RCCL Adventure Ocean Safety & Security Question

Have a fabulous cruise with your child! On our son's first cruise he loved the kids program so much that he didn't want to leave. Go and meet the staff, they usually have a sort of get-together the first night so check your cruise compass or you'll hear about it when your child gets their wrist band for their muster station.

Kerrie:)

They also require identification - seapass or something else. I needed to run back to my cabin a couple of times when I had left my seapass. I think the program is pretty safe and you should be comfortable knowing. Make sure you attend the orientation program which is usually held the opening night. It is very short but lewts you fill out the forms listing the people who can take your children out of the program.

They also require identification - seapass or something else. I needed to run back to my cabin a couple of times when I had left my seapass. I think the program is pretty safe and you should be comfortable knowing. Make sure you attend the orientation program which is usually held the opening night. It is very short but lewts you fill out the forms listing the people who can take your children out of the program.

Excellent! Thank you for this information!

Yes .. the staff is very friendly and very cautious! They actually come to know you by name within a few visits too. I know that if you even try to step past the line by the table where you sign in they will stop you as absolutely NO ADULTS are premitted in the kids area!

Although your child is only 4 if you have older ones make certain you sign in on the correct sheet! My stepdaughter and niece 9 & 10 were in the program last month and there were 2 sign in sheets available one was for parent sign out only and the other was for self sign out...meaning the kids could sign themselves out at anytime! No way do I think any child under 12 should be wandering around a ship unsupervised at any time for any reason so our girls were parent sign out only!!!

My family will be taking our first RCCL cruise with our four year old daughter. What procedures do RCCL have in place to ensure children in the Aquanauts program are picked up at the end of the day/session by an authorized adult?

they have to be signed in and out plus they wear armbands to identify the parents and the muster station. plus they know you name and face after the first day.

My family will be taking our first RCCL cruise with our four year old daughter. What procedures do RCCL have in place to ensure children in the Aquanauts program are picked up at the end of the day/session by an authorized adult?

When you sign your child in, you will have to list which adults can pick him/her up at the end of the session. When that person arrives, they will be asked to show their seapass card for ID. Also, when you first sign your child up for AO in the 3-5 year old group, you can request a pager to use for the duration of your cruise, so they can get in touch with you should any issue arise.

Quick story....I like to take a lot of pictures on board the ships. Me being me (brain-dead touron), DW and I wandered into the kids area to see what it looked like. This was on embarkation day and the ship was mostly empty. I was greeted by a crew member in there who stopped me from taking pictures.

I thought about it for a second and completely understood why she did that.

So yes, the safety and security is excellent.

They also get to know your child, and in our experience, we've had different people that we've put on the list as ok for pick-up when we've been traveling with friends or family.

for instance, we sailed with another family who had a 7 yr old DD when ours was 4, and we would list all 4 adults as it really could have been any one of us to go check them out at the end of the night, and the counselors got to know us as the week went on. It also helepd that the girls clearly knew each other and recognized all of us, too, and we'd often show up in 2 or 3s to pick up.

You didn't say which RCCL ship, but the newer ones that we have experience with (the Freedom class) actually have the young kids wear wrist bands with security sensors in them. If someone tried to remove them from AO without logging them out of the system, then the alarms sound.

This is a different wrist band from the Muster (YEP - Youth Emergency Program) braclets. While they are on the ship, they wear a muster braclets. While they are in AO, another braclet is added, then logged out of the system and removed when you come to pick them up.

ALSO, yes, a sea pass is needed to pick up the child. And only the person listed is allowed to pick up (usually 2 people listed)

Archived