Hurricane hitting Bermuda.

Most passengers arrived at the pier and were handed a letter explaining the itinerary change. Now... imagine... you're packed for Bermuda ... and they reroute you to Nova Scotia, etc... People were PISSED, and they were'nt given much of an option NOT to go on the cruise. They got onboard credit... and an apology... that's it. A lot of people made an arguement that "why would you send a Bermuda bound ship to Canada instead of say ... the Bahamas?"... I can't answer that... but, it's the cruise line's decision, not yours (read... you signed a contract).

If you think about why they diverted... it was the right thing to do.

Now, no one likes to have their carefully laid plans dashed on the rocks... but sometimes you just have to understand that you are not the king/queen of the world, and the world does not bend to your will.

The people depicted in this video are a sad lot. For one, they show their ignorance by saying "We're American's on an American ship"... yes... like one person stated... you're Americans on a Panamanian ship in International waters... and guess what, Einstein... The Master of the vessel IS the law at that point. It's the Master's responsibilty to ensure the safety of those aboard. It's Carnival's responsibility to provide a safe environment as well. Their choice to divert was right and justified.

Now... diverting to another port??? That's Carnival's call. They might not have been able to secure a birth in any reachable ports... Is that their fault? no.

For someone in that video to scream "Mutiny"... OMG... what an idiot. You're on a cruise ship, not The Bounty...

Just hang around during Hurricane season. Year after year, I've read people posting like this was the first time this has happened to anyone (cancellations or changed ports), and they're going to ........"<FILL IN THE BLANK>"

Even after being told ports are not guaranteed, the ire raises and raises, yet they eventually go away.

It's not the first time this has happened to anyone.

And it's not like you NEVER read a token here or there, but if they did that every time, it's US that pays for that.

A cruise that starts and ends in the same place is not TRANSPORTATION. You are simply paying to be ON BOARD "X" number of days. Anything you would do at a port is extra, at your own expense.

In the Swine Flu "scare", it was the first time I saw options being given out pre cruise, albeit with deadlines.

I hear what you are saying and you're right. I agree these people are totally out of line. I suppose if a cruise line gave out free whatevers every time a ship was re-routed they'd be giving stuff away every day. It just seems that there could be a cheap something available to, again, throw these people a bone like maybe one of those ships on a stick LOL. But I'm sure these types wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than full refunds. Pathetic!

FabFour.... just add to MrPete's comments....

A Couple years back, a Royal Caribbean Bermuda cruise was rerouted to a Canadian Cruise on the day of (maybe even the day before) the actual sail date due to a Hurricane hitting Bermuda.

Most passengers arrived at the pier and were handed a letter explaining the itinerary change. Now... imagine... you're packed for Bermuda ... and they reroute you to Nova Scotia, etc... People were PISSED, and they were'nt given much of an option NOT to go on the cruise. They got onboard credit... and an apology... that's it. A lot of people made an arguement that "why would you send a Bermuda bound ship to Canada instead of say ... the Bahamas?"... I can't answer that... but, it's the cruise line's decision, not yours (read... you signed a contract).

If you think about why they diverted... it was the right thing to do.

Now, no one likes to have their carefully laid plans dashed on the rocks... but sometimes you just have to understand that you are not the king/queen of the world, and the world does not bend to your will.

The people depicted in this video are a sad lot. For one, they show their ignorance by saying "We're American's on an American ship"... yes... like one person stated... you're Americans on a Panamanian ship in International waters... and guess what, Einstein... The Master of the vessel IS the law at that point. It's the Master's responsibilty to ensure the safety of those aboard. It's Carnival's responsibility to provide a safe environment as well. Their choice to divert was right and justified.

Now... diverting to another port??? That's Carnival's call. They might not have been able to secure a birth in any reachable ports... Is that their fault? no.

For someone in that video to scream "Mutiny"... OMG... what an idiot. You're on a cruise ship, not The Bounty...

Amen! Idiot's is the perfect word. I was just wondering if cruise lines ever did anything in these situations. You say the Bermuda/Canada passengers got on board credit. What was that for, the excursions they booked?

Can the title of a youtube video even be changed once it is uploaded?

Dunno - but who ever uploaded it can re-upload it with a new title. Who am I to help - I named myself "Nealstuber" on this site before I knew what I was doing and have been stuck with it ever since. :rolleyes:

LOL I read this thread a few days ago and I guess it exploded since then. I had left a comment as well on 'that' video... something along the lines of "I would never want to sail with such trash on board... instead of having fun on their cruise they're giving themselves an ulcer" and today I noticed a response of "It takes trash to know trash, have fun with your ulcer, stay off my page"

Sooooo I put another response on the video which will undoubtably be unapproved that said "You are stifling my freedom of speech. I demand that you refund me back the 10 minutes of my life I spent watching this POS"

I guess this person can dish it but can't take it on cruises, on the internet, and life in general!!! Good job to all of you guys in giving me a good laugh today!!!! :D:D:D

Dunno - but who ever uploaded it can re-upload it with a new title. Who am I to help - I named myself "Nealstuber" on this site before I knew what I was doing and have been stuck with it ever since. :rolleyes:

It looks like they changed the title. OMG! LOL!

Do you think the videos will be linked now?

It looks like they changed the title. OMG! LOL!

Do you think the videos will be linked now?

Just go to the original video and see...

I can't youtube from work so let me know.

Its not me.. I've been too busy arguing about who TAs work for...

I named myself "Nealstuber" on this site before I knew what I was doing and have been stuck with it ever since. :rolleyes:

Actually...I contacted one of the CC managers when I accidentally did a misspelling in my name and he changed it for me along with my keeping all my posts. Try it.

Dan

Did you respond?

I was SO tempted to sign up and click the little "flirt" button on her ad - not sure exactly what that does, but I'm sure she'd recognize the user name, lol! I just got home, though, and I have too much work to do to bother with it. Maybe later ;)

I suggest you ask the help Carnival takes their cut! Obviously your elevator doesn't go to the top!

Not only does my elevator go to the top, it goes left and right.

You keep listening to the "help", who will do anything to get as many $$ out of your pocket and into theirs.

In the meantime, read it and wallow:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=997624

Archived