Rome Airport(timing)

jeanine

We are staying in the Pantheon area. Our flight from Rome is at 7a.m. on a Monday in August. Would 90 min be early enough to arrive at the airport? Was told the drive is 40 minutes. Thanks

Assuming you are taking an international flight you should arrive to the airport two hours before your flight. I would allow one hour for the drive to be on the same side. I am sure at that hour you'll make better time but the cushion is good should the driver be late, etc. At that hour the actual drive will be closer to 45 minutes.

Keith

We are staying in the Pantheon area. Our flight from Rome is at 7a.m. on a Monday in August. Would 90 min be early enough to arrive at the airport? Was told the drive is 40 minutes. Thanks

I say give yourself at least two hours if not more to arrive at the airport.

It makes a difference if your flight is back to the US or to another Schengen country first for a plane change. We had a 7:20 am flight to CDG, Rome Cabs picked us up just before 5:00 am and dropped us off just before 5:30 at Terminal B. We were checked in with Air France and through security in about 20 minutes. HOWEVER, a bus load of people arrived about 10 minutes after us and if we had gotten there after they had arrived, it would have easily taken us an hour to get through all that. If you are flying back to the US first, you would go to Terminal 5 instead and you should allow at least 2 hours.

Archived