Nice Airport to Monte Carlo

Peek-a-boo

We need to get from Nice Airport to Monte Carlo. I was told that because there are four of us we would probably need two taxis. If that is the case, it might be more reasonable to hire a private car. Can anyone recommend a limo company in Nice/Monte Carlo? Approx prices?

Thanks!

We need to get from Nice Airport to Monte Carlo. I was told that because there are four of us we would probably need two taxis. If that is the case, it might be more reasonable to hire a private car. Can anyone recommend a limo company in Nice/Monte Carlo? Approx prices?

Thanks!

Hi,

This past September, we used Revelation Tours for transportation from our Hotel in Nice (About 10-minute ride from airport), to cruise port in Monte Carlo. We also used them for a six hour tour the day before the transfer to our Cruise Ship in Monte Carlo. They are a first class outfit. I believe the cost for transportation to Monte Carlo in a mini van was 85 euros for up to 3 passangers & 115 euros for 4-8 passangers. Speak with Michel, and if possible, try and have him as the driver.

PS: Count on the trip to take approx. 30-45 minutes, depending on traffic. Verify transportation time with Michel.

Their websit is www.revelation-tours.com

Flying into Nice was interesting, if you have a window seat on the right side of the plane, it looks like your landing on the water.

Stay well,

Anthony

Peek-a-boo - Two years ago, we used Dream Tours for transfer from the Nice airport to our hotel in Nice, for an all-day tour in the nearby mountain villages, and for the transfer from the hotel to the ship in Monte Carlo. We were entirely pleased with the service, which was about the same price as Revelation. You can contact Alain at Dream Tours at: infos@dream-tours.com Here is their website: http://www.dream-tours.com/

Even though our flight into Nice was almost three hours late, the smiling driver was waiting for us as we cleared Customs with our luggage and whisked us off to our hotel, where he knew the management and had called them to let them know we would be late arriving.

Cheers, Fred

There's a specific airporter bus that runs from Nice airport to Monte Carlo, it was around 15 Euro per person I think and luggage is no problem, they load it for you underneath. Great service, we used it from right outside our Hotel in Monaco to the airport.

Here's the info.. price has gone up - sorry

http://www.iho-ohi.net/english/home/visiting-the-ihb/travelling-from-nice-airport-to-monaco.html

Not sure if for 75 Euro you could do it privately with 4 people's luggage.

The bus runs from right outside the airport doors--very easy to get to . If you take the train you still have to get to the train station, either by taxi or by the bus, and then lug your luggage across the street into the station and onto the train. In the Nice train station, if your train is not on track #1, you have to go down the stairs under the tracks and up on the other side to your track:eek:--not easy with luggage. So my preference , keeping $$$ in mind would be the bus from the airport and as has been said, your luggage goes underneath and then a taxi to the port. Or if I wanted to splurge I would take some private transportation or maybe the helicopter;);).

If you feel like a splurge, you can take a helicopter from the Nice airport to Monte Carlo. The view, I've read, is stunning. I think if you google the Nice airport transportion services you will find a link this. Just a thought.

We have done the helicopter transfer several times. It costs about €200 per person return fare. It is a lot of money but if you are staying in Monaco you might as well arrive in style ;)

Do bear in mind though you still have to get from the helipad to your hotel.

Hello and bonjour!

Just a quick note and update for your travel plans :

The fastest way to go between Nice airport and Monaco is the helicopter - and also the most expensive. One-way or return flights can be purchased directly at the Heliair counter in the departure hall, no previous reservation necessary. Rates are about € 100 per flight/person; they fly every half hour and the flight takes 7 minutes.

Heliair mini busses will take your from the heliport in Monaco Fontvieille directly to your hotel in Monaco at no additional cost - and the pick you up for free, too, if you choose to return by heli.

The next best way is to take the already described express bus service, leaving from directly outside the arrival halls at both terminals. Tickets can be purchased in advance from the bus counter in the arrival hall, or you pay directly in the bus. Cost: 18€ per person. The busses leave every hour on the hour (or so, if they are in time :)).

The bus takes the autoroute to Monaco, not much sightseeing but nice views anyway towards the Alpes Maritime. The ride takes about 45 minutes. The bus stops at various hotels in town, you tell the driver when you get into the bus, where you want to go. For any one traveling without luggage, the first stop is best at the Office du Tourism to get a supply of their very good maps and brochures.

However, taking the bus back to the airport is a different story and you have to permit 2 -3 hours before your check-in / flight time in case of delays.

A very nice idea is to combine one way with an excursion to see more of the beautiful countryside. There are a couple of companies organizing private tours as already pointed out in previous posts. My visitors usually take the helicopter into Monaco for the spectacular, even though short flight and a half or full-day excursion on their way to the airport, depending on the departure time.

The least preferable transfer from the airport to Monaco is the train, believe me. You have to take first a bus to the train station, haul your luggage yourself to the tracks, and in Monaco you are advised to take public transportation from the train station to whereever you stay ... Taxis in town cost around € 12 one-way and are hard to find. And true - train strikes are more frequent than strikes of the bus system.

I hope, this helps you a bit sorting out all information already received.

Have a wonderful time in the Principality!

Brigitte

Archived