My one-day, non-cruise on Carnival Legend

DarthGrady

Hey Grady.......you got to see the ship while the passengers were getting onboard........how sad for you.......did you not want to stay onboard?...........

She is as great as I remember her.........man it must have been hard to leave...

Lee

It was VERY hard to get back off again, although not quite as bad as leaving after a cruise. ;)

Was this a tour for just TA's and if so, did they serve you guys lunch?

Yes, they apparently do them regularly for TAs so they can see the ship and the rooms. Then pass the info on to their customers. We were only allowed to be our TAs guests because we will be the group leaders if we decide to book a cruise on her next year. Yes they did serve us a lunch in the Truffles dining room.

Grady, thanks for helping to relive my cruise on the Legend in 2007. We are looking to rebook for 2010. It anyone wants to see more pics of the Legend go to webshots dot com and look for Legend pics in my DH's albums... unclepatntampa.

I wish I was back on the Legend today or any ship for that matter. I just watched the Inspiration sailing away today after work. Sigh...

Great Pics Grady!!!

Thanks! Cant wait to be snapping some on Libby in two months!

My FAVORITE ship.

I love the tours, but it stinks having to get off when your done. Takes me back to those bon voyage parties of the 60's

What went on at those?

Thanks! Cant wait to be snapping some on Libby in two months!

What went on at those?

Just one big party in the cabin with food and drinks. Sis and I would just explore the ships up and down till the all ashore who's going ashore horn sounded.

My favorite ship back then was the S.S. France.

Awesome pictures! It's all I can do to keep from grabbing the phone and booking another one. DH would kill me, however, and we promised the DDs Europe in 2011.

And it's a good thing you couldn't get the wrap balcony pics - I'd have a definite case of cabin-envy!

Those are great pics Grady! I don't know how you walked off the boat! I would've wanted to hide a room or something, haha!!!

Thats what I told the wife! We could have just slept up on a deck chair, ate in the lido, and not gotten off at the ports or bought anything. Nobody would have been the wiser until we got back to Tampa and tried to leave! :D:rolleyes:

Just one big party in the cabin with food and drinks. Sis and I would just explore the ships up and down till the all ashore who's going ashore horn sounded.

My favorite ship back then was the S.S. France.

That would have been fun! My favorite part of any cruise is exploring a new ship.

My mother has told me about some of her cruises "way back when", and that you could just walk onto the other ships in port and check them out. I guess they saw it as a way to drum up new customers. In any case, that would have been very interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you remeber with the room # is on the Balcony room with Upper?Thanks

I can't find the paper they gave us, but from looking back at the deck plans I believe it was 6279. I think that one also had the handicapped accessable bathroom and extended balcony.

We live so close to Tampa and cannot believe that we have not gone on the Legend. Beautiful ship, beautiful pictures. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Plan to start researching a cruise on Legend, but have Glory at least in November to get me through for awhile. :)

We live so close to Tampa and cannot believe that we have not gone on the Legend. Beautiful ship, beautiful pictures. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Plan to start researching a cruise on Legend, but have Glory at least in November to get me through for awhile. :)

Same here! We tend to do more short cruises, so we just have not gotten around to Legen yet. After touring her, I fell like we will have to take a cruise on her soon, even if we end up choosing Dream for next year.

• 3 months later...

Grady, thank you so much for the pictures. DW and I were on her in May and had a beautiful time. She is a beautiful ship with a great crew. Of all the ships I have been on, I think she is my favorite. We will be on her sister ship the Miracle in Jan. Can't wait.:D Thanks again.

Grady, thank you so much for the pictures. DW and I were on her in May and had a beautiful time. She is a beautiful ship with a great crew. Of all the ships I have been on, I think she is my favorite. We will be on her sister ship the Miracle in Jan. Can't wait.:D Thanks again.

I just found these pictures. Will be on the Legend celebrating my birthday on Dec. 27 and I have an aft Cat 11 on deck 7 so the pix are great. Thanks.

You are both very welcome. Stay tuned, I will be posting up a similar thread toward the end of the week for the Dream. My wife is going to take a tour on Wednesday, so I will be posting all the pix she takes.

You are both very welcome. Stay tuned, I will be posting up a similar thread toward the end of the week for the Dream. My wife is going to take a tour on Wednesday, so I will be posting all the pix she takes.

Host Mach just got off the DREAM on a 2 day cruise to nowhere out of NYC. Here is a link to his photos for all interested: http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...ach_man/Dream/

Archived