Port Everglades

memabumpee

Will be going on the Freedom and we have to go out of Port Everglades which I think has the worst embarkation of all the ports but was looking for a good hotel in that area. Any suggestions? The reason I say that about this port is we travel with a wheelchair and they sent us to the far end of the building had to weed our way thru the crowd only to get to the end when someone yelled all wheelchairs to the front which took another 10 minutes or so to work our way to the front, then I had to push the wheelchair and my wife up the plank which was so steep I had all I could do to make it to the top as I have a bad heart, and lucky for me a fellow passenger helped with the last 20 feet or so. Even though we do not like this port, we are only in it for a short time and the end result is getting on the ship and having a great cruise. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

We were on the Freedom on the 4th of July. Pt. Everglades was not a problem at all! We drove & parked at PARK & GO -- got there at about 10:45 -- we were on the ship by about 11:30. Get there early and you should not have any problems.

Smooth sailing ~~~~~~~~~~~

Will be going on the Freedom and we have to go out of Port Everglades which I think has the worst embarkation of all the ports but was looking for a good hotel in that area. Any suggestions? The reason I say that about this port is we travel with a wheelchair and they sent us to the far end of the building had to weed our way thru the crowd only to get to the end when someone yelled all wheelchairs to the front which took another 10 minutes or so to work our way to the front, then I had to push the wheelchair and my wife up the plank which was so steep I had all I could do to make it to the top as I have a bad heart, and lucky for me a fellow passenger helped with the last 20 feet or so. Even though we do not like this port, we are only in it for a short time and the end result is getting on the ship and having a great cruise. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

I always ask the first CCL rep I see for a wheel chair. An employee then guides us thru past the lines, waits while we do documention, then rolls him to Lido deck. We are Platinum, but we received that courtesy before that. When are sailing? Do you have enough time to edit your info and ask for a wheel chair, and there will be one resereved for you. If not call Carnival and ask for 'Special need's deptartment' not sure about the #. Good luck and happy sailing! :)

May I suggest The Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale - 17th Street. Here's the link:

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/FLLSOES-Embassy-Suites-Fort-Lauderdale-th-Street-Florida/index.do;jsessionid=64CB7962F9D10164EF447843858EC20E.etc42?brand_id=ES&brand_directory=/en/es/&xch=451617964,HWUBGTSXBMBMICSGBJC4LYQ

I am local to the area, so I have never stayed in the hotel, but I have been inside the hotel (our company Christmas party was there), and it is beautiful. Also, I have stayed at other Embassy Suites hotels (in Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic) and the rooms are really nice.

Embassy Suites all have free breakfast also! This hotel is only a few blocks from Port Everglades. There are plenty of shops in the area and a Publix supermarket as well.

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/FLLSOES-Embassy-Suites-Fort-Lauderdale-th-Street-Florida/index.do;jsessionid=64CB7962F9D10164EF447843858EC20E.etc42?brand_id=ES&brand_directory=/en/es/&xch=451617964,HWUBGTSXBMBMICSGBJC4LYQ

I am local to the area, so I have never stayed in the hotel, but I have been inside the hotel (our company Christmas party was there), and it is beautiful. Also, I have stayed at other Embassy Suites hotels (in Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic) and the rooms are really nice.

Embassy Suites all have free breakfast also! This hotel is only a few blocks from Port Everglades. There are plenty of shops in the area and a Publix supermarket as well.

Agree Embassy SUites- stayed there in Feb this year. Free transport to the port

Have you tried Hyatt Regency Pier 66?Thats where me and the wife are staying.

Never stayed there,but have geard nothing but good things about it.

Have you tried Hyatt Regency Pier 66?Thats where me and the wife are staying.

Never stayed there,but have geard nothing but good things about it.

I've never been inside this hotel, but have driven by countless times. It's right at the foot of the 17th St. Causeway Bridge. You should have a great view of the cruise ships docked at Port Everglades from the upper floors in this hotel. From everything I've heard locally and on these boards, this is a nice hotel. It's certainly in a nice area. Hope this helps.

We like staying on 17th Ave. It's a very short ride to the port. Most hotels do not have a complimentary shuttle.

There is a wide range of hotels depending on your budget. The Renaissance (more expensive and no breakfast) and Holiday Inn Express (less expensive and complimentary breakfast) are favorites of ours.

I've always seen ship crew taking care of wheelchairs in the past. I would ask for assistance.

Charlie

We where told this was one of the best motels to watch the ships come in.

we are on the 12th floor facing the water,should be able to see them coming

in.Can't wait,only 12 days to go ,seems like 12 weeks going slooooooooooooow.

We were on the Freedom on the 4th of July. Pt. Everglades was not a problem at all! We drove & parked at PARK & GO -- got there at about 10:45 -- we were on the ship by about 11:30. Get there early and you should not have any problems.

Smooth sailing ~~~~~~~~~~~

Will Park and Go allow you to park for 14 days? Do you reserve online?

Thanks for any information.

The nicest property on 17th St. is Hyatt Pier 66, but if you have accessibility issues you may have a different perspective. All of the hotels on 17th St. east of US 1 are fine, including Hyatt Place which is a block off of the St.

Archived