Price Drop

my4gals

There is a software that you can download to automatically inform you of a price drop, but I can't post the web address here....

Yeah, and apparently if you do the mods censor the thread and remove the name. What gives? I don't understand the heavy censorship lately. The software is two names one of which rhymes with "bruise" and the other rhymes with dark but is a feared sea creature. Put the actual names in that "very polular search engine" and the website will be listed in the results page. Man, this is insane:cool:.

I know someone else mentioned the name in the post previous to this one, but I'm expecting that one to be removed. Who knows, maybe this post will sleep with the fishes as well. After all, the mods have become like the mob: they have a way of making things disapear.

I've been checking for a drop, but booked through a pvp with a military discount. Is there a way to check that? Thanks.

Carnival.com doesn't display Military Rates. You'll have to Google something like "Cruise Military Rate" to find the several sites that DO list the Military Rate - normally it will be exact same as Carnival's. ken

Can you only get a price drop when you book directly through Carnival, or does it work if you book through an online travel site as well like travelocity or orbitz. ?

PVP's and TA's generally do not keep track of your Price Drops and inform you -some do!

If you book with any TA, you should find out in advance ifthey charge booking fee,s, if they DO Price Drops and if they charge to do Price Drops, and if they chargefee for cancellations. TA's don't HAVE to do price drops and/or they can charge a fee to do same. Price Drops take up extra of their time and cuts into their commission, so many TA's are not enthusiastic about this. ken

My Carnival PVP (can I say his name - Steve Schultz) is great. He did let me know that I had a price drop on my Inspiration Dec 08 cruise. And he is great about calling back or emailing promptly - answering my unending questions, and treating me like a VIP even though all I can afford are inside cabins!

I downloaded this software yesterday and got notified today of a 180.00 drop :)

With a 330 drop last week in on another cruise. Thats great news for us....

I wish I discovered this software a long time ago :)

Ditto. I got notified last night of $100 drop in price. Thank you to whoever came up with this thing and is sharing it with the world!

I have this software downloaded also. Is there anything further I have to do to make sure I get notified? I am sailing on Nov 1, 2009 on the Sensation to the Bahamas. Haven't seen any price drops yet but then the price I got was a really good deal anyway!

I have this software downloaded also. Is there anything further I have to do to make sure I get notified? I am sailing on Nov 1, 2009 on the Sensation to the Bahamas. Haven't seen any price drops yet but then the price I got was a really good deal anyway!

Once you install the software a small tray icon will appear on your control panel. Double click that icon. Click on the "add cruise" button and fill the necessary information in. Now, sit back and wait for the program to save you $$$. One note, my understanding is that the program runs in the background and only runs the price check function when you restart or log in to your computer. So, if you're not restarting or logging in to your computer the program will not work. Somebody please clarify if you have a more accurate description how the program works, or I if am wrong about this.

I double clicked my icon and found that under "Status" there was a message that said "This is not a valid cruise. Check your cruise information"

Below is what I entered. Can anyone see why this software is coming up with this "Not Valid Cruise" message?

Sailing Date: 11/1/2009

Description: (I put in whatever I wanted) November 2009 Trip

Cruise Line: Carnival

Ship: Carnival Sensation

Booked/Current Rates: 508 USD/578 USD (wasn't sure what I paid so I guessed)

Date Last checked: 7/18/2009 (clicked on "Check Rates" button)

Status: This is not a valid sailing! Check your Information.

I double clicked my icon and found that under "Status" there was a message that said "This is not a valid cruise. Check your cruise information"

Below is what I entered. Can anyone see why this software is coming up with this "Not Valid Cruise" message?

Mine does this periodically too. I have no idea why it happens and I didn't receive any real explanation thru the administrator.

The good news is that it seems to cure itself somehow after a few cycles. I think that it might hit the Carnival site at a bad time and can't register the info correctly.

I check the Carnival site quite often too, just to make sure.

But thru the software program, I've saved a total of $390 for the five of us in three cabins.

I'm not positive, but the problem may be that you are entering information in the "current rate" box. I believe that you are supposed to leave this blank, and the program will solve for that "variable." Just a guess, but try running it withou that info entered in. Good luck.

Have the same problem... seems to creep up if the computer hibernates/stands by, or if it tries to check and for whatever reason your internet connection is unavailable. (my router shuts down my connection between certain hours) Exit and restart the program & should be fine.

Have the same problem... seems to creep up if the computer hibernates/stands by, or if it tries to check and for whatever reason your internet connection is unavailable. (my router shuts down my connection between certain hours) Exit and restart the program & should be fine.

Going into "options" and selecting "check once every 24 hours" should help with that problem.

So say you find out about a price drop, how do you go about getting the price adjusted? We booked through Expedia and it says you only have 48 hours to get a price match, but we would have up to 75 days before the cruise to cancel and rebook.

Archived