Price Drop

my4gals

So say you find out about a price drop, how do you go about getting the price adjusted? We booked through Expedia and it says you only have 48 hours to get a price match, but we would have up to 75 days before the cruise to cancel and rebook.

The 48 hours is a different form and promotion, its for when you originally book.

What rate are you booked at?? If you booked any rate and are still before final payment, then you have to go thru your TA (you might want to edit out the name of the TA since its against the rules to mention it on here, dont want to get a slap on the wrist). Hopefully, you checked and there is no cost for changes thru your TA (mine started to charge $25 per change, per person).

Lots of reason to book direct!!! You cant submit the forms yourself if you booked thru a TA you can only go thru them and they have to be willing to do it.

Couldn't figure out how to edit my original post but here it is edited :P

So say you find out about a price drop, how do you go about getting the price adjusted? We booked through **** and it says you only have 48 hours to get a price match, but we would have up to 75 days before the cruise to cancel and rebook.

**** doesn't charge anymore for changes or cancelations. I would assume however that I would lose my $15 booking fee, but I'm not sure. We actually were able to book at a military rate which from what I can find is the lowest except for the senior rate which we are not eligible for. Are there any promos that are combinable with the military rate? Do they adjust &/or lower the military rates or are those set?

Couldn't figure out how to edit my original post but here it is edited :P

So say you find out about a price drop, how do you go about getting the price adjusted? We booked through **** and it says you only have 48 hours to get a price match, but we would have up to 75 days before the cruise to cancel and rebook.

**** doesn't charge anymore for changes or cancelations. I would assume however that I would lose my $15 booking fee, but I'm not sure. We actually were able to book at a military rate which from what I can find is the lowest except for the senior rate which we are not eligible for. Are there any promos that are combinable with the military rate? Do they adjust &/or lower the military rates or are those set?

See my post above. If you find another rate before final payment, then call your TA. Any rate drops must be processed thru whomever you booked with. After final payment you will not be elgible for any rate drops since you are booked military.

It does not mean cancelling, so you should not lose your $15 booking fee, but why would you pay a booking fee??? They advertise the exact same rates you could have gotten thru carnival directly, including military. ... and NOT paid a booking fee. I would never ever use a TA that charges a booking fee, especially when you are not saving any money??

Just call your TA if you see a lower military rate. Its rare that senior rate is lower than military, but Ill take your word on it.

Hi

I booked a cruise last Sunday that leaves on 8/2. Two days later I checked the website where I booked and the price of the cruise had gone down. I called the TA and asked him for price adjustment and he said because it is within 75 days of sailing, Carnival is no longer adjusting prices within that time frame. He said that has been their policy since Jan. Is this true? Bummer! They would not give on board credit to compensate either.

Have other cruise lines done this as well? I have gotten reductions in the past almost right up to sailing with RCCL.

Hi

I booked a cruise last Sunday that leaves on 8/2. Two days later I checked the website where I booked and the price of the cruise had gone down. I called the TA and asked him for price adjustment and he said because it is within 75 days of sailing, Carnival is no longer adjusting prices within that time frame. He said that has been their policy since Jan. Is this true? Bummer! They would not give on board credit to compensate either.

Have other cruise lines done this as well? I have gotten reductions in the past almost right up to sailing with RCCL.

Bummer, it is true! Carnival did away with this, I think it is in connection with the Early Saver rates. Only those get the price adjustments. Some cruisers have gotten Carnival to move them up in category based on the new, lower rates but your TA would have to fight the fight for you. Good luck.

If you didn't book early saver I don't think you can get the price drops that close to sailing. I don't know the # of days that this kicks in, just after the final payment date. When I pondering what sort of booking to make, my PVP did tell me that although I would not get a price drop after final payment with the past cruiser discount, if an upgrade was available I might be able to get that.

It is different than with some other cruise lines. With celebrity I could have got any discount right up to sailing, too.

Thanks for replies. Yes, my TA did call Carnival but there were no upgrades available in the oceanview category that they could give us.

Balcony would have been nice though!:rolleyes:

Oh well...just checking with you folks.

Laurie

I've been scanning the cruise sites, and CC for any word on new deals on price drops for Carnival cruise I have booked for moms birthday. The Valor cruise remained the same price, but with final payment in two weeks, they added $100pp in onboard credits for "new" bookings. One phone call was all it took to get them to add the OBC to their booking.

I submitted a price adjustment form last Friday and recieved my confirmation e-mail reflecting the new rate this morning. What a nice e-mail to wake up to! As many people have stated in other threads, the processing time is running anywhere from 48 hrs to 10 days.

yeah, and apparently if you do the mods censor the thread and remove the name. What gives? I don't understand the heavy censorship lately. The software is two names one of which rhymes with "bruise" and the other rhymes with dark but is a feared sea creature. Put the actual names in that "very polular search engine" and the website will be listed in the results page. Man, this is insane:cool:.

lol!!!:d

Thanks for the info!;) This program is GREAT!

Yeah, and apparently if you do the mods censor the thread and remove the name. What gives? I don't understand the heavy censorship lately. The software is two names one of which rhymes with "bruise" and the other rhymes with dark but is a feared sea creature. Put the actual names in that "very polular search engine" and the website will be listed in the results page. Man, this is insane:cool:.

I know someone else mentioned the name in the post previous to this one, but I'm expecting that one to be removed. Who knows, maybe this post will sleep with the fishes as well. After all, the mods have become like the mob: they have a way of making things disapear.

Archived