Quick!!! Help Needed!

DH and I are not exchanging Christmas gifts this year because of our cruise scheduled in May. We're doing a couple days in Orlando before, the whole bit, and decided not to do gifts this year. Well, I just can't NOT give him anything! After 18 Christmas' together (almost 15 of those married), I can't do it. OK, OK, I'm going to cheat after we agreed:D

So, I need (last minute) help! I'm not very imaginative but does anyone have any (inexpensive) cruise related gift ideas?? Just something that he can open that will make him think of our trip. I know we both kind of feel bad about not giving each other anything but I reminded him yesterday how AWESOME our vacation will be! I remember a thread a while ago with similar ideas but no time to search! Thanks ahead of time!

How about this:

A travel book about the ports you are going to

Paperback books to read on the ship

Suntan lotion

Sunglasses

Travel alarm clock(why they don't have clocks in the room is beyond me)

CD with music from the region you are traveling to

Beach towel

A new tie for formal night

A calender with pictures of cruise ships

Luggage tags in the shape of a ship(I got them at a luggage store)

:D hi michelle! if he is anything like my daniel he could use some new clothes........is there a tj maxx or marshalls near where you live? i would go and buy him a nice shirt and a pair of shorts as well as a nice pair of sandals..........when ever i see my dan wearing a particular shirt or the shorts always makes me think of the past cruises we've been on :) its funny how you said no gifts because you're going on the cruise..... be cause dan and i are going on the caribbean princess this feb 5th and we both agreed to not buying any gifts as well:D but neither one of us listened and the gift pile under the tree keeps growing and growing!! hope this helps :)..................woohoo woohooo i am beside my self........not sure i can wait.................................stephanie

Good suggestions above. Also, how about a "gift certificate" for a massage from you which he can redeem in 15-20 minute increments? My husband loves those, and of course he always redeems them when I'm a little tired. But I just remind myself how hard he works everyday to provide us with the necesseties and those not so necessary vacations.

Merry Christmas.

My DH and I say the same thing every year. This year, he gave me a Toyota Sequoia at Thanksgiving. It was suppose to be a surprise Christmas present, but came in early and even he was surprised when the dealership called and left a message, the day after Thanksgiving, that MY car was in. :D

So, we said NO other gifts for Christmas. I was OK with that since I had already purchased a couple of books for him anyway, then I found out from my children that DH had sent them out to get something else for me. Sooo... off I go to the mall yesterday to buy him a gift that led to another gift and so on. :rolleyes: :)

I like the idea of a cruise related book and music.

Thanks for the ideas!

Since we've been hammered with another winter snowstorm here in NE Ohio, I'm going to avoid the mall and keep it local. I'll pick up some sunscreen, a book and I LOVE the idea of the CD! Won't be going out until later tonight to pick things up so please keep the ideas coming!

Michelle,

You might want to hint to him that you are picking up some small inexpensive things so he doesn't feel bad if he has nothing for you. When my wife and I were first married, money was tight and we set a $50 limit on gifts for each other. I of course wnet over and she felt bad that she did not buy more. I told her not to worry about it because I truly enjoy giving things to her and watching her excitment. Giving really is better than receiving.

Yep.... we said the same thing! There are now three small gifts under the tree for my dh, one of which is a 20 unit tanning salon gift certificate. Just enough to give him a little color and a base before we head to FL. Anyway, that's from Santa. The other two gifts are from the dog and cat. So see, I didn't cheat. There isn't one thing under our tree that says to him from me. :D

There's a few under the tree that say to "Mommy" from the cat and dog, etc. Guess he didn't cheat either!

Merry Christmas!

Cathy

ha! ha! lol i am going out tonight to get daniel something from our two female cats(5 year old bob tail bengals) lilly and sumner....hee hee the pile keeps growing.......also i am so so bad......may even have next cruise booked before we leave for caribbean princess on feb 5th.....i love cruising......wonder if i will ever grow tired of it? just seems its so much easier to meet wonderful people.....like minded cruisers :).......................stephanie

Michelle,

You might want to hint to him that you are picking up some small inexpensive things so he doesn't feel bad if he has nothing for you. When my wife and I were first married, money was tight and we set a $50 limit on gifts for each other. I of course wnet over and she felt bad that she did not buy more. I told her not to worry about it because I truly enjoy giving things to her and watching her excitment. Giving really is better than receiving.

He's been married long enough not to fall for the "let's not get each other anything" trick...*lol* He'll ahve something for her...at least he'd BETTER...

my wife said the same thing, since we dropped about 4k on jewelry on our 12/3/04 cruise...but I picked her up something from our jeweler up here anyway..

Here is a cute idea for your next Christmas maybe...no way you could order this and have it in time for this Christmas...

A Cruise Ship Ornament...

http://store.yahoo.com/bronners/1084913.html

I got a different, much cuter one than this from this same sight. It looked much more like a cruise ship - but they sold out of that one and just have this. It's still adorable though.

Just an idea...

Maybe a new bathing suit for your husband too....could maybe find one this time of year at a TJ Maxx or Marshalls like Stephanie said. Or sometimes Old Navy stores carry bathing suits all year round too.

Happy Holidays!!!

Archived