My review of CB 7/8-7/17

Love Boat Dream

How much was the St John tour?

We took the catamaran over to St. John's the beach was called Honeymoon beach...it was beautiful and it was $100 pp. It included the ride over, snorkeling, alcohol, and food. I thought it was well worth the money spent...I'm sure next time we are in St. Thomas we will do it again!

THanks for the review. I can't wait to sail the CB again in October for the repo.

How much was the chef's table, and where did you go to reserve it? For money reasons, if you had to pick between the chef's table, and the ultimate tour, which one would you do?

Also - I know this has been up on the boards, but how much for the sanctuary per session or for the whole cruise?

THanks!

After our CB cruise last year, we stayed in PR and did the Biobay tour - it is definitely an active tour - but we had a good dark night and had a blast! It was so amazing. We did the tour with Kayak Puerto Rico.

Love Boat Dream

Welcome Back!!!

As always, enjoy reading your reviews.:)

I feel the same about seeing the same shows over and over again.

Gets boring. Same ol Same ol!!!

Wish Princess would rotate their acts, comedians, musicians, etc, etc.

How much was the chef's table, and where did you go to reserve it? For money reasons, if you had to pick between the chef's table, and the ultimate tour, which one would you do?

Also - I know this has been up on the boards, but how much for the sanctuary per session or for the whole cruise?

Chef's table was $75. I called the DINE line to reserve as soon as I got on board.

Hard to choose between the 2. This is my 3rd chef's table and I loved all 3. They are 2 very different experiences but both one of a kind!

BTW, age for ships tour is over 21.

Sanctuary for the entire cruise was $135. Worth it to me even though I didn't use it every day. I knew my seat was there and I didn't have to get up at 6 to make sure I could get in!

Love Boat Dream

Welcome Back!!!

As always, enjoy reading your reviews.:)

I feel the same about seeing the same shows over and over again.

Gets boring. Same ol Same ol!!!

Wish Princess would rotate their acts, comedians, musicians, etc, etc.

That's why it's a good idea to alternate cruiselines, especially if you take more than 1 cruise a year. That's how you get your variety. LOL:D

That's why it's a good idea to alternate cruiselines, especially if you take more than 1 cruise a year. That's how you get your variety. LOL:D

Agreed; but the downside is it takes twice as long then to get to free laundry status!

How do you qualify for free laundry?

You have to be at the Elite level of the Captain's Circle (the Princess past-passenger program) -- i.e. you have to have sailed on 15 previous cruises or for 150 days total to qualify. Or, you could book a full suite -- passengers in full suites get free laundry.

Great review! I was also on this cruise with my fiance and parents and we had a wonderful time. I was just so relieved when we docked in Bermuda!!!

We had a wonderful experience with the dining room, but we did have the Traditional seating.

Our waiter (Nel) and room steward (Hedy) were two of the best I've had on any cruise.

The only complaint I had was with the buffet. Everything seemed to be crammed into such a small space and people were constantly bumping into each other. Besides that, I really didn't have any complaints. This was my first Princess cruise (10th overall) and I'll definitely be going back!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise and thanks for the reviews. I see you are from New England. My wife and I are doing a New England / Canada cruise in Sept. ( our third time). Was curious what part of New England you are from.....I have been to Boston so many times I really need some ideas for something to do. Hoping you are near there and might be able to offer some unique ideas! Thanks!!

The free laundry and dry cleaning was great. I loved coming home with all clean clothes!

I have to say I envy you on this one! I still have one more laundry basket of clothes that I need to fold and put away! So did you end up going on the Bio Bay tour? What did you think of it, and the stop to McDonalds?

Great review! I was also on this cruise with my fiance and parents and we had a wonderful time. I was just so relieved when we docked in Bermuda!!!

We had a wonderful experience with the dining room, but we did have the Traditional seating.

Our waiter (Nel) and room steward (Hedy) were two of the best I've had on any cruise.

The only complaint I had was with the buffet. Everything seemed to be crammed into such a small space and people were constantly bumping into each other. Besides that, I really didn't have any complaints. This was my first Princess cruise (10th overall) and I'll definitely be going back!

I was also on this past cruise...and it was my first time on Princess. There was little to complain about on this cruise. We all had a wonderful time! The captain married us on this cruise, and I thought he was one of the nicest people I have ever met! I too was relieved when we docked in Bermuda! I would def. sail on Princess again!

I have to say I envy you on this one! I still have one more laundry basket of clothes that I need to fold and put away! So did you end up going on the Bio Bay tour? What did you think of it, and the stop to McDonalds?

Yes, we did get to Bio Bay. We were on the wait list until the morning of the tour. Honestly, it wasn't what I expected. It wasn't dark enough to see the bioluminescence and the tour guide gave us the history of PR through Fast Food joints!

Yes, we did get to Bio Bay. We were on the wait list until the morning of the tour. Honestly, it wasn't what I expected. It wasn't dark enough to see the bioluminescence and the tour guide gave us the history of PR through Fast Food joints!

I agree my group was pretty dissapointed with the tour as well. The bus ride wasn't all that fascinating...and stopping at McDonalds on an island wasn't something I wanted to do. We had fun, but we had to "make" our own fun on this trip. I couldn't believe that for the money we spent to go on the trip all we got was a small bag of chips and bottle of water!

I agree my group was pretty dissapointed with the tour as well. The bus ride wasn't all that fascinating...and stopping at McDonalds on an island wasn't something I wanted to do. We had fun, but we had to "make" our own fun on this trip. I couldn't believe that for the money we spent to go on the trip all we got was a small bag of chips and bottle of water!

Were you on the same trip as me??

LoveBoatDream-

I read your review with interest, particularly the part about your son being charged full price to dine in Sabatinis. I am very confused by this. I'm attaching a jpeg file from a Princess Powerpoint presentation, specifically stating that children from 3-12 should be charged half price, as it was for Crown Grill. I'm sure you felt it was worth it, but for others going forward, it might be worth it to press the issue if overcharged.

2098862908_ChildrensPricing.jpg.f0d84e6d0000ffed16bb7299c234eea7.jpg

Great review. We also had a great time. This was the 4th time doing the itinerary for us. We haven't gone to the shows (or the theater for that matter) since our 2nd Princess cruise. This was our 6th. We always find something else to do. I do Karaoke and Princess Pop Star, so we are in Fusion alot. But, they should switch the shows up. This cruise gets ALOT of return passengers. We see so many familiar faces.

I will post a review shortly.

Bye for now,

Freddie

LoveBoatDream-

I read your review with interest, particularly the part about your son being charged full price to dine in Sabatinis. I am very confused by this. I'm attaching a jpeg file from a Princess Powerpoint presentation, specifically stating that children from 3-12 should be charged half price, as it was for Crown Grill. I'm sure you felt it was worth it, but for others going forward, it might be worth it to press the issue if overcharged.

I was told that if my son just dined on pasta and pizza at Sabatini's, we would be charged half price. If he was to have the full meal, it would be full price. He was adventurous and tried almost everything so I wasn't going to complain about $10.

At Crown Grill, he didn't want any of the appetizers. He had steak and french fries and dessert. They automatically charged me half price. The next night, I was dining there again with friends and my son came down from the kids club in time for dessert and they didn't charge us anything for him.

Chef's table was $75. I called the DINE line to reserve as soon as I got on board.

Hard to choose between the 2. This is my 3rd chef's table and I loved all 3. They are 2 very different experiences but both one of a kind!

BTW, age for ships tour is over 21.

Sanctuary for the entire cruise was $135. Worth it to me even though I didn't use it every day. I knew my seat was there and I didn't have to get up at 6 to make sure I could get in!

THanks!

Archived